Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post
    Sorry was searching for DQ when this thread popped up. It must have mistook drama queen for Demon Queen.

Ha, ha, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgleno View Post
    Hence the suggested creation of another character w/ the same name. I assume (though I could be wrong, happens a lot actually) that a new char w/ the same name would prevent salvaging of the old one.
    Nope, it does not.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

moved east beside the oak tree, burrow'd under the cedar beside the lake..

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Suggestions up to now that I got from PMs/thread that are supposed to make me want to stay.

1. Make friends
    2. Join a guild
    3. "TR more cause you still suck" A.K.A triple completionist
    4. Join channels
    5. Get help for your depression

I suppose I could give it all a try...account still up until October anyway. So...

1. Guess we'll see what happens along the way.
    2. Who wants me in their guild?
    3. Sure I'll TR moar, epics were boring and not all that challenging anyway...and I like to build new stuff...22 lives to go.
    4. PM me info, Morfane. That would make two channels (Defense/Nerdrage), any others out there?
    5. Maybe.
    lol..
    ya.. and you can add how I creeped you out totally by writing you a PM while I was high on pain meds..
    I asked if I could take over Distributed while it is completionist..
    " can I haz Distributed ? "

never email while high on anything.. doh... lol..

but it does make questing fun.. from what I can see on Friday nights...

~ having DDO withdrawal too, not having my main computer up and running.. on my overheating laptop that always needs ice.. cannot log on game worth beans right now..
    Mystic Mountain DragonRiders
    pushing cart along marketplace shouting; " Fling out yer dead.. "

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    Suggestions up to now that I got from PMs/thread that are supposed to make me want to stay.

1. Make friends
    2. Join a guild
    3. "TR more cause you still suck" A.K.A triple completionist
    4. Join channels
    5. Get help for your depression

I suppose I could give it all a try...account still up until October anyway. So...

1. Guess we'll see what happens along the way.
    2. Who wants me in their guild?
    3. Sure I'll TR moar, epics were boring and not all that challenging anyway...and I like to build new stuff...22 lives to go.
    4. PM me info, Morfane. That would make two channels (Defense/Nerdrage), any others out there?
    5. Maybe.
    Well, I don't really want or not-want you to "stay", but I am generally of the opinion that it's better for people to be happy. Of course, my methods are a little atypical.

The overall message I get from your posts is that you want to feel included and wanted, and you're not sure how to go about this, and frustrated because it hasn't worked. It doesn't help that the advice you're getting is mostly at the wrong level. It's advice on how to have more fun playing the game if you're already enjoying the game and social experience, or generic "do this thing" advice which doesn't help if you don't know how to do that thing.

You certainly sound depressed. Can't diagnose over the Internet, not a qualified professional, blah blah blah, you know the drill. But I have a lot of friends who have had life-long depression, and boy, you sure sound depressed.

In which case, the most useful advice is to at least read up a bit on depression, and how it works, and ways to cope, and probably see some kind of professional for help. It can be worth investigating the various Happy Pills options, but I would never, ever, recommend those as the primary or only approach to dealing with depression.

Past that... Post some times you can be on pretty consistently, and maybe you could arrange a static team (even if it's just a duo) with someone or someones. I know that I tend to enjoy MMOs a lot more when I have a static team going. Of the 20+ characters I nuked when I left WoW, the one I miss most, by far, is the lowbie troll mage I was levelling with a friend.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123