Default Celestia, Brightest Star of Day and DR Breaking

From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Rogann,

Can you please do some basic testing and let us know whether these break DR on monsters that require X material type + Good?

The question is whether the fact Celestia's material type is "Light" instead of "Admantine," "Cold Iron," "Silver," etc. allows it to bypass DR of creatures that normally require it?

A good test would be on Arratreikos in Shroud (Silver + Good) and the Lord of Blades (Admantine + Good).

Thanks.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390352

I reposted my question in this new thread in case Rogann either doesn't get around to performing the test or in case someone else can test and report back sooner.

I'm really anticipating the results.

Thanks for your time.

Has anyone tested yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Has anyone tested yet?
    Wish I could, but I've only done the raid once and got nothing
    Smash head on keyboard to continue

Community Member

I imagine it's like Flame Blade (which has no damage types other than Fire), and thus should not be subject to any DR, but have its damage increased/decreased by light resistance/vulnerability. I say should because Flame Blade's bugged in some cases, so I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia is the same. I believe that that's the intent of the devs, as well. I go look for a quote to support that.

I don't personally use it, but it has been tested on demons by a guildy of mine and is not subject to their good/cold iron DR.

Beware there are things that have light resistance though, primarily constructs, so you'll see yellow numbers on those.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Quote Originally Posted by Chette View Post
    I don't personally use it, but it has been tested on demons by a guildy of mine and is not subject to their good/cold iron DR.

Beware there are things that have light resistance though, primarily constructs, so you'll see yellow numbers on those.
    Good to know (the light resistance thing) and thanks for reporting on the demon DR.

Can anyone else verify whether Celestia bypasses most DR?

Fine ill test it!!!

Shroud portal:

Arrae 1:

Arrae 2:

Ill prob never get a LOB ss because i hate that raid. Plus apparently he has light dmg resistance, so you'll see yellow numbers if not anything.

Awesome. Thanks Rogann!

+1 for you!

Default Celestia

Celestia breaks all DR in the game even static 15/- from golems/stone prisoned enemies buuuuuuttt... It will do 0 damage to shadows and a few other lowbie enemies. I was using 2 while getting my SF faction and there was a few enemies that took 0 damage. I think it might not be flagged as magic correctly. Also light resistance lowers its damage and light vulnerability via Crown from a FvS does nothing for its main damage although the proc damage increases.

ty Rogann +1
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Willan View Post
    Celestia breaks all DR in the game even static 15/- from golems/stone prisoned enemies buuuuuuttt... It will do 0 damage to shadows and a few other lowbie enemies. I was using 2 while getting my SF faction and there was a few enemies that took 0 damage. I think it might not be flagged as magic correctly. Also light resistance lowers its damage and light vulnerability via Crown from a FvS does nothing for its main damage although the proc damage increases.
    Did you file a bug report Willan?

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Arrae 2:
    "What is love magic? Explain in two words."

wat

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Willan View Post
    Also light resistance lowers its damage and light vulnerability via Crown from a FvS does nothing for its main damage although the proc damage increases.
    So Shield of Condemnation doesn't actually increase the base damage? I heard it did.

That's a shame, then, if it doesn't. Universal DR breaking is still powerful.

Community Member

What's the damage proc and damage on the Greater Sunburst? (DDO Wiki doesnt seem to have that info)