Default Duo Caught in the Web

Not sure if this has been done before. Wouldn't be surprised if it had, but we're still pretty happy with our achievement. We did epic normal, as this was our first attempt, and to be honest, my character isn't all that uber

My husband and I love playing together, and this was a fun little challenge for us to do. Took quite a bit of coordination, and being in the same room together definitely helped.

My husband played his multi-TRed completionist sorcerer "Lazertron", and he was fantastic. Great burst DPS and high HP meant that he was able to grab mobs and hold them for me to pick off one at a time.

I played my thief-acrobat 13 rogue, 6 monk, 1 druid "Staphe Infection". She puts out very nice DPS, though will be much nicer if I can ever pull a Sireth, but I mainly played her for her survivability. Moderate AC, max dodge, incorporeality and high healing amp for scrolls. I drank maybe 10 silver flame potions, but tried to avoid them so as to keep up my AC.

I had expected the leg fight to be the worst of it, but it was actually easier with just the two of us, as we were better able to see the legs spawning. No deaths there. I was the first death during the first optional when I fell of the island after being thrown up. All the rest of our deaths were during the final Lolth fight I believe. We sort of mucked that fight up I'm embarassed to say, as my everything is nothing accidentally agroed the necromancer in the south. I had put my ioun stone on a bit too early, and the necromancer quickly ate up all my charges, meaning I got cursed constantly through the Lolth fight. It also meant Lazer had a lot of agro on him during this fight, and so he was subject to quite a few of Lolths SP-draining eye beams. I think if we hadn't nabbed the necro we would have had a much smoother completion.

The final kill of the portal keepers was exceptionally smooth and we of course got completely skunked on the chests as usual.

In short, good times had by all, and looking forward to trying it again once I've gotten my staff and done a bit more work on Staphe. We welcome any tips others might have

Last edited by Chette; 09-11-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

very nice

+1 nice achievement chette&lazertron ^^
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Very cool

Well done !

Awesome stuff
    "Focus on Adventure Not Grind"

congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Community Member

gratz! nice to see it done by a somewhat unexpected combo of classes.
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

That sounds like a lot of fun. Gratz
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>