Default Update 15, Patch 1: Leveling Events

I will be online (perhaps with a few others) on the following days and times to provide exp, plat, and to fill the AH with loot!

Friday, September 7th at 7:30pm to 9:30pm

Saturday, September 8th from 9am to 11am

All times are Eastern (GMT-4)

See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I will be online (perhaps with a few others) on the following days and times to provide exp, plat, and to fill the AH with loot!

See you there!
    Are you folks planning on letting people that had a failed character copy a shot at the lamannia content?

Looks like you guys are just shrugging your shoulders mumbling an "oh well" every time you notice someone lamenting about their failed character copy from months ago.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Unfortunately, the only way to allow individuals to reattempt a failed character transfer would be to wipe the entire server clean.

We're offering these leveling/gearing events in an attempt to balance out all of the failed attempts.

That said, there may be a wipe/reset of Lamannia within the next update or two.

Community Member

Unfortunately, the only way to allow individuals to reattempt a failed character transfer would be to wipe the entire server clean.

We're offering these leveling/gearing events in an attempt to balance out all of the failed attempts.

either turbine lacks the ability to fix this problem or turbine doesnt care about bugs. most likely both.

That said, there may be a wipe/reset of Lamannia within the next update or two.
    Too bad. What a way to neuter a bunch've genuinely interested people...
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Cool

Can you please give out Twelve favor and drop some greensteel ingredients?
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Question

i don't understand the purpose of building a character on live server just to be copied onto the preview server??? your not going to get that character back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by irnimnode View Post
    i don't understand the purpose of building a character on live server just to be copied onto the preview server??? your not going to get that character back.
    Not sure what you mean. We don't play TO copy the character. We want to copy the character on lamannia to test stuff that THEN we will play on the live server with our main char. However, we don't want to test stuff with the char of 3 months ago, without gear or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    Can you please give out Twelve favor and drop some greensteel ingredients?
    Then, there are people like buttkierownsmade, that is known that play only on Lama. And that's ALSO why a wipe is needed every couple of months.

Will we be able to get Epic Destiny XP/progress in these events? I would love to participate to try and replicate the issue some people have had where they lose all Epic Destiny records when they do an LR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

See you there!
    You wont see me until a wipe occurs. Not worth wasting my time on toons from may that were brought over during beta 2. All the little secrets will stay with me till then. See u when u are willing to wipe lam.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I would prefer a procedure where wipes did not occur unless technically necessary.

My ideal would be to allow both copy-over AND kept-from before.

What I can test by copying over is limited. I much prefer to try various builds and things fresh on Lamma. I don't like having to start new each wipe, wait for a levelling event, etc., so each time there is a wipe it will be awhile before I get up enough energy to want to come over and do it again.

For those few who criticize Turbine for not having things exactly the way they want, why are you here on Lammania anyway? We're here to help Turbine improve, not to make their life more difficult. Perhaps you should examine why you are here?

Are there any other times you will be on to level?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by devlkiller0 View Post
    Are there any other times you will be on to level?
    Not until, next time there's something new to test I imagine.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Not sure what you mean. We don't play TO copy the character. We want to copy the character on lamannia to test stuff that THEN we will play on the live server with our main char. However, we don't want to test stuff with the char of 3 months ago, without gear or anything else.

Then, there are people like buttkierownsmade, that is known that play only on Lama. And that's ALSO why a wipe is needed every couple of months.
    Why? I do not have any. lvl 20s on live anymore because someone hacked my account and has put a password authentication on. I know...
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."