Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

hey just come out and say you don't want any ranged combat and then take bows out of the game so some of us stop trying to make builds that aren't cookie cutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Another ranged nerf. Yet another reason for me to never spend another penny on turbine. Yet another reason for me to log in less and less
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default Where will events be posted?

I hope events will either be posted in a separate message (so I can see them on the dev tracker) or posted inside the first message. If the first message is changed I suggest changing the title.

If its just going to be among the long responses to this thread I'll likely miss it.

And I am VERY happy that there was no character wipe. I am so tired of redoing them over and over.....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    I hope events will either be posted in a separate message (so I can see them on the dev tracker) or posted inside the first message. If the first message is changed I suggest changing the title.

If its just going to be among the long responses to this thread I'll likely miss it.

And I am VERY happy that there was no character wipe. I am so tired of redoing them over and over.....
    Yeah because two clicks are far better than having a bunch more of players with their proper char to test stuff. Lol.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Yeah because two clicks are far better than having a bunch more of players with their proper char to test stuff. Lol.
    It does not matter what gets tested, whats on lamma goes live. Bugs, exploits and broken quests. Alot of folks that used to hit lamma up stopped going or they check it out, but dont bother reporting the bugs.

Turbine, you are the killer of ddo, not another game. Sad when you are your own worst enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We've just updated Lamannia with the first part of U15, Patch 1!

You can check out the release notes here:

• The Unyielding Sentinel's Intolerant Blow has been reworked, and now allows a player to spend one Smite Evil to gain +1000% Sacred bonus to threat generation, and deal +1(W) damage. These benefits will last for twelve seconds.
    • Fury of the Wild's Adrenaline benefit no longer works with ranged combat.

Um...why?

Intolerant Blow was an interesting ability to cycle in along with Intimidate in order to grab aggro of a crowd, and was rather useful on creatures that were unaffected by Intimidate, such as spiders (prevalent in the new content). Changing it to a straight threat generation bonus is both rather dull, and completely removes the previously unique functionality that it afforded.

PLEASE REVERT THIS CHANGE!

As for Adrenaline no longer working with ranged attacks, what's the justification for this? If it's considered to be too powerful getting Adrenaline on all 4 arrows of a Manyshot volley, then do the coding legwork to have Adrenaline only affect one of the arrows in the volley. There are already too many abilities in the game that don't work with ranged combat without adding yet another one. That this is a core ability for an entire destiny, which already only barely worked with ranged combat should lend even more weight to not making it entirely unusable. You already can't regenerate Adrenaline with ranged combat, so such characters are either limited to the base number of Adrenaline granted by Fury levels, or are forced to swap to melee, which they often are forced to anyway, which is a problem.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Um...why?

Intolerant Blow was...
    Pure speculation but i would guess that it's either due to not being familiar with the game they design or alternatively that they felt that it would be to strenous for a paladin fury to tank bosses. Prior to the change the paladin fury would only be able to achieve ~25k threat, or 50k if the 31% double strike procs, in a single attack. They might actually need to do additional attacks.
    with this change they can get 70k/140k threat in a single attack and should thus be safe to put a weight on the block button and afk the rest of the bossfight.

;p

[/B]As for Adrenaline no longer working with ranged attacks, what's the justification for this? If it's considered to be too powerful getting Adrenaline on all 4 arrows of a Manyshot volley, then do the coding legwork to have Adrenaline only affect one of the arrows in the volley.
    Actually, adrenaline with MS isn't overpowered since a overload smiter get's substantially higher damage/adrenaline. What they could have done is to make it not work with IPS, then again that isn't very overpowered compared to DI.

Then again, adrenaline ms is kinda crazy broken, same as overload smiting. The sensible thing to do would be to remove the +range from adrenaline and up the numer/frequencies of uses and/or the base damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Now just fix UMD-recalc-lag
    Working on it.

Edit:
    Actually, I'm not working on it. But one of those guys over there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Working on it.

Edit:
    You do realize, this is signature quote worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Community Member

Working on it.

Edit:
    Thank you!!! This could be the greatest patch ever if that's fixed.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Thank you!!! This could be the greatest patch ever if that's fixed.
    It won't be done for this patch, since I'm asking them to do some major recoding of how UMD works behind the scenes. (Perform UMD checks only on dungeon entrance, on equip, on activate, and on rest instead of continuously.)

Community Member

It won't be done for this patch, since I'm asking them to do some major recoding of how UMD works behind the scenes. (Perform UMD checks only on dungeon entrance, on equip, on activate, and on rest instead of continuously.)
    It's still nice to see the issue being acknowledged and worked on.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Ty for information!

Is there any chance you could fix Overwhelming Force with this patch, too? The duration is bugged and only lasts 2 seconds no matter how many ranks you have in it. :\

Thank god.

About time someone at Turbine realised this way of checking UMD all the time is a gamebreaker.

Community Member

Nice!

Default Character Copy Borked?

is anyone else having issues getting the character copy at my.ddo.com/charactercopy to open and stay open. I mean I have an adblock on so I want to make sure it's not just me.

Wow! That is some significant refactoring. I'd bet they find a few nooks and crannies that haven't seen daylight in years. Best of luck with that.

Much obliged. The results and side effects of the findings should prove... interesting, I'd bet.

Um...why?

Intolerant Blow was an interesting ability to cycle in along with Intimidate in order to grab aggro of a crowd, and was rather useful on creatures that were unaffected by Intimidate, such as spiders (prevalent in the new content). Changing it to a straight threat generation bonus is both rather dull, and completely removes the previously unique functionality that it afforded.
    Intolerant Blow wasn't functioning correctly in most cases, not actually adding the threat it claimed to. We spent some time trying to get the original version working correctly. We decided to make the ability functional even if that meant making it less cool.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast