Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Bring back whoever designed Amrath

Now that's a fun pack. Multiple quests have multiple paths that end at different bosses. It gives players different choices and challenges. The mazes are navigable without being annoying. I like having to coordinate my party - sending someone to pull levers while the rest of us rescue hostages.
    There's tons of great stuff about Amrath.
    The raid gear is customizable. You will never be able to make enough gear to satisfy all the players - it's why so many people are saying the CiTW gear sucks. Customization is good (note - this is also why I like the epic slot system). Also, working to make your item BETTER is good (note - this is also why I like the scroll/shard/seal system). Every piece that you loot gets you excited to upgrade your item, whether it's an epic scroll, or an ingredient for your ToD ring/ GS. ToD rings and GS items give players the item they wanted right there (well, a tier 2 GS is easy to make), but also have options to customize and make your gear even better. And that's why people still run these packs.
    The Tower of Despair is an AWESOME raid. I don't need anything else from it, and I still run it for fun. Beating down trash is lame - if I wanted to do that, I'd do another quest. And whoever designed ToD knew that. Give them bosses... and another boss... and 2 more bosses! It's fun! It provides multiple challenges to a variety of players in the party. It requires more than 1 tank, 1 healer, and 10 DPS. It requires coordination, tactics, and a variety of abilities in the party.

Before you make another disaster adventure pack/raid, take a look at Amrath first.

Community Member

Oh, and I almost forgot - it brings back the old bosses we love to beat down! Who doesn't like killing Malicia on her home plane after banishing her from House P? Or siding with your old foe Harry? Sulu coming back unexpectedly for revenge?

The pack was well written, well designed, and well coded. The gear isn't impossible to acquire or upgrade, but takes work. The flagging process isn't too long or annoying, and, like I said, since you can choose the bosses you want to fight in the quests, you can take the flagging path that suits you best.

It's so much better than everything in update 14 and 15, it's just disheartening.

While I do enjoy the quest content of U14. I do have to agree that Amrath is the pinnacle of DDO while giving mad props to all the devs that worked on it.

I also enjoy the slots on epic items. It allowed gear customization that I feel will be lacking with the new plain items.
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

Community Member

+1 all around
    Snuffles - lvl 20 fighter - Platinum Knights on Cannith

Thats interesting because I seriously cannot stand Amrath. The entire area, all the quests.. everything. Wish I'd never bought the pack. I'm not sure what it is about the place that infuriates me so, but nearly all my toons have minimal to no involvment in it at all. I suppose its all about preference. None have any need for Tod rings, especially now with the new and slighty stronger epic named items in play.

Conversely, absolutely LOVE the new Menace pack; the design, the music, the artwork and replay value far exceed anything Amrath could ever hope to offer.

But to each his own I guess. Again its all a matter of preference.

also bring back the guy that did LOB great fun quest fighting a evil warforge that got mutated from a ancient cannith forge
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

I'd vote for bringing back the person(s) who designed Gianthold.

I havent done a whole lot in Amrath, but from what i have done i can agree that it's fun. I wish they would expand upon it, because i like lore and the Mad Archon sounds interesting. I also would like them to expand upon the Lordsmarch chain that is always fun to run through.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Shiny things are shiny.

Somewhere in the land of rain, trees, and flannel. Could it get any worse? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I'd vote for bringing back the person(s) who designed Gianthold.
    I'm with you; I love Gianthold.

Community Member

I like Amrath myself. I agree it can get monotonously ugly and brown, and it was sometimes like "More devils? Really?" But overall I enjoyed the content. And it's also a *great* Pug training ground. Work together to get through Amrath and you can accomplish a reasonable amount in this game. It teaches a lot about tactics and defense.

Community Member

And +1 on Gianthold for sure.

Although I love most of the packs for the intrincate storyline, I have a favorite one. Necropolis 1~4. It resembles the classic D&D sessions I had in my teen years. Go down a catacomb, beat down lots of undead, lots of evil spellcasters, lots of minions, grab treasure, avoid traps, beat the bosses, all culminating to stop an evil lich to achieve godhood. Despite its simple mechanics, it's a classic. I'm positive that the whole package could receive a lift in terms of story and gameplay (making the raid work DECENTLY again, or even redo it all over again, attracting new and old players alike), not to mention a better overhaul on each module's loot.

Currently Enduring Life #12 out of 26

Amrath is the shizzle. That is one nasty pack. Whoever coded the bearded devils, orthons and the named pitfiends deserves a medal.

I would definitely love to see more pure nasty evil stuff like Amrath in the game.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Quote Originally Posted by RabidKoala View Post
    I havent done a whole lot in Amrath, but from what i have done i can agree that it's fun. I wish they would expand upon it, because i like lore and the Mad Archon sounds interesting.
    This. Perhaps the Archons/Angels Of Shavarath, or demon side. A lot of people don't know that the devils only control 1/3rd of Shavarath.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

I'll see your gianthold and raise you tempest spine, reavers refuge, and even redwillows and stormcleave outpost. Giants quests have been my favorite for a long time. Powerful enemies that don't need bunches of immunities to stomp you into the ground. As a spellcaster mobs with immunities get boring in larger numbers. That goes for the constucts filling house cannith as well as undead heavy quests. Give me more giants any day.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDektus View Post
    Although I love most of the packs for the intrincate storyline, I have a favorite one. Necropolis 1~4. It resembles the classic D&D sessions I had in my teen years. Go down a catacomb, beat down lots of undead, lots of evil spellcasters, lots of minions, grab treasure, avoid traps, beat the bosses, all culminating to stop an evil lich to achieve godhood. Despite its simple mechanics, it's a classic. I'm positive that the whole package could receive a lift in terms of story and gameplay (making the raid work DECENTLY again, or even redo it all over again, attracting new and old players alike), not to mention a better overhaul on each module's loot.
    Ooh man - not gonna lie, Necropolis is a close contender for me in favorite packs. I like a lot of stuff about necro 1-4.

Except Tomb of the Tormented. Screw that quest.

But I love the flagging mechanic (completing the Sigil and going into Litany to fight the bosses separately), the additional Tome pages and Shield pieces to collect, the explorable area - that stuff is top-notch.

The raid itself could use some work - I like it, but the coding problems in the Meteor room are a bit annoying. Fix that, and the whole pack, and the whole raid, are grade A material in my book.

Gianthold - not so much. The explorable area is largely empty. Prison of the Planes is a pretty darn fun quest tho. The crucible is interesting - if you are the swimmer/runner/jumper. Other than that it's just a maze to get thru, pike for a while, bossfight. Madstone Crater is okay. Admittedly, tho, Epic TOR dragonscale runs sound pretty fun.

Reaver's Fate I could care less for. Stupid, boring raid.

Whoever thought Amrath quest should only give 10K exp should be flogged. It's a sad sick joke when 12th level quests dish out more exp then 19th level quests.

Not to mention that New Invasion is only fun up until the end fight, which is the apex of making additional members of your party worthless as It always ends with 5 people standing around waiting for the 'kiter' to win.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mastikator View Post
    This. Perhaps the Archons/Angels Of Shavarath, or demon side. A lot of people don't know that the devils only control 1/3rd of Shavarath.
    It would definitely be interesting to see not just more of Shavarath, but where else can that planescaller send me to?

Please, not the demonweb.

Agreed, Amrath is still the "best" content in the game IMO.

the two best raids in the game: shroud and TS.

Whoever made these raids needs to come back to turbine.

more shroud type loot systems.

more quest series like the harbinger of madness.

that is all.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast