Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I have a confession....

I have a confession to make. It's embarrassing and I'm not real proud of it. However, I want to get it out in the open and hopefully I will find some support in the forums.

During my last 3 lives, I....I have never, never ever done a .....Shroud run.

There. It's out. I'm feeling a little better about myself.

What confession can you make?

OK, I made an aspect of ice Rapier 3 years ago.
    I was going to deconstruct it, but to me it's like an artifact.

Last edited by ferd; 09-06-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typos

Community Member

I stopped flagging for shroud about three characters ago. Same with the desert. Don't need to run those quests to hit 20, so i don't bother. They aren't my idea of fun. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

I am there with you I am not as motivated these day to run shroud. I flag and may run or not. Although I am a desert girl and do so most lives yet.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho1985 View Post

Nah - just kidding.
    On all characters I've never been Abbot flagged, ToD flagged, I have only one alt who can make it to Eveningstar, and I kinda hate runningThe Pit.

No worries.

I didn't run Shroud until I had everything checked off in Aranticus' old thread regarding raid readiness. I was capped on a gimpy 13Wiz/7fighter for a couple of months building up plat and buying what I needed.

My guildies hate running it. So when I did finally accept an invite it was high pressure.
    Last edited by taurean430; 09-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

People still run the shroud?

Community Member

Despite 2 characters being on their 3rd lives and 1 character on his 2nd life, I have never had a character flagged for Litany. I'm starting to wonder why I bought Necro 4.

Quote Originally Posted by WielderofGigantus View Post
    Despite 2 characters being on their 3rd lives and 1 character on his 2nd life, I have never had a character flagged for Litany. I'm starting to wonder why I bought Necro 4.
    Same. Seven lvl 20+ characters and only one was ever flagged for Abbott. Took him in for two consecutive runs, both of which failed so never completed. TR'ed him, he's lvl 25 now and about to tr again and not even flagged for Litany.

Also, I've been into every quest in the game at least once (if not completed, looking at you Abbott) except that quest in the Inspired Quarter with the Marilith. Have never stepped foot in that quest.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

Community Member

Default well

i used not to run shroud, cause i though was too hard to get accepted in a pug :P
    but that is no longer true so if u want to try it, just join a normal shroud and you are done with it...

i never run tod, mostly cause i dislike shavarath pack, and i like ml11 ml12 item... do not like ml18 items :/
    (i got some mindsunder although cause they are now easy to get)

if you think vale quests are hard and lame... you never tried shavarath
    ----------

now... i plan not to buy a pack with a raid, cause it is "hard" to run raids... and i am short on turbine points
    my idea of fun quests... are those quests that you can finish duoing in case noone wants to join you :/
    i finished adq raid normal many times solo or duoing when people didnt join... same for reaver...

last lives sadly i didnt flag reaver cause 9 relics are too many... dear dev guys if you read this: why dont you lower the required relics to flag to 3 3 3 please ?

sometime i think i will play the raids i bought and never played... but for now i focus on learning the quests i still do not know... and avoid buying more adv packs, until i learnt all the quests i bought...

i also bought artificier class, but i have no time to play one, so i plan not to buy druid, who also i dislike...
    my plan right now, is only buy things i have the time to use...

so: yes to "friendly" quests and no to "raids" and "unfinished new classes who clearly lack heal light moderate serious critical wounds mass" -.-' (and acquatic form, and bonus to hide move silently in wolf form)

Never flagged for Abbot.

Never run Demon Queen.

Never run Chronoscope.

Never been past VoN 3.

I looked in the Subterrane once.

I've never been flagged for Abbot, been flagged for litany once, but never did it anyway.
    Never done LoB or Master Artificer.
    Never been flagged for The Twilight Forge or The Titan Awakens
    Not gonna get flagged for The Reavers Fate anymore either.
    And worse of all: I PVP.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

/Nods head at join date...

Confesses: Never been capped - not even back when level cap was 10.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Red face confession

Quote Originally Posted by drwho1985 View Post
    I have a confession to make. It's embarrassing and I'm not real proud of it. However, I want to get it out in the open and hopefully I will find some support in the forums.

There. It's out. I'm feeling a little better about myself.

What confession can you make?
    You are absolved My son.....
    Its mind over matter It doesn't matter, If I don't mind -- Always use LOADED dice.

See Turbine? You don't NEED to develop new content; people aren't even playing the OLD content.

Makes me wonder what y'all ARE playing...

Y'all are missing half the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grayham View Post
    People still run the shroud?
    Monster manual named, yellow doppant.

I have a FvS who has been level 20+ for well over a year. He is not TOD flagged. He COULD be ToD flagged, but i stopped 1 quest short specifically so i can always tell people who ask me to run ToD with them "Sorry, I'm not flagged".

Default I Confess

Don't sweat the small stuff.

I have been around a while too.

Never run Titan
    Never run Abbot
    Never run LOB/MA
    Never run VON 5/6

Most raids just do not interest me. Love the TR process. Enjoy "short man" questing.

Still play the game several times every week, and now play with my 2 young sons. Best fun I have when time allows.

No regrets

Misery's Peak. Aptly named. Haven't run it on my TR since 1st Life. Maybe when they make breakables a part of the MonMan, I will go kill the rare crystal to free Frosty...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

I used to have a crappy computer that couldn't handle raids for the first 3 months I played.

I only use heavy fort about 75-80% of the time, and then only at level 17+ or so.

I never ran VoN 6. Just VoN 5 at level 10-12, and none of the groups ever felt like going to part 6.

Gianthold was my 8th or 9th pack, I can't quite remember. But it's bland as hell...if only there was enough other stuff at that level for xp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast