Thread: Fred

Community Member

Default Fred

Still not working? Won't let me swap out any toughness.

Or, by the looks of it, any of the feats that weren't taken as a class feat.

Just tried to swap feat with Fred.

Only feat I can exchange is Maximize which I took at level 6. My Human Bonus, Level 1 & 3 feats are not showing on the list for exchange.

Major bummer, as I was going to swap out extend at my current level.

PS, just submitted a bug report for this but I would think it's a known issue.
    Last edited by Krumm; 09-02-2012 at 04:04 PM.

I swapped a feat on thursday. seems to be working fine to me.

FYI,

I remembered that I had a free lesser reincanate so I used it.

After the the reincarnate, Fred now lists all the feats that I've taken, where as before, he only listed feats that I took level 6 & after.

Weird bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    Just tried to swap feat with Fred.

Only feat I can exchange is Maximize which I took at level 6. My Human Bonus, Level 1 & 3 feats are not showing on the list for exchange.

Major bummer, as I was going to swap out extend at my current level.

PS, just submitted a bug report for this but I would think it's a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
    I swapped a feat on thursday. seems to be working fine FOR me.
    Fixed it for you yw

FYI,

After the the reincarnate, Fred now lists all the feats that I've taken, where as before, he only listed feats that I took level 6 & after.

Weird bug.
    you sure it's a bug? feats that are pre-reqs for other feats you've taken shouldn't appear on the list. you'd have to shed the subsequent feat(s) before the pre-req feats appear.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    you sure it's a bug? feats that are pre-reqs for other feats you've taken shouldn't appear on the list. you'd have to shed the subsequent feat(s) before the pre-req feats appear.
    toughness isnt a prereq for toughness. theres no reason i shouldnt be able to swap it out.
    even cleared all my enhancements so it wouldnt think i needed the extra toughness as a prereq for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
    I swapped a feat on thursday. seems to be working fine to me.
    FYI,

Weird bug.
    He said he wanted to swap Extend, which is not a requirement for anything.

Had you already used up your free LR at some point before last Thurs, Ninety?

By the sounds of it, this is is issue affecting people who have not yet used their free LR. I have also feat swapped a few times since the free LR was made available, but not until AFTER I had used the free LR, and never had a problem with the feat swaps.

My suggestion for anyone who is not into their epic levels yet, get the free LR out of the way even if you don't change anything at all. Leaving it hanging around to use later just causes problems by the sounds of it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dterror View Post
    He said he wanted to swap Extend, which is not a requirement for anything.

Had you already used up your free LR at some point before last Thurs, Ninety?

By the sounds of it, this is is issue affecting people who have not yet used their free LR. I have also feat swapped a few times since the free LR was made available, but not until AFTER I had used the free LR, and never had a problem with the feat swaps.

My suggestion for anyone who is not into their epic levels yet, get the free LR out of the way even if you don't change anything at all. Leaving it hanging around to use later just causes problems by the sounds of it.
    I already used my free LR - i used it before gaining any epic destiny experience because I had already heard of the bug.

bugs in this game are embarrassingly out of hand. i dont even want to TR - lord knows what will break.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranncore View Post
    toughness isnt a prereq for toughness. theres no reason i shouldnt be able to swap it out.
    even cleared all my enhancements so it wouldnt think i needed the extra toughness as a prereq for those.
    do you have toughness enhancements as well? doesn't the toughness feat open up the racial toughness enhancements?
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Community Member

do you have toughness enhancements as well? doesn't the toughness feat open up the racial toughness enhancements?
    like i said, i cleared out all my enhancements. as in i had no enhancements when i went to swap the feat.

also, i had more than 1 toughness, and i was trying to swap out 1, so it shouldnt have mattered.

Ah, everyone log on, and quest: http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Sane_Asylum

Fred must be saved at any cost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranncore View Post
    Actually, toughness (1) is a requirement for toughness (2), or at least that's how Fred views it, meaning you can only swap out the last toughess you picked up.

Normally doesn't make a difference, but it might be nice to be able to swap out toughness (1) for a diff. low level feat, and have toughness (2) automatically become (1) instead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dterror View Post
    Actually, toughness (1) is a requirement for toughness (2), or at least that's how Fred views it, meaning you can only swap out the last toughess you picked up.

Normally doesn't make a difference, but it might be nice to be able to swap out toughness (1) for a diff. low level feat, and have toughness (2) automatically become (1) instead.
    i understand that the first toughness is a prerequisite for having a second one but it doesnt explain why he wont swap either or any toughness feats on this character.

has anyone who has had a problem switching feats with fred found a workaround that enables them to utilize his services again? without having to use the free LR, which a.) i have already done so doesnt really constitute as a workaround since it didnt work for me and b.) is also bugged and puts you at risk of losing all epic destiny xp

Community Member

I'm having the same problem with a Warforged Druid. Fred is not offering the Augment summoning feat taken at first level or the Empower Spell feat taken at 12th as available for swapping.

Couldn't find it on the known issues, so put in a bug report.