Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

TL;DR

Skimmed it a little.

@Therigar: I have a 142/131/127 cannith crafter as my main.

You CANNOT craft a +5 Holly Repeating Heavy Crossbow Icy Burst Frost Blast with Cannith crafting. CC DOES NOT DO THAT. You CANNOT craft something remotely comperable to greensteel and even if you could, it would be ML20, not ML12. You're comparing apples and sparkplugs here. You might be able to make a decent DR-breaker, but it won't be as effective as greensteel. I haven't even run the shroud and I know that.

I did craft a lovely Holy Burst/Greater Evil Outsider Bane repeater for shroud. Should be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    You might be able to make a decent DR-breaker, but it won't be as effective as greensteel.
    Cannith crafted dr breakers do better dps than greensteel against mobs the bane hits, even moreso now with epic weapon blanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Cannith crafted dr breakers do better dps than greensteel against mobs the bane hits, even moreso now with epic weapon blanks.
    i am only a casual crafter, so please pardon my ignorance.
    what are epic weapon blanks? do you mean weapons with an absolute min level?
    Last edited by thouston; 09-08-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

In the past, Force rituals were still on the GS after an upgrade. I did not do it on a blank, but I am sure I did it on a tier 2 upgrade and the force ritual was still there when I upgraded to teir 3.

But.... this was before the new alter style. It may have changed.

For instance, the alters in Gianthold, which are a similar style, take you rold item away and give you a new one.... which removes any rituals on them.

Anyway, I believe that worst case scenario is you will lose the ritual and the ingrediants you used to get it, but could reapply it later. (when you get more ingrediants)

... but it might still keep it... just never know when they change things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by thouston View Post
    i am only a casual crafter, so please pardon my ignorance.
    what are epic weapon blanks? do you mean weapons with an absolute min level?
    Lootgen weapons with an absolute minimum level of 20 that do double base damage -- 2[W] -- can be used in crafting and retain their 2[W] status. High-end bane weapons almost always are +5 holy burst of greater bane, which results in an ML20 weapon anyway so really the two go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12