Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What gear are you running for endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    What gear are you running for endgame?
    Added to main post
    Toons: Markeyx Markeyi, MarkeyKoS, MarkeyKoS-1
    Guild: Attrition

why is dex not a dump stat? is that just so you have some reflex saves?
    DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 - DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 w/ Gr Tome of Learning
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

That and some AC from your max dex bonus.

So far, I like what I see with most of this build. I have a druid that just hit 18 that I am building as a caster druid.

The one thing I really have to gripe about is your choice of perks in the EA destiny. You say you don't have any of the top tier (epic moment) enhancements. Well, with Reborn in light, I completely understand, as it is severely bugged atm. But you totally ignored Divine Wrath?! It does ******** amounts of AoE dmg(650-3600!), AND heals (usually completely, despite how many hp your party members are missing) all party members in the blast radius. All this for 30 spell points! Druids even get spellpower enhancements (which you already have!) to light spells.
    Along with this, so that you can charge up this beast, there is Avenging Light. It's basically like Searing Light, but it hits ALOT harder, and has a (very high, as it goes off your wis modifier) save. Oh, and it costs 3 SP...

Even if you don't bother with the Judgement line, I highly suggest you play around with this in your free time. I promise it won't disappoint.
    Last edited by AegonTargaryen; 11-11-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: stray comma...
    "Greet miles of trials with smiles. It riles them that you perceive the webs they weave" -Roger Daltrey Logenn/Masticus/Tyrione/Kemosabi/Warrforgery/
    Mechanically Synergia - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by AegonTargaryen View Post
    So far, I like what I see with most of this build. I have a druid that just hit 18 that I am building as a caster druid.

The one thing I really have to gripe about is your choice of perks in the EA destiny. You say you don't have any of the top tier (epic moment) enhancements. Well, with Reborn in light, I completely understand, as it is severely bugged atm. But you totally ignored Divine Wrath?! It does ******** amounts of AoE dmg(650-3600!), AND heals (usually completely, despite how many hp your party members are missing) all party members in the blast radius. All this for 30 spell points! Druids even get spellpower enhancements (which you already have!) to light spells.
    Along with this, so that you can charge up this beast, there is Avenging Light. It's basically like Searing Light, but it hits ALOT harder, and has a (very high, as it goes off your wis modifier) save. Oh, and it costs 3 SP...

Even if you don't bother with the Judgement line, I highly suggest you play around with this in your free time. I promise it won't disappoint.
    I will take another look at it when I get back into game. I will say that 90% of the time I found myself in draconic anyway. It was only heavy healing raids where I would switch to Exalted.

I just recently started playing my druid again, and I am having a blast.

You forgot to mention the salt spray spell. I use it un-metad, and it stuns drow casters easily for 10 sp. Fort save, no spell pen.

The dire bear form with rising fury is good to use also when surrounded. You get a lot of dr and +10 to str and con very quickly. The big thing is the con, since it increases hp substantially.

Greater creeping cold is a fire and forget spell against most things. If not, then Fluffy will finish it off.

I didn't know that vigor stacked with regen. I will have to try that out. Thanks for the info.

It really does surprise me how many people say that Druids are not a healer. Personally, I don't think they are playing the class right, but oh well. Each to their own.
    Jyn... Kender... Thelanis

*Insert clever comment here*

Community Member

Just a bump to get an opinion on the Primal Avatar ED? I hear a lot of "eh" about most of it, but.. free sp from the spirit mechanic, and.. more druid caster levels can't be THAT bad..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubil View Post
    Just a bump to get an opinion on the Primal Avatar ED? I hear a lot of "eh" about most of it, but.. free sp from the spirit mechanic, and.. more druid caster levels can't be THAT bad..
    Difficult to make a proper analysis to be honest. Half of the Primal Avatar abilities are bugged currently and while I can't speak for others I won't use certain abilities due to the bugs.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

1: Insidious Spores could potentially be useful but I won't use it because currently it affects party members.

2: Friends of Nature currently buffs mobs as well as party members.

3: Summer Smoke sometimes procs on party members (I killed a guildie with this somehow during an eChrono, at least that's what his combat log said).

4: Summon Dryad Elder heals mobs as well as itself.

There are probably others I'm forgetting but with bugs like these it's very difficult to say whether the destiny is actually useful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubil View Post
    I'm currently out of game until Christmas so cannot comment on P.A until then.

I like this build, and let's face it there aren't many druid caster builds to choose from.

But I did notice in feats, Quicken but not Heighten? I take Heighten on every caster I run, why isn't it recommended here? Is it because the best druid spells are high level anyway so the greater benefit from Heighten isn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    I like this build, and let's face it there aren't many druid caster builds to choose from.

But I did notice in feats, Quicken but not Heighten? I take Heighten on every caster I run, why isn't it recommended here? Is it because the best druid spells are high level anyway so the greater benefit from Heighten isn't there?
    Yeah pretty much. I have always had heighten but the only spell it made a real difference to for me was FoD. And as I wont spec necro DC just for one spell I didnt want to spend the feat on it either.

Community Member

You still playing this game noobsauce? What server are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    You still playing this game noobsauce? What server are you on?
    hmmm and who might this be?? lol. Yeah im still playing, we are on Ghallanda.

Hi Markeyx, i saw you the other day on Ghallanda and i believe you TRed (Markeyx wasn't a druid in any case). are you still happy with this build? my biggest fear on spending 4.3 million xp on it is that it's not quite an arcane and not quite a divine and i get in trouble.

it is still next on my TR list though

Refutor
    Last edited by painkiller3; 12-28-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    Hi Markeyx, i saw you the other day on Ghallanda and i believe you TRed (Markeyx wasn't a druid in any case). are you still happy with this build? my biggest fear on spending 4.3 million xp on it is that it's not quite an arcane and not quite a divine and i get in trouble.

it is still next on my TR list though

Refutor
    Your right, I wasnt a druid lol. But, I am so happy with the druid, that I have just put 3 lives of sorc onto it. I am TR'ing back to druid at this very moment ;-)

I do understand what you say. I see my druid as being half way between arcane and divine. I wouldnt say I am a better healer than a FvS or a Cleric. But I am more then equal. All three are very different now. FvS is a big burst and spot range healer. Clerics are Burst and Spot healers with there one HoT. But have to be a lot closer to the melee and thus at greater risk of taking damage. (this I do not like as I see it as I am risking my life by being on the front line? The healers life is the most important of any party member and I shouldnt be putting my life at risk) And the druids are HoT and Spot healers. Each has different strengths and weakness.

As for the arcane side, you wont out dc a Wizzie. No body will because Wizzies are supposed to be the king of DC. And you wont out nuke a Sorc, because the Sorc is the king of Nuke. But neither of these can out AoE a druid because druids are the kings of AoE. Add earthquake and (imo) better doT's, you are bringing just as much value to a party as the other arcanes. But you bring the divine to so how can anyone argue.
    Last edited by Mark2422; 12-28-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Community Member

Just want to say that Enlarge is awesome and completely underrated. I use it on my wizard and it rocks. Being able to snipe with insta kills from a range where you wont pull aggro is great. Also being able to keep up dots on enemy red named casters while staying far out of distance so they cant put divine punishment on me is also great.
    Thelanis - Active Toons -> Gyversix, Lootforge, Reyvhin, Darkmeat, Yukka, Raypac

Leader of Solid

Updated destinies section and added primal avatar thoughts.

Thanks again for this thread. Mine is level 18 now and I am worried. It basically has to act like a sorc with half the SP a sorc has. The healing so far has been an asterisk (as in Kind of Like A Sorc* [*=some healing]).

I was wondering how you deal with the SP problem. Sorcs themselves milk the SP pool with heavy use of SLAs, which a druid doesn't have. Also missing is even one nuke (a sorc never kills with ice storm when ottoluke's will do), and even one ray (sorely miss frost lance/niacs/polar ray for single target blasting). Have tried to use Call Lightning as a single target blast but it has limitations, not least of which is that it is neither fire nor cold.

I'm also afraid that the SP problem alone will force me toward one of the Wild desinties instead of the Magical desinties, which seems like at least a missed opportunity. I had also been leaning toward the idea that Draconic would be main.

But you're right that the DoTs are bad-*ssed. So I've found on more difficult content I'm using DoTs on trash. I dunno how that's going to hold up over time....

So, I guess I'm fishing for words of encouragement.

Edit: It looks like you cover the SP problem with Exalted Angel. I guess I never thought that destiny was sexy enough so my eyes always glazed over on that paragraph. Will give it a closer look.
    Last edited by arminius; 01-01-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark2422 View Post
    Your right, I wasnt a druid lol. But, I am so happy with the druid, that I have just put 3 lives of sorc onto it. I am TR'ing back to druid at this very moment ;-)

I do understand what you say. I see my druid as being half way between arcane and divine. I wouldnt say I am a better healer than a FvS or a Cleric. But I am more then equal. All three are very different now. FvS is a big burst and spot range healer. Clerics are Burst and Spot healers with there one HoT. But have to be a lot closer to the melee and thus at greater risk of taking damage. (this I do not like as I see it as I am risking my life by being on the front line? The healers life is the most important of any party member and I shouldnt be putting my life at risk) And the druids are HoT and Spot healers. Each has different strengths and weakness.

As for the arcane side, you wont out dc a Wizzie. No body will because Wizzies are supposed to be the king of DC. And you wont out nuke a Sorc, because the Sorc is the king of Nuke. But neither of these can out AoE a druid because druids are the kings of AoE. Add earthquake and (imo) better doT's, you are bringing just as much value to a party as the other arcanes. But you bring the divine to so how can anyone argue.
    thanks for the feedback! if worst comes to worst i just TR and try out the flame blade as a past life on a cleric

Refutor

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast