Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Grats, that sounds like you had a memorable experience! Thanks for sharing it.

Reminds of when I soloed Servants of the Overlord on my pale master. The hailstorm of arrows from the archers had him pinned, stuttering in place like a broken robot - but couldn't kill him due to boon of undeath. Good times.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Community Member

my two cents:

did EE the other day on my evo spec fvs + 2 monks + artie + sorc. whole quest was quite intense, since we didn't have proper CC, artie did great job destroying wisps (force runearm), monks pretty much owned rest mobs, few energy drains + implosion and DP on boss mobs. throwing quickened heals whenever they are off cooldown. my 1st death was to drow encounter - took way too much aggro - ding!

last boss fight. 1 monk got disconnected - no biggie. we pulled the boss to the cavern with shrine. sorc used dots, I focused on heals. monk and aritie dps'd him untill he changed shape - trash spawned and got nuked asap. used 1 pot only for the last fight but I could've spared it since I shrined with +50% sp left before that fight.

Is this fight hard? HELL NO!!

Is this fight intese? HELL YEAH!!

Should it be nerfed? HELL NO!!

Even going there solo on epic norm for the first time I quickly understood that trash should be killed asap since they heal that druid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Epic Normal, and the bug was not my fault.
    To his point, epic normal is the new normal. A level 22 character can easily steamroll a level 23 epic normal solo. It's a joke.
    epic hard is sort of the new elite.
    epic elite is like the old epic.

With dungeon scaling, hard is actually harder than epic normal, a lot harder.

To be honest, I have no idea why Turbine did this. It doesn't seem to serve any other purposes than to allow people to say "Look ma, I can solo Epic :-p", and allow TRs to get more first-time-on-this-difficulty xp bonuses (which is awesome!)

You don't get epic tokens, scrolls, seals, shards or anything else you used to get in epic quests on epic normal, at least not in evening star quests.

Epic normal definitely isn't as hard as the old epic. There's no epic loot either. I'm not complaining! Just pointing that out. I'm about to run druid's deep chain for the 5th time on epic normal (to get the last commendations I need) and I haven't seen any epic loot.

I haven't tried casual or epic casual, because I don't do casual. Casual is almost always a waste of time unless you are capped and farming quest chains for end rewards. Just to see something (best xp/speed/solo ratio) I did try normal, hard, elite, epic normal and epic hard on some of them and this has been my experience. Out of those, epic normal is the fastest and most productive way to solo them _and_ get a useful amount of xp. I probably would have farmed normal if it was Really Easy(tm). As it turns out, normal isn't markedly easier than epic normal and you get no xp if you are epic level.

Epic hard with a group is the most productive way to get xp. I'm talking soloing only, for farming with a decent amount of xp to boot. I'm trying to get a druid set going and I can solo druid's deep in an hour and 20 minutes. It's the fastest way to farm commendations and get xp at the same time, because you don't need to waste time forming a group.

Naturally a group is preferable but I simply don't have time to wait for people with the limited time I have to play during a given week.
    Last edited by hermespan; 10-30-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hermespan View Post
    Epic hard with a group is the most productive way to get xp. I'm talking soloing only, for farming with a decent amount of xp to boot. I'm trying to get a druid set going and I can solo druid's deep in an hour and 20 minutes. It's the fastest way to farm commendations and get xp at the same time, because you don't need to waste time forming a group.
    Do you mean you can solo the entire quest chain (4 quests) on epic normal in 1 hour and 20 minutes? That seems about right.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Do you mean you can solo the entire quest chain (4 quests) on epic normal in 1 hour and 20 minutes? That seems about right.
    Yep exactly right. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12