Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Now that I've begun to play with them, I've noticed that the DC on Energy Burst, Dragon Breath, and Energy Vortex are Charisma or Intelligence based, not Wisdom or going off of Evocation generally.

Have you found this to be a big limiting factor, especially since you either play in Draconic or Energy Burst is your major twist when in Angel? Chr or Int can't be much more than dump stats on Druids..., and even on EN and EH I see a lot of Evades.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    Now that I've begun to play with them, I've noticed that the DC on Energy Burst, Dragon Breath, and Energy Vortex are Charisma or Intelligence based, not Wisdom or going off of Evocation generally.

Have you found this to be a big limiting factor, especially since you either play in Draconic or Energy Burst is your major twist when in Angel? Chr or Int can't be much more than dump stats on Druids..., and even on EN and EH I see a lot of Evades.
    I have not found it an issue on EN or EH. I usually get big numbers from energy burst on most mobs. Archers save sometimes. However I think I get a lot of that because I do end up with a nice amount of Cha because I take it for UMD/Resurrection Scrolls.

I was going to be updating things with new gear setup since epic GH but after seeing the new enhancement system on the horizon + new expansion which includes even more new gear, level cap increase and a new epic version of reincarnation, I felt I would be wasting my time as a lot will change in a month or 2. So I decided to just work towards completionist until summer. I have 4 classes left to complete.
    Toons: Markeyx Markeyi, MarkeyKoS, MarkeyKoS-1
    Guild: Attrition

Also bear in mind that twisting energy burst will no longer be of huge importance in the new enhancement system because druids will be getting their own selection of SLAs.

I'm impressed you say don't take heighten. After leveling my caster druid, I can honestly say I couldn't live with out it.

It is only a couple +DC's, but I feel like they make all the difference. Also, the stun portion of Salt Ray (turned off max/empower) is currently my favorite evo DC CC option for single mobs. It doesn't have SR check either and I love stunning golems, what fun!

Awesome build though, I used it as a guide for my own.
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Pewf - Koeta

I don't take Heighten either. Tried it once, saw no improvement, swapped the feat.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

After U19 this is still the most viable druid caster base setup, as far as I can tell. On mine, the only major rethink is trading Toughness for Heighten. Toughness loses because of the enhancement loss; Heighten gains from the SLAs. Druids now have 6 SLAs, and of the 6, 3 are heightenable for free (and useless or nearly so without heighten, especially Call Lightning).

A few other spells can benefit from Heighten, but the SLAs I believe take it over the top. Otherwise I'd go with another Evo in place of the Toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    After U19 this is still the most viable druid caster base setup, as far as I can tell. On mine, the only major rethink is trading Toughness for Heighten. Toughness loses because of the enhancement loss; Heighten gains from the SLAs. Druids now have 6 SLAs, and of the 6, 3 are heightenable for free (and useless or nearly so without heighten, especially Call Lightning).

A few other spells can benefit from Heighten, but the SLAs I believe take it over the top. Otherwise I'd go with another Evo in place of the Toughness.
    My current druid runs:
    max wisdom and max con, leftovers into dex (nothing great otherwise)
    Human:
    maximize
    empower
    empower healing
    quicken
    highten
    enlarge (amazing with the SLA)
    PL: wizard
    spell focus evocation
    GSF evocation
    Epic spell focus evocation

lvl 26 destiny ability - toughness
    lvl 27 feet - epic toughness
    lvl 28 destiny - mass frog??

Mostly primal avatar as the primary questing destiny, been working on shariadi as a possibility as well.

I use heavy reliance on the SLA for soloing, grouping I focus on CC and dps and healing, BTW heavy use of blind is a great way to CC mobs.

Having finally TRed back into a druid and playing it upto 18, I am coming to similar conclusions as the rest of you. The foundation of the build is still solid, and druid casters on the whole are now a lot stronger now we have SLAs (good ones too). And it is these, along with the reduced benefit of toughness that has now given us a bit more variety in our feat choice. I myself could drop all the mental toughness as the extra SP is saved through SLA use. I have not decided if I will or not but I am thinking about it.

I have also taken the dragon mark of shadow to give me invis and displacement. Since only 1 feat is needed for dragonmarks now, I thought it worth checking out.

Its nice to hear what other people are upto with their feat choices. I like the idea of more evo dc feats and will think about that as well. My plan at min is to just get to 28 and wait for epic tr and then finish the last 2 lives for completionist. Then I will work on finalising my new build to take me through 2014!
    Last edited by Mark2422; 09-13-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Bump.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

Now that you have TR back into druid, could you share with us what your enhancements look like under the new system? I understand at the moment your only level 18 and far from a finish product. Any thoughts or insight would be welcomed. New player here.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by james8504 View Post
    Now that you have TR back into druid, could you share with us what your enhancements look like under the new system? I understand at the moment your only level 18 and far from a finish product. Any thoughts or insight would be welcomed. New player here.

Thanks in advance!
    I will update the OP next week to be more specific but basically I have taken most of the Seasons Herald tree and then I have taken Archanuim and the Dragon Mark enhancements from the elf tree.

Not to sure I will keep the Dragon Mark though. Its not proving as useful as I might have thought, and I think I will end up being human again for the extra feat, +1 wisdom and skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by james8504 View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Cannot edit opening post at min for some reason so will post here and update later:

Season's Herald Tree:
    Core:
    Seasoned 1/1
    Time 1/1
    Tide 1/1
    Sunburst 1/1
    Storm of Vengeance 1/1
    Hierophant 1/1
    Tier 1
    Wand and Scroll Mastery 3/3
    Beguile 3/3
    Wax and Wane 1/1
    Tier 2
    Spell Pen 3/3
    Efficient Meta Maximise 3/3
    Produce Flame 3/3
    Wax and Wane 1/1
    Tier 3
    Natures Warden 2/3
    Creeping Cold 3/3
    Wax and Wane 1/1
    Wisdom 1/1
    Tier 4
    Call Lightning 1/1
    Wax and Wane 1/1
    Wisdom 1/1
    Tier 5
    Word of Balance 1/1
    Time and Tide 1/1
    Strength of the Solstice 1/1

Natures Warrior
    Core:
    Natures warrior 1/1
    Instinctive Fighting 1/1
    Instinctive Fighting 1/1
    Instinctive Fighting 1/1
    Tier 1
    Extra Wild Empathy 3/3
    Bestial Nature 3/3
    Athletic 3/3
    Tier 2
    Hide of the Croc 3/3
    Blood Moon Frenzy 3/3
    Tier 3
    Wisdom 1/1
    Tier 4
    Wisdom 1/1

Human:
    Core Abilities:
    Human Versatility: Spell Power Boost 1/1
    Wisdom 1/1

Have added this to main post. The enhancement setups are designed to work with my new 2014 build I am currently working on but, they will work with my old build just as well. The main difference with the new build is that I will be sacrificing some SP in order to max my Evo DC so I can earthquake on EE. The build will still maintain its high heal, survivability and DPS though. The numbers I am looking at are around 60DC with around 60 wisdom. Hopefully I will be ready to publish it and bring the opening post up to date within the next month or 3.
    Last edited by Mark2422; 09-25-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark2422 View Post
    Have added this to main post. The enhancement setups are designed to work with my new 2014 build I am currently working on but, they will work with my old build just as well. The main difference with the new build is that I will be sacrificing some SP in order to max my Evo DC so I can earthquake on EE. The build will still maintain its high heal, survivability and DPS though. The numbers I am looking at are around 60DC with around 60 wisdom. Hopefully I will be ready to publish it and bring the opening post up to date within the next month or 3.
    Heya Mark you obviously know far more of casting druids than me or anyone else I know. I had a question for you. How hard do your SLAs hit for now that update 19 has been out awhile? What kind of spell power are you casting them at for the ones you regularly use? And what other spells/spell power do you consider as part of your damage core spells.

I would love to see an updated build or even a guide as to where the final build will mostly go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Heya Mark you obviously know far more of casting druids than me or anyone else I know. I had a question for you. How hard do your SLAs hit for now that update 19 has been out awhile? What kind of spell power are you casting them at for the ones you regularly use? And what other spells/spell power do you consider as part of your damage core spells.
    I cannot answer exactly as I did a druid life just to experiment with some odd things like new dragon marks and being elf. It was a free life since I was able to use the +20 stone of wood to change fighter and TR to only leave me with Monk and Paladin left to finish.

With that in mind, my call lightning was landing for around 1200 in epics and word of balance for around the same, depending on which mob it was on of course. I think flame was hitting for around 500. My spell power was only in mid 250-300 I think but dont quote me on that. In my new build I am working on, I have basically had to prioritise the spell powers in terms of what I feel I use most often and is most damaging. This is because all the elements except maybe sonic are a lot more useful than perhaps they were with the SLAs. My list or prioritise in my mind are as follows:

Positive (The higher, the more my HoTs do per tick. Theoretically the way HoTs work in any MMO is that you eventually reach a threshold where you become immune to death while the HoT is on, unless you get one shotted. Not saying this is possible in DDO but you just keep pushing towards that.)

Ice (Because the DoTs are still your biggest DPS against a single enemy and we have an Ice AOE. The more DPS it does, the quicker it dies and thus the more SP you save on more casts and healing party.)

Lightning (Call lightning is to spammable and cheap to not invest in lightning now.)

Acid (SoV is your most powerful AOE so acid is another must. Especially now we can cast it twice with its SLA counterpart. Acid and Lightning are equal for me).

Kinetic (Word of Balance is a very powerful SLA and so also needs investment in Kinetic. Kinetic also boosts creeping doom which I love as a AOE DoT. If all elements fail then Creeping Doom is what I turn to. *cough* wiz king *cough*.

Fire (I still do not lose sleep over fire as I dont play fire ele at all and thus dont use any fire spells except for flame SLA. However, I do invest some but might only be via potency. Depends on my new gear setup after the new update. Please note however, fire being down here on the list is because of my own play style and preference. I am by no means saying fire spells and fire ele is not worth bothering with. Others may be making it work well for them. I am just happy without it and so not busting a gut to fit it in.)

Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    I would love to see an updated build or even a guide as to where the final build will mostly go.
    I am looking at after the next update. This gives me time to finish my last two lives and take a look at any new named items to complete my planned gear setup.
    Last edited by Mark2422; 11-09-2013 at 04:01 AM.

any update to this build?

Community Member

I published a druid evoker build at this address:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...14#post5220614

It can solo some epic elite quests but it's a bit slow (it uses blind spells like sunbeam, earthquake, druid sla, avenging light, some shiradi procs, and energy burst to deal with mobs).

I hope that it could be of help to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    any update to this build?
    I am nearly back into epics so I am looking to publish in a couple of weeks.

New build has been published in the druid section:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-DPS-and-CC)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345