Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Intolerant Blow wasn't functioning correctly in most cases, not actually adding the threat it claimed to. We spent some time trying to get the original version working correctly. We decided to make the ability functional even if that meant making it less cool.
    Is this a temporary solution, a la Deadly Weapons doing 1d8 Force for a while before being changed to grant the +1[W] bonus, or the end of the story?

While I don't mind seeing more sources of hate generation, and especially twistable ones, but I'd much prefer to see this ability function as advertised, or at least something close to it. Could it trigger an Intimidate-like effect that isn't barred by being mindless?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    It won't be done for this patch, since I'm asking them to do some major recoding of how UMD works behind the scenes. (Perform UMD checks only on dungeon entrance, on equip, on activate, and on rest instead of continuously.)
    how's this going to work with disjunction orbs (eg. in epic against the demon queen)?

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    how's this going to work with disjunction orbs (eg. in epic against the demon queen)?
    I'd like to know as well. Because right now, for people affected by UMD lag, being hit by a disjunction ball means not moving for a very long time, and in Against the demon queen you can get chain-disjuncted very easily.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    ....so when do we get to try out the new Mabar event?
    Looking forward to seeing the changes to that one too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We spent some time trying to get the original version working correctly. We decided to make the ability functional even if that meant making it less cool.

This is the best news I have heard from a dev in years! Finally all the tooltips and such will be accurate. of course, this will mean all the bugs will be fixed.... errr changed to WAI.

Why havent you spoked with those geniuses from brown univ that wrote ddo? Did you burn those bridges?
    Last edited by mystafyi; 09-05-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Thumbs up

I tested out the lvl 21 and 22 Hirelings (because that is all my lvl 20 on Lama can test) and they have Rez now (again)!

Hirelings

• Shael's missing Power Word: Stun icon has been fixed.
    • Fixed some high level hirelings that had incorrect icons on their hotbars.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Default Cormyrian Weapons

Cormyrian weapons will no longer be able to have effects which increase the DC of tactical feats which they could not benefit from.
    Will this apply to already existing weapons or does this only apply to newly generated weapons?

Community Member EustaceTrevelyan's Avatar

It won't be done for this patch, since I'm asking them to do some major recoding of how UMD works behind the scenes. (Perform UMD checks only on dungeon entrance, on equip, on activate, and on rest instead of continuously.)

Hey, this is majorly cool. I don't see login in that list, so we won't have to do the shuffle on login anymore? (Course, dungeon entrance would suck if it unequips everything that needs umd.)

Imagine that. Still no mention on the known issues, or even a fix, about the missing cosmetic pets that have been missing since expansion launch.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

Community Member

FoTW no longer works with ranged combat....Turbine you never cease to amaze me. Rangers/AA's finally get a tiny boost to make them at least somewhat close to other classes in usefulness and now you're gonna nerf it??? Like seriously? Guess I go back to having no reason to play my ranger again. Some of the idea's you guys come up with are just pathetic.

Community Member

Working on it.

Edit:
    Actually, I'm not working on it. But one of those guys over there is.
    Oh my, thank goodness. HURRAY! Cheers for the info, so glad to hear it's being worked on.

I might even take UMD again on my next LR/TR... wheeeeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    Oh my, thank goodness. HURRAY! Cheers for the info, so glad to hear it's being worked on.

just make sure it's not a ranged toon because it will just be nerfed into oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    • NPC links to Menace of the Underdark content now function correctly, and notify players that they can purchase adventure pack content by purchasing one of the Menace of the Underdark bundles.
    Will the MotU packs be available individually any time soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    you get to roll the dice to see if your toon loses tomes or loses epic destiny xp or both :P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    you get to roll the dice to see if your toon loses tomes or loses epic destiny xp or both :P
    I've LRed all my >20 chars now, and none of them have bugged out at all. Guess I'm lucky.

Tenser's Transformation has been changed to the following effects: You gain a +4 Alchemical bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, a +6 Alchemical bonus to Armor Class, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. Your Base Attack Bonus equals your character level. Your spellcasting ability is reduced, resulting in a -2 penalty to all spell DC's, -2 to your rolls to bypass enemy Spell Resistance, and doubling the cooldown of your spells.
    Nice.

After perusing the known issues list, i don't see any mention of Combat Archery, Improved Martial Arts and Dance of Flowers in relation to how they are not applying their +[w] effects to ranged attacks.

Are the bugfix teams aware of these issues? Are they being worked on? Can we get some kind of bandaid for these abilities? For instance, stacking +4 damage to ranged combat from Combat Archery and stacking +2 damage to ranged combat while centered from Improved Martial Arts, and +2/+4/+6 from Dance of Flowers? This would be mildly less than +[w] for standard bows, and much less for higher base damage bows, but would serve as an atleast manageable placeholder.

Warning, personal story: My archer is getting up inlevels, and is rapidly approaching the point where my original plan was to put two level up points into dex (a stat that is almost useless to my character) in order to qualify for Combat Archery, to take both that an Improved Martial Arts as my epic feats. Considering that the fact it doesn't seem to be working (According to a few forum posts) isn't even ackowledged, I'm wondering whether I should take an entirely different tact and build away from Combat Archery entirely! The fact that Improved Martial Arts issues with ranged combat seem to be known by devs (I think?) but not on the known issues list concerns me as well! Now my character has no viable epic feats, outside of stat points, and i don't know whether its worth taking the broken feats and hoping they get fixed in a timely manner, or just avoid them altogether.

And to compound the issue, LRs are entirely broken for tri-class epic characters, plus it carries chances of absolutely runing epic XP, favor, etc... so unfortunately the "Just build for what works, and fix it with an LR later" option also is out the window!

So devs, you can see I'm in a predicament! Any info would be good info!

(raid time bypass items now unbound, can be passed and auctioned)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpinator View Post
    Fail.
    No, not a fail - now they can be bought for friends on timer. And bought for plat! Woohooo, a way to make plat in the game by spending real money!!!

Uhm...the last sentence there is sarcasm. I. Think. I. May. Go. Buy. A. Bypass. Now. And sell it...

Tenser's Transformation has been changed to the following effects: You gain a +4 Alchemical bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, a +6 Alchemical bonus to Armor Class, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. Your Base Attack Bonus equals your character level. Your spellcasting ability is reduced, resulting in a -2 penalty to all spell DC's, -2 to your rolls to bypass enemy Spell Resistance, and doubling the cooldown of your spells.

Now.. Something similar for the Bladesworn Transformation in stead of the healing immunity - pretty please with kobold on top.

Quote Originally Posted by LelandHill View Post
    FoTW no longer works with ranged combat....Turbine you never cease to amaze me. Rangers/AA's finally get a tiny boost to make them at least somewhat close to other classes in usefulness and now you're gonna nerf it??? Like seriously? Guess I go back to having no reason to play my ranger again. Some of the idea's you guys come up with are just pathetic.
    I'm quite unhappy about this. Sincerely Turbine, **** YOU. My anger is piqued, please justify this change to me (good luck) - at this point my ongoing sub rests on it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast