Community Member

Default DC for the unguarded, locked chest in Trial by Fury?

In Trial by Fury, anyone know what the DC for the locked chest is that is unguarded and on it's own dais?

A modified roll of 71 was not high enough to open the lock on Normal, and I think 71 would open most locks in the game, especially on normal difficulty.
    Last edited by Vulgari; 09-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.

the only way i have ever seen it opened is with bells of opening.

perhaps you need to pay to win?

Hero

No you can pick it. It's upwards of 81 or 82 (or higher on harder difficulties).

It's 80 or 81, same on all difficulties.

benne^
    We're not here on a quest to rescue a man named Arlos, we're here to punish some Kobolds.

believe it's 81
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

I failed on a 80 roll and succeeded on a 84... so somewhere inbetween as above posters have indicated..
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Default Thanks for the replies

Thanks for the info.

i wouldnt say its pay to win to use a bell. their just trying to breathe life into the skills we often neglect the most. you want that extra chest with good loot. Better work on your open lock dcs.

Default No need to pay to win

The level 24 rogue hireling was able to pick that lock for me tonight, on hard...I gave him Greater Heroism and activated his Showtime clicky...it took several tries but he did it.

On a related note, would anyone be interested in the plate armor with Greater Spell Penetration IX and heavy fort that came out of that chest? These loot boost weekends are interesting.
    Sadcat // Funn // Algorithm // others
    The Order of Cygnus - Sarlona

Community Member

The DC on this was 91 or 92 (repeated fails with 90 or under and success with 92) for me, on multiple runs recently. On the other hand, exciting time for an artificer who sleepwalked through trap-school and still managed to get it.

edit: Vv weird! Repeatedly kept failing at 90. HMMM; I wonder if I mixed up the Slavers pen quest locked dc with this one. *facepalm*
    Last edited by locus; 09-18-2012 at 08:01 PM.

got it with an 83 when running it on EE tonight, failed on a 79
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Expansion brought quite alot locked Doors to the game, lot of them can be knocked by Casters. Only two standout unguarded locked chest in Trial by Fury DC 81, and one of the locked Prisoncells in the start of House Avithoul with DC 91.

All other Locked chests/doors are pretty easy to beat and are in the 40-70 range.

I actually would like to see some really high DC locked doors in Raids at some point, making it a requirement to bring sufficient groupsetup.

Lovely seeing 10 Barbs and 2 Fvs at a locked door browsing Store for a Bell

Onetrick Ponys for the Win!
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis