Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Unhappy Good luck w/ that...

There's a reason that my only Archer ranger is still sitting at level 12 for so many YEARS!

I've been playing since Feb. 2006 and ranged combat love has always been a MYTH. Seriously, you'd think in all that time they could put a team on it and make it viable. Sadly if it isn't a part of the upcoming PRE revamp update I think it will remain just that. A MYTH!...

===> CASE
    SARLONA: Mythical- Kace, Axle, Boarshead, Dweomer. Lloth's Children- Imperel, Grumph, Shaydes. ARGO: DRAGON- Drygaien, MPAKT. Warrior's Soul- Dweomer, Phealer, Quickkick, UrsaMajor. THELANIS:Mror Hold- Mhjolnir, Ollyver, Tuskso. Knights of Stormreach- Halisstraa, Razorred. KHYBER:Dwarven Defenders- Numberz, AlphaBits, DeuxNombres, Lilbastich, Rowaan.

So executioners strike should work now? Like actally procing a insta-kill and everything and not just applying the 3[w], right? I guess we shall see tomorrow. Also, I am assuming BOTH types of combat and not just melee, right? Or is ranged getting the full fist again?
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by Docherty View Post
    I'm quite unhappy about this. Sincerely Turbine, **** YOU. My anger is piqued, please justify this change to me (good luck) - at this point my ongoing sub rests on it.
    You want justification for nerfs in this game? These devs are far too busy to justify their actions (/sarcasm). Turbine could use a huge lesson in communication from the folks over at WotC. I stopped playing M:tG over 3 years ago, but I still read their daily articles on the game written at least in part by those that make the design decisions. These people aren't afraid to tell their players what's going on and why nerfs (bannings) happen. They use their daily articles not only as a means to peddle their new products but also as a way to inform players and give them an inside look at the design process. Communication Turbine. It's a thing, and it's a good thing.

You're not required to do it as you like to keep reminding us and we're also not required to spend any money on the game as many like to keep reminding you, but if a little communication can lead to happier players, then you might want to consider hiring people with inside info specifically to relay things to the players in a structured manner. Vast and mysterious is getting a bit old and has been for about 5 years now.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    So executioners strike should work now? Like actally procing a insta-kill and everything and not just applying the 3[w], right? I guess we shall see tomorrow. Also, I am assuming BOTH types of combat and not just melee, right? Or is ranged getting the full fist again?
    To answer my own question... its the full fist.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    It won't be done for this patch, since I'm asking them to do some major recoding of how UMD works behind the scenes. (Perform UMD checks only on dungeon entrance, on equip, on activate, and on rest instead of continuously.)
    Missed this post when it happened. But better late than never!

Awesome news, +1!
    (Thank you, AND that guy over there too.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Wink

Yo kookiekobold, can you please post for some more dev events pleeaaaasse?!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Dude, there are none! u15 p1 is already on live. im pretty sure the server will be shut down soon.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Intolerant Blow wasn't functioning correctly in most cases, not actually adding the threat it claimed to. We spent some time trying to get the original version working correctly. We decided to make the ability functional even if that meant making it less cool.
    Could you please define the Dev version of "working correctly?"

The way that it WAS working was very good, and was making your player base happy. Therefore, it was working well enough for our liking. Why change that?

Are you able to say that this change will be equivalent to how it has been working, or better?

I'm confused on how you were unable to get it to work correctly, but nerfing the hate and extending the time, but otherwise keeping the same exact function DID work. What you're saying is that you were unable to get 1,000% for 12 seconds to work, but you can get 200% for 60 seconds to work. So if that's the case, can you get 500% for 30 seconds? Or maybe 900% for 15 seconds? Better yet, keep the 200% for 60 seconds, but give it +2[W] or +3[W] damage for 60s.

I, for one, sincerely appreciate the response. However, it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by psymun; 02-04-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Dynacel (12 Pal/6 Rgr/2 Mnk), Eminence (18 Evoker FvS/2 Mnk), Janaya (12 Mnk, 6 Rgr, 2 Ftr Arcane Archer), Nymari (18/2 Druid Monk), Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by psymun View Post
    Could you please define the Dev version of "working correctly?"

The way that it WAS working was very good, and was making your player base happy. Therefore, it was working well enough for our liking. Why change that?

Are you able to say that this change will be equivalent to how it has been working, or better?

I'm confused on how you were unable to get it to work correctly, but nerfing the hate and extending the time, but otherwise keeping the same exact function DID work. What you're saying is that you were unable to get 1,000% for 12 seconds to work, but you can get 200% for 60 seconds to work. So if that's the case, can you get 500% for 30 seconds? Or maybe 900% for 15 seconds? Better yet, keep the 200% for 60 seconds, but give it +2[W] or +3[W] damage for 60s.

I, for one, sincerely appreciate the response. However, it doesn't make sense.
    Umm... you realize you're quoting a post from over a year ago not one about the recent changes right?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234