Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Over Raided / AA solo Caught in The Web

I haven't been posting anything interesting in a while, so I decided to give a try to soloing the new raid. There actually is a pretty funny story behind this "completion".

Well... actually this is not a completion, since the raid bugged on me and even though Im clearly at the end with the main objective completed, talking to Ana in order to complete the raid does nothing. After I finally dealt with those annoying Portal Keepers i thought its the end and nothing bad can happen. Looks like I couldnt be more wrong lol.

So yeah, whoever feels like saying that its not a solo completion, because its not completed, is probably right lol (more or less). I also cheated a bit with 4 reentries, but I thought they were neccessary since the raid is not really that easy to solo. Extra points to whoever solo it without reentries ^^

I added a chat with GM into my screenshots. He clearly says that nothing can be done. :<

Community Member

You are so getting nerfed!
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    So yeah, whoever feels like saying that its not a solo completion, because its not completed, is probably right lol (more or less). I also cheated a bit with 4 reentries, but I thought they were neccessary since the raid is not really that easy to solo. Extra points to whoever solo it without reentries ^^
    It's not a completion... ON TURBINE'S PART. Been out for months, and the code is still not complete.

Seriously, how many times have they claimed to have fixed this raid? Throw it out, start over, you're just not going to get it fixed.

Edit: Oh yeah, when you redo this raid from scratch, make a list of "Things that players love" and put the top 5 in the raid. When you made the list of "Things that players hate" and used the top 5 from there to create Caught in the Web, you chose ... poorly.
    Last edited by Barazon; 09-07-2012 at 12:29 AM.

I haven't been posting anything interesting in a while, so I decided to give a try to soloing the new raid. There actually is a pretty funny story behind this "completion".

Well... actually this is not a completion, since the raid bugged on me and even though Im clearly at the end with the main objective completed, talking to Ana in order to complete the raid does nothing. After I finally dealt with those annoying Portal Keepers i thought its the end and nothing bad can happen. Looks like I couldnt be more wrong lol.

I added a chat with GM into my screenshots. He clearly says that nothing can be done. :<

not sure about having t he gm's name in the screenshot because, i've seen others get banned for putting it out on the forums, just beware o.0....
    which is why i see people block the chat area..

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Nice effort! No "success" though unless it's done without reentries though, IMO.

Still, very, very nice effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Community Member

Wait, you cheated! You went in with Shaatan!

nice job!
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

What, not letting us look at death count? Although I'm presuming it was 4.

Also how much time did it take you about?

Anyway, still great job.
    Exelin etc, exception Estelix of Elite Raiders, Khyber
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.

Community Member

re -entries --- who cares!

awesome job!
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

4 re-entrys lame....
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+1 and respect. Welldone.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

First off, awsome job to say the least. When I saw this post I ran in there on my monk to give it a crack. However I couldnt get loath below 60% as she keeps sacrifising spiders. I spent about an hour there trying to kill her the 1st time and failed. Maybe my dps just isnt good enough, being a dex build and all!

Can I ask what your stratergy was there? I understand if its top secret but if its not, please let me know.

Also props on the solo von6.

f-ing incredible, dude. First solo of the raid I have seen. Excellent work. I tip my hat to you, sir!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    First off, awsome job to say the least. When I saw this post I ran in there on my monk to give it a crack. However I couldnt get loath below 60% as she keeps sacrifising spiders. I spent about an hour there trying to kill her the 1st time and failed. Maybe my dps just isnt good enough, being a dex build and all!

Can I ask what your stratergy was there? I understand if its top secret but if its not, please let me know.

Also props on the solo von6.
    Nice to see that someone actually went in there solo to see how it is.
    Now you know what I was talking about when I said that this raid isnt really solo friendly. First Lolth is a piece of cake compared to the second one lol. You have to kill spiders as soon as they spawn or Lolth sacrifice them and heal up. It gets a lot more messy on the last fight where you also have to fight all those driders, priestesses, goristos and other stuff while dealing with Lolth and her spiders. Let me give you 1 tip... Ana is a truly awesome tank. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Relenthe
    What, not letting us look at death count? Although I'm presuming it was 4.

Also how much time did it take you about?

Anyway, still great job.
    I indeed died a couple times but my reentries werent really that closely connected to deaths. In this raid if you die, you can just jump down and you will teleport to rez shrine. I was reentering mostly to restock on heal scrolls, SF pots and to refresh my DW clicky (yes I know Im stupid for not stocking on those DW pots that you can get for commendations) when Ana didnt have enough HP left to spawn a shrine. I had atleast 3 deaths by just falling down while backwards kiting lol. I dont remember the rest of deaths but I probably had around 5 or a bit more.
    About the time I spent in there, Im not really sure but it was hell long. I wasnt really watching time while doing it and obiviously the time didnt pop up since I didnt get a completion. >.< It definitely took more than 2 hours, maybe even 3.
    Last edited by Shaatan; 09-08-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Nice to see that someone actually went in there solo to see how it is.
    Now you know what I was talking about when I said that this raid isnt really solo friendly. First Lolth is a piece of cake compared to the second one lol. You have to kill spiders as soon as they spawn or Lolth sacrifice them and heal up. It gets a lot more messy on the last fight where you also have to fight all those driders, priestesses, goristos and other stuff while dealing with Lolth and her spiders. Let me give you 1 tip... Ana is a truly awesome tank. xD
    Yea i was thinking that. Also wondering about the quell clickie from abbot (which i dont have), I hear it works on mistresses!

I know what u mean about running out of scrolls, think i used over 200 just on loath fail.

I guess if u get knocked off platform during legs you would have to relese as well right? as there is no res shrine at that point. probably easier on ranged toon not to get flicked off.

Thanx for the tips. Ill be trying again soon!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Yea i was thinking that. Also wondering about the quell clickie from abbot (which i dont have), I hear it works on mistresses!

I know what u mean about running out of scrolls, think i used over 200 just on loath fail.

I guess if u get knocked off platform during legs you would have to relese as well right? as there is no res shrine at that point. probably easier on ranged toon not to get flicked off.

Thanx for the tips. Ill be trying again soon!
    Yes, if you die at first Lolth you have to release.

You got me curious with that quell so I went and tested it. So the resault of my test was pretty dissapointing. I couldnt land quell on priestess at all. Maybe I can land it on mobs that she s about to sacrifice but thats not as awesome anymore so I didnt even bother testing it. :/

This is clearly shopped. The real shataan never would have reentered. He is that good.

Awesome work.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

God damn, stop making everyone else look bad .
    Morfane - Cealest - Naphor - Sofu - Nairs - Morphaine
    Nerdrage

That's uber!
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Community Member

Tried to duo this. Sorc and rog, we made it till the last fight with both optionals done but that got us and we recalled.

The 2nd Lolth's fight was incredibily difficult, too many Bebiliths at some point and too much spawn. How did you handle it? Not sure you posted your tactic in this thread and I probably missed them.

And gratz btw!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Tried to duo this. Sorc and rog, we made it till the last fight with both optionals done but that got us and we recalled.

The 2nd Lolth's fight was incredibily difficult, too many Bebiliths at some point and too much spawn. How did you handle it? Not sure you posted your tactic in this thread and I probably missed them.

And gratz btw!
    Its no fun if I tell you all the tactics I used and you just do what I said. Although, I already gave some hints as to how I dealt with that fight in this thread (maybe not directly).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast