Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,577

    Default Solo Druids Deep...insane!!!!

    My toon: Lvl 24 Battle Cleric (working on 2nd destiny)...decent Melee DPS (But not up to Fighter/Barb Levels). Spell DC's not very good.

    I solo'd druids deep last night on Epic Norm. Was pretty easy up til end boss.

    When he went to wolf form and spawned all the trash, I was unprepared. I couldn't damage them faster than they could heal. I tried kiting everything through a blade barrier, but they just healed up after passing through.

    I tried to single out mobs one by one to try to beat them down, but the red named druid (In wolf form) kept tripping me. 3 trash druid spawned and just kept healing everything along with the red named as well as casting that gust of wind which kept me slowed most of the time along with spike growth(So when I wasn't lying on my back, I was moving and fighting at about 1/4 speed).

    The dang willow wisps kept spamming lighting bolts & the vine stalkers kept spamming acid burst & the Druids casting firestorm.

    I finally decided to pull the mobs down near the shrines incase I died (Which I never did). Finally the red named Druid got stuck behind the shrine (I assume a bug), so I was able to single out and slowly kill mobs one by one even though they were healing like crazy. I kept divine punishment fully stacked while swinging my falchion and each mob eventually died.

    Ultimately, I completed...but the end fight alone took at least 30 mins if not longer. Obviously the end fight would have been much quicker with a group. It was the most insane single encounter I had personally been in, but it was a load of fun.

    Chain end reward???? Well that was insane in a totally different way!!!!!

    Thank goodness for Radient Aura.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  2. #2
    The Hatchery Dielzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Congrats on using a bug to solo a Normal quest?

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Great to hear you enjoyed it. The spawns in that fight are quite a bit of fun yes. If you enjoyed that you might
    have liked the original version of the end fight in servants before they nerfed it to oblivion.

  4. #4
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Great to hear you enjoyed it. The spawns in that fight are quite a bit of fun yes. If you enjoyed that you might
    have liked the original version of the end fight in servants before they nerfed it to oblivion.
    sigh..

    Like all things challenging in this game, this fight too is getting nerfed in u15.1, much like the servants one due to solo player complaints.

  5. #5
    Community Member Tiamas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Not sure what you did there, you might have had a strance instance. I just ran it on my fighter (yeah i know, you dont have fighter dps ^^) but i basically used plain +5 wraps with lvl 2 sentinel and no powerattack/any tactical feat, just beating (around 35 dmg a hit) and i was able to do the fight in around 5 minutes and used 4 heal scrolls. There were no wisps at the endfight. I think not even on elite there are wisps in the end. And about healing mobs, as far as i ve seen only dryads are healing, not the druids. You might have focused on the wrong mobs. So if you really had wisps at the end there might have been something messed up.

    And yes, the chain reward is insane *g*
    Bruyak ~ Razahe ~ Duzzared ~ Marwachine ~ Hukwaller
    Mitis Mors|Thelanis

  6. #6
    Community Member totalmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    I soloed it on my xbow rog13/arti7/shadowdancer5 yesterday and found it very nice with the exception of the quest being the biggest lag-fest I've seen in all my days playing DDO lol.The amount of spamming lagging effects on a certain point in space at the same time is ridiculous imo.

  7. #7

    Default

    Did that quest solo a lot on a first life melee when it came out. I don't recall the end fight being especially difficult on normal. Just kill the healing mobs and the rest was cake. Like all quests though, it can be easy for one build and tough for another build.

  8. #8
    The Hatchery Syllph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Not to **** on your story, but something seems amiss here. You sure you were on epic Normal? I run this regularly on Epic Hard and even then the healing is never an issue. It's not a super easy fight but i've never run into super-fast healing or needing to resort to any tactics beyond standard beat down.

  9. #9
    Community Member MrWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,338

    Default

    i do it on my 22 level fighter, norm, greensteel...that last fight on casual epic is just fun....but on norm it was a bit more hectic.
    yea, they heal, but if you concentrate on just one you can take them down.

    of course that means everything is trying to hit you and surround you at the time. With my ac tank this was not an issue.
    I thought there was some wisps, don't remember, but I would kill them first then the casters...then the rest of the trash and then beat down the boss.

    on casual epic I would just beat the boss down.

    but ac tank helps prevent damage and keeps sustained attack on the red named.
    blade barriers seem like it would make it longer due to the casters just standing there and not running around.

    I liked the fight..
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

  10. #10
    Community Member CheeseMilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    sigh..

    Like all things challenging in this game, this fight too is getting nerfed in u15.1, much like the servants one due to solo player complaints.
    Aw, man!

    I had a really, really good time soloing it on EH with my ranger, and I look forward to trying EE when my guildies are ready.

    Not quite as hectic as Reclaiming the Rift, but certainly kept me busy.

    Is it too late to suggest (as a mostly solo player) that EH, at least, gets kept the way it is?

  11. #11
    Hero AZgreentea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost in the Swamp
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    sigh..

    Like all things challenging in this game, this fight too is getting nerfed in u15.1, much like the servants one due to solo player complaints.
    Its weird to me that making a quest that can already be solo'd easier is 'nerfing it'. I'm not sure what it would be called, but that dosent feel like a nerf. Making it so you CAN solo a quest, that feels like a nerf.

    I took my lvl 18 cleric with a lvl 18 Pal hire and the Onyx Panther in on Heroic Normal, and the end mob made the quest go instant Green DA. I got squashed. I'm a casual player, so I dont have Shade level twink gear (I'm not hating on you Shade, I'm just giving a point of comparison). I was surprised how difficult the end fight was compared to the whole quest chain, much less the rest of that specific quest. The abundance of Wisp's gave me some problems, but I felt like the end fight is out of balance compared to the rest of the chain. Either the chain needs to be more difficult, or the end fight needs to be easier.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

  12. #12
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Its weird to me that making a quest that can already be solo'd easier is 'nerfing it'. I'm not sure what it would be called, but that dosent feel like a nerf. Making it so you CAN solo a quest, that feels like a nerf.

    I took my lvl 18 cleric with a lvl 18 Pal hire and the Onyx Panther in on Heroic Normal, and the end mob made the quest go instant Green DA. I got squashed. I'm a casual player, so I dont have Shade level twink gear (I'm not hating on you Shade, I'm just giving a point of comparison). I was surprised how difficult the end fight was compared to the whole quest chain, much less the rest of that specific quest. The abundance of Wisp's gave me some problems, but I felt like the end fight is out of balance compared to the rest of the chain. Either the chain needs to be more difficult, or the end fight needs to be easier.
    And i'd be all for making it easier for solo players on normal and epic normal.

    But thats not how they operate. They are reducing the challenge of the fight on ALL difficulties. Even for full groups on epic elite.

    So for players who enjoyed the challenge as is now, on any difficulty.. It's getting nerfed for them. And judging by not myself, but this thread as a whole - thats turbine category to the minority. In other players eyes, perhaps removing all the challenge from the game for everyone would be considered a "buff" to them. To me, it's one of the worst kinds of nerfs.

    I think the best part of DDO has always been its community. To so heavily focus on solo players to me, is a direct nerf to the community, and thus to the game as a whole. You might not see it. But over the years I have, quite plainly. Thousands of players have left because the challenge was lost to them, thus the fun of the game.

    And I don't think you know me or understand what the word twink means if youd use it against me. Being an ancient player whos always maintained my characters at the level cap, I have never "twinked" my main characters. I simply couldnt had I wanted to. (The term refers to giving stronger gear then youd normally get to a lower level character)

    PS: I'd wager you'd have an easier time on the end fight if you dumped the hireling and panther. They contribute to dungeon scaling, and thus the number and strength of enemies you will face.
    Last edited by Shade; 09-06-2012 at 07:52 PM.

  13. #13
    Hero AZgreentea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost in the Swamp
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    And I don't think you know me or understand what the word twink means if youd use it against me. Being an ancient player whos always maintained my characters at the level cap, I have never "twinked" my main characters. I simply couldnt had I wanted to. (The term refers to giving stronger gear then youd normally get to a lower level character)

    PS: I'd wager you'd have an easier time on the end fight if you dumped the hireling and panther. They contribute to dungeon scaling, and thus the number of enemies you will face.
    In this case I meant twinked as in a player that has many high level characters that can feed the better gear to lower level characters. Nothing wrong with it, as it tends to happen when you play for a long time, for many of hours, and see lots of endgame content; you tend to have a lot of stuff. I have only managed to cap the one character, so my cleric is running around with whatever she managed to find along the way. Her gear is not impressive by most standards, and I haven't even found a good GFL item for her yet. I'm not even willing to take her into a Shroud yet. I probably haven't actually run with you on Khyber, since I only have the one capped character. Still, I would bet your characters would have an easier time soloing a quest than any of mine would, which is what I was trying to get at.

    I can try it without the hirelings, and it might be easier. I still think the end fight is out of balance with the chain. I would prefer it if they made the chain harder, but they are making the end fight easier instead.

    More wisps in the chain and more mobs in the final quest would be an easy way to make the chain harder. On Heroic Normal there were times when I wondered why the dungeon was mostly empty. There seemed to be huge gaps between fights, and the fights were kinda short. Then the end fight comes up, and bam! Thats what the rest of the dungeon should have been like, not just the end fight.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

  14. #14
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    sigh..

    Like all things challenging in this game, this fight too is getting nerfed in u15.1, much like the servants one due to solo player complaints.

    Just note....I was not complaining. In fact, I said it was fun.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  15. #15
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Not to **** on your story, but something seems amiss here. You sure you were on epic Normal? I run this regularly on Epic Hard and even then the healing is never an issue. It's not a super easy fight but i've never run into super-fast healing or needing to resort to any tactics beyond standard beat down.
    Between the spiked growth constantly being cast on me and gust of wind being spammed and the Red Named tripping me over and over again ( I was either on my back or slowed most of the time). I couldn't melee them down fast enough to overcome their healing. Now granted, I was on a battle cleric and only had 36 str, so I couldn't DPS them as well as a fighter or barb.

    I know my intent was to run it on Epic Norm, but maybe I chose EH or EE by accident.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  16. #16
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    Congrats on using a bug to solo a Normal quest?

    Epic Normal, and the bug was not my fault.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  17. #17
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamas View Post
    Not sure what you did there, you might have had a strance instance. I just ran it on my fighter (yeah i know, you dont have fighter dps ^^) but i basically used plain +5 wraps with lvl 2 sentinel and no powerattack/any tactical feat, just beating (around 35 dmg a hit) and i was able to do the fight in around 5 minutes and used 4 heal scrolls. There were no wisps at the endfight. I think not even on elite there are wisps in the end. And about healing mobs, as far as i ve seen only dryads are healing, not the druids. You might have focused on the wrong mobs. So if you really had wisps at the end there might have been something messed up.

    And yes, the chain reward is insane *g*
    You must have been in Heroic instead of Epic. I was doing about 60 per hit and around 120 on crits...and they were healing almost as fast as I could damage them.

    There were at least 3 willow wisps and the buggers wouldn't stand still long enough for me to kill them.

    To the best of my recollection...I had 3 wisps, 2 or 3 Vine Stalkers, 3 Druids, 3 Dryads and the red named. I don't recall if there were any other mobs, but that was enough. Something was healing everything, I assumed it was Druids and the red named, but it could have been the Dryads. Those dam druids & red named were spamming spells left and right.

    I have heard of people occasionally getting bugged quests instances with higher CR mobs than there should be (Not just the new quests either). I wonder if this could have been the case.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  18. #18
    The Hatchery Syllph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    You must have been in Heroic instead of Epic. I was doing about 60 per hit and around 120 on crits...and they were healing almost as fast as I could damage them..
    Ah. I hope this doesn't come off sounding awful but now it all makes sense. These numbers are very low.

  19. #19
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    Ah. I hope this doesn't come off sounding awful but now it all makes sense. These numbers are very low.

    VERY low....I wouldn't go that far, but I admitted up front..that my DPS is not tops....but, how many top end DPS'rs can stand in and take the beating that I took for 30 mins or more (Solo, no hireling) and still complete with no deaths. This toon is nearly impossible to kill, but granted is a bit slower at killing things. And this is only one of my 12 alts (Altaholic)

    I routinely solo content with this toon that my Legendary Dreadnaught fighter with 2 - 3 times the DPS wouldn't even dream of attempting to solo.

    I built this toon strictly for soloing. I sacrificed some DPS for durabilty and am quite happy with the outcome.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

  20. #20
    Community Member Tiamas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    You must have been in Heroic instead of Epic. I was doing about 60 per hit and around 120 on crits...and they were healing almost as fast as I could damage them.
    I double checked the difficulty after completion because my experience and your post were so different. It was epic normal. Maybe you should try it a second time and something was really messed up.
    Bruyak ~ Razahe ~ Duzzared ~ Marwachine ~ Hukwaller
    Mitis Mors|Thelanis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload