Community Member

Default Lighting damage in new content (Lit2 still effective)?

Are the Lit2's still a solid weapon on the new content or are there a lot of lithning immune/resistant mobs/bosses?

Iirc Lloth isnt immune to lightning dmg. Some trash mobs are but thats about it. Dont believe the red named driders are but the mistresses will be when they sacrifice people(so is everything else except light dmg).

There are some lightning immune things but nowhere near the majority, and you just have to learn which are which. Dretches are lightning immune. I think a few other things are.

I have the standard setup of MinII/LitII and whenever I run into something that is immune to one I just switch to the other, and haven't had any issues yet. Caveat: haven't done the raid yet though, just everything else.

LitII still works well in the new content. As others have already said, there are few monsters that immune, but no where near enough to consider not using it.
    Last edited by IWMettleblade; 09-11-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

A lot of things in Song of Druid's Deep are immune to lightning.

Does anyone know what is the most effective trash beater for Song of Druid's Deep chain?

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    LitII still works damn well in the new content. As others have already said, there are few monsters that immune, but no where near enough to consider not using it.
    I was unimpressed with my lit2 damage in the xpack so I crafted up +5 holy burst (epic) of greater elf bane. Quite a nice dps jump from the lit2 for the vast majority of xpack mobs.

I'd say lightning damage resistance/immunity is probably the most common form of elemental resistance you'll encounter in u14/15. Will-o-wisps and (most) demons in particular are flat-out immune, so you'd best put your lit II away when fighting them.

That being said, elemental resistances and immunities are MUCH less across-the-board common than they have been in previous updates. Lightning is still useful against plenty of other mobs, so don't shelve your weapon entirely... just be ready to swap it from time to time.

Gone are the days when one specific elemental type is rendered near-useless in endgame content - I'll be interested to see when it finally sinks in and Fire Savants start cautiously appearing more and more often in epic groups!

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post

Does anyone know what is the most effective trash beater for Song of Druid's Deep chain?
    Craft yourself an acid burst of greater plant bane weapon with a ML 20 base item. Seriously. Most plant-type monsters in u15 have a slew of resistances, and are also immune to bleeding damage (a common damage type on many of the new high-end weapons). Acid still works fine (will-o-wisps are immune, though, so be ready for a quick swap when dealing with mixed crowds of mobs).
    Last edited by dejafu; 09-11-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post

The main issue is with the will-o-wisps and they take full damage from force.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    The main issue is with the will-o-wisps and they take full damage from force.
    Not just full, but actually purple damage, they're vulnerable to it... break out the MMs!
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.