Community Member

Default Celestia - I think its broke.

Celestia the brightest Star of Day, is not shining so bright in my hands.

First off its made of solidified light so it is assumed that it will bypass most DR in game, yet it doesnt bypass DR if any DR is to be bypassed. Broken, it must be.

Second off, when I proc either Shield of Condemnation or the FVS ED ability (I think its called Rebuke Foe) its not increasing the weapon base damage.

Last but not least, it doesnt really shine, I looks a lil lacklustre for something supposedly made of light.

I think the concept of the weapon is sound and am hoping that it's not WAI, as atm it really isn't that great a weapon, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post

First off its made of solidified light so it is assumed that it will bypass most DR in game, yet it doesnt bypass DR if any DR is to be bypassed. Broken, it must be.

Second off, when I proc either Shield of Condemnation or the FVS ED ability (I think its called Rebuke Foe) its not increasing the weapon base damage.

Last but not least, it doesnt really shine, I looks a lil lacklustre for something supposedly made of light.

I think the concept of the weapon is sound and am hoping that it's not WAI, as atm it really isn't that great a weapon, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    If they add extra red crystal slot for those new raid weapon, I can't wait put heaven's light crystal for my x3 15-20 rapier(...)

Ups! Please any dev can confirm that this is not WAI?
    A weapon that does light dmg (not physical dmg) should breake any DR...
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Community Member

If it were shining, it wouldn't be that... solidified... would it? :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    Ups! Please any dev can confirm that this is not WAI?
    A weapon that does light dmg (not physical dmg) should breake any DR...
    Wasn't this tested already to break any DR in game? There is someone somewhere in the forum saying that it is how this works right now. Can't find the post right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Wasn't this tested already to break any DR in game? There is someone somewhere in the forum saying that it is how this works right now. Can't find the post right now.
    Rogann tested and posted the results here
    Quote Originally Posted by Delssar View Post
    Khyber is the worst server (IMHO) for community.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Maybe this?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=391122

(looks like it breaks DR)

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

This is also not working with other weapons that add light damage. Although Rebuke Foe SHOULD be working because that works on physical damage as well as light damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    We shall kill it with fire. And engineers.

Community Member

I can confirm that it breaks DR played and tested live.

Don't some bosses have Light Resistance? That might be what's causing the confusion.