Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Hopefully that's an unintended bug.
    There are intended bugs?
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

  2. #22
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    A dev has already commented in another thread.

    There existed an exploit. This is a temporary change to remove the exploit until it gets fixed.
    Yeah the "exploit" was ranged becomming competitive in terms of numerical DPS. Instead of allowing that to happen, they shellack part of the melee game as well in order to quickly remove the posibility that ranged weapon DPS could hold its own as its own archtype in DDO without having to melee for a good portion of the time.

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yeah the "exploit" was ranged becomming competitive in terms of numerical DPS. Instead of allowing that to happen, they shellack part of the melee game as well in order to quickly remove the posibility that ranged weapon DPS could hold its own as its own archtype in DDO without having to melee for a good portion of the time.
    You still needed to melee a good portion of the time, how better to recharge the adrenalines?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  4. #24
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    You still needed to melee a good portion of the time, how better to recharge the adrenalines?
    Were able to do that with ranged in the past. Not anymore however.

    Heaven forbid we use a tactical ability or another burst in conjunction with destiny abilities. They didnt think of that when rolling super powerful destinies out? It just dawned on them now, that someone would want to use manyshot in conjunction with overload. Oh noes, ranged is starting to look like a good option.
    Last edited by Chai; 09-12-2012 at 03:44 PM.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maximus123123 View Post
    This is really funny.

    Turbine is so afraid of ranged becoming competitive that they are willing to break a game mechanic now to remove the threat immediately rather than wait till they have a proper fix in place.
    If you don't know what exactly they were talking about as an exploit, you aren't qualified to make this claim.

    If you do, that raises an entirely different set of questions.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

  6. #26
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Good luck getting a dev to comment on that!
    Heh, they did...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    There was a serious exploit with Adrenaline before 15.1. It was far stronger than Adrenaline affecting one volley during Manyshot, and not limited to ranged combat. (Reminder: Don't discuss exploits!) We weren't at liberty to discuss this while the exploit remained live.

    We hope to restore the originally intended functionality, which includes Adrenaline at least affecting some ranged combat and tactical melee abilities. This did not stem from a desire to completely remove Adrenaline's interactions from ranged combat or from any tactical combat feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  7. #27
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maximus123123 View Post
    This is really funny.

    Turbine is so afraid of ranged becoming competitive that they are willing to break a game mechanic now to remove the threat immediately rather than wait till they have a proper fix in place.
    No, that's not it at all.. read the dev's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  8. #28
    Community Member -Avalon-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    929

    Default

    I don't know a great deal about ED's, but from what I have seen, each destiny is tied (or based on) a specific class... the adrenaline is coming from Fury ED correct? And isn't that the one based on Barbarians, basically?

    I am missing some of the concept here... barbarians rage, which precludes them from using any intelligence-based activity... literally, they just want to pound heads in, right? So, as an extension of the barbarian, the fury gets adrenaline (so as to allow it to be combined with classes who are not based on rage, as well as give benefit to barbarians who DO have rage)...

    The adrenaline seems to be intended to act a great deal like a rage though. From what it looks like, I don't think the dev's are wanting players to use it in an unintended way. The idea of someone flying off the handle super-peeved and seeing red, then backing up to fire arrows at their target... seems a bit unlikely... likewise, the idea of that person using intelligence to consider the situation tactically (using certain tactical feats) seems unlikely...

    Just what I am thinking after reading the epic destiny and what people/devs have said so far... I may very well be wrong, just my take on the whole thing.

  9. #29
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yeah the "exploit" was ranged becomming competitive in terms of numerical DPS. Instead of allowing that to happen, they shellack part of the melee game as well in order to quickly remove the posibility that ranged weapon DPS could hold its own as its own archtype in DDO without having to melee for a good portion of the time.
    You guys really need to pull back from the brink...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  10. #30
    The Hatchery Expalphalog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yeah the "exploit" was ranged becomming competitive in terms of numerical DPS.
    It was significantly more than that. I get what you're saying, but you're wrong in this instance - the exploit was real.
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

  11. #31
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    If you don't know what exactly they were talking about as an exploit, you aren't qualified to make this claim.

    If you do, that raises an entirely different set of questions.
    No one wins an argument using the secret squirrel rule. We are qualified to make this claim.

    The evidence lies in the fact that ranged hasnt ever really been numerically competitive since the very early days of DDO when it did have an ROF that was close to melee attacks.

    Also not knowing about and not being able to talk about a specific thing are two different situations entirely, and does not initiate the automatic conclusion that someone was participating in something they shouldnt be simply because they have knowledge of what they arent supposed to be doing. If the world worked like that wed all be guilty of quite a few crimes now wouldnt we?

  12. #32
    Community Member Brennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expalphalog View Post
    It was significantly more than that. I get what you're saying, but you're wrong in this instance - the exploit was real.
    You heard it here first, folks: Using Adrenaline on Chests with a bow or tactical feat gives you better loot! Hulking out is the new Diplomacy!

    Also, I'm now going into the tinfoil hat business. If any of you "the exploit was Ranged Combat suddenly didn't suck as much as Devs wanted it to, regardless of what they actually say!" people would like to pre-order, I'll throw in some oppression-complex and martyrdom for free!

    And finally, I have had a realization. First, Deadly Weapons does not work with bows (pre-u14). Small annoyance that ends up having Deadly Weapons givena temporary bandaid. Then u14 launches, and suddenly ranged combat is broken, not getting proficiencies and thus having massive to-hit issues. At the same time, although not fully realized til after u15, people begin to notice that Combat Archery, Improved Martial Arts and Dance of Flowers are not applying +[w] to ranged combat And finally, Adrenaline is somehow interacting with ranged combat in a way that is broken/exploitive!

    So i have come to a conclusion: Bows are the new Handwraps!

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    So i have come to a conclusion: Bows are the new Handwraps!
    *GASP*

    This is an outrage! I demand that handwraps be immediately nigh-unusuable for a major melee ED!

    Legendary Dreadnought you say? Ah, crisis averted.

    In all seriousness good luck with them making good on their word to 'fix' ranged combat interacting with Fury of the Wild though. I'd wish handwraps' track record on no one.

    -TcJ

  14. #34
    The Hatchery teh_meh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    I know you guys are upset and I don't want to rile you up on the heals of a nerf....which no one likes.

    But there's still the predominant opinion that ranged DPS needs to be inferior because you maintain the safety of distance. You can argue it, spin it but the fact is...melee are getting in there dirty, all dirty like...and deserve superior numbers for the risk associated with being all up in there.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

  15. #35
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    I know you guys are upset and I don't want to rile you up on the heals of a nerf....which no one likes.

    But there's still the predominant opinion that ranged DPS needs to be inferior because you maintain the safety of distance. You can argue it, spin it but the fact is...melee are getting in there dirty, all dirty like...and deserve superior numbers for the risk associated with being all up in there.
    Dude archers are not like melee they are like sorcerers. So why do sorcerers do so much more damage then archers after this nerf? With 10 billion shrines per quest and free SLAs why can not an archer do similiar damage to a sorcerer? Stop comparing archers to melee which is erroneous.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Dude archers are not like melee they are like sorcerers. So why do sorcerers do so much more damage then archers after this nerf? With 10 billion shrines per quest and free SLAs why can not an archer do similiar damage to a sorcerer? Stop comparing archers to melee which is erroneous.
    I am very agree with you, , I think that ddo is killing the chance of making of the archers a competent and better class

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Dude archers are not like melee they are like sorcerers. So why do sorcerers do so much more damage then archers after this nerf? With 10 billion shrines per quest and free SLAs why can not an archer do similiar damage to a sorcerer? Stop comparing archers to melee which is erroneous.
    if a magician can do about 6000 points of damage in an attack like Dragon Breath, ¿why a archer can not make an attack of an good amount of damage?

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    No one wins an argument using the secret squirrel rule. We are qualified to make this claim.
    Well, I've seen one post from a person who claims to know what the exploit was, and that it was real and serious.

    Against that, the theory that the devs are just lying about it to nerf ranged DPS is highly unpersuasive.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Dude archers are not like melee they are like sorcerers. So why do sorcerers do so much more damage then archers after this nerf? With 10 billion shrines per quest and free SLAs why can not an archer do similiar damage to a sorcerer? Stop comparing archers to melee which is erroneous.
    What he said ...

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    I know you guys are upset and I don't want to rile you up on the heals of a nerf....which no one likes.

    But there's still the predominant opinion that ranged DPS needs to be inferior because you maintain the safety of distance. You can argue it, spin it but the fact is...melee are getting in there dirty, all dirty like...and deserve superior numbers for the risk associated with being all up in there.
    I'm not actually sure that's the predominant opinion any more.
    Plenty of people have tried ranged and like it enough to want it to be competitive with melee.
    It doesn't hurt melee, afterall, to have party members who can equally contribute (like sorcerers/wizards and blade barrier dispensers, e.g.), so why be upset if an archer can compete with melee in terms of dps? Maybe if it did, you'd want to play one as well, in addition to your melee toons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload