Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

LOLO oh man this thread is priceless. The perfect example of the poor attitude found within the power gamer community who nearly killed DDO.

This may surprise you but most people do not invest more then an hour or two a night at most into their game. These same people are usually the hard working adults who pay to keep this game going. Back when only maybe 5% of the entire player base composed of hard core players who devoted more time then is healthy to a game, and who had spent years at each stagnant level range grinding out all the best gear, that when the next increase came all they could do was crush it and bemoan how no challenge exists worthy of their leetness.

You want challenge, stop exploiting the system and making no fail uber min maxxed groups. Try PD. Dont tell others that they are somehow inferior to you because they enjoy the game differently. In the end all of your virtual accomplishments mean nothing, and one day DDO will be **** down, along with its forums, and no one will care one whit about what your raid completions where. That is the simple truth.

No content that takes dev time can be made to exclude the majority in favor of a minority. Power gaming elitists never had nor where meant to have a place in DDO. it was a shallow content unfinished game at launch and was always more enjoyable when not over played. Many bigger deeper MMO existed back then and still do today for that kind of mentality.

The issue OP has always been you and those like you being what we call wowtards in the general MMO community, people trying to take WoWs hard core raiding play style and bringing it to other games it has no place in any more then the holy trinity.

Not one of you wannabes would last an hour at a real table top game sad but true. Your behavior alone would justify rolls on the DM uppity player smackdown chart located on the game masters shield. That is what you types here will never get, D&D has no use, place nor want for those who put numbers and optimization above character and good civil social skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    This may surprise you but most people do not invest more then an hour or two a night at most into their game. These same people are usually the hard working adults who pay to keep this game going.
    Hate to break it to you but out of all the "hardcore" I have run with over the years all of them have been adults. The vast majority with jobs and many with families. DDO doesn't have a very large population of kids in the endgame at least on Cannith I can't speak for the lower servers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ya, for hardcore end game players that are actually good and kids i think there is only 1 on our server and most of us all know him cus hes so uberly fail
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyburns View Post
    Ya, for hardcore end game players that are actually good and kids i think there is only 1 on our server and most of us all know him cus hes so uberly fail
    I resent this comment. I AM NOT A KID! SHUT UP! YOU ARE NOT MY REAL MOM!

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    I resent this comment. I AM NOT A KID! SHUT UP! YOU ARE NOT MY REAL MOM!
    I dont think anyone knows who you are...
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member

I dont think anyone knows who you are...
    So I need to be popular first to make a joke out of these parts?

So I need to be popular first to make a joke out of these parts?
    You figured it out! Clap Clap

Community Member

Thumbs up

You figured it out! Clap Clap
    You must be fun at parties.

You must be fun at parties.
    I Am!
    Last edited by Kennyburns; 09-24-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Don't make me put the remote in the wall safe...I don't care if it's shark week.

Community Member

You admire this guy. Wanting him to be more like you while holding your hand patting you on the back saying "dude you rock!" "i use your screenies as wallpapers not toiletpapers" while hitting your lfms. What makes you think you can persuade this guy to admire you when you for the better part of 2 years have made it a quest to mock and by abusive means harass this guy into submission of the "cannith hardcore elitist" ways?

Pyreal af Templar

Community Member

Okies, did EE Into the Deeps with friends and 2 pug (I never met them before!) then shortmen an EE Tide turns yesterday. Can't understand what's the problem with endgame, both quests was smooth, 0 death, but nothing shiny as well (do the 2 Jidz Tet'ka scrolls count? ). Maybe these quests are not so challenging, so which epic elite quests are the hardest, where those casual players like me should fail badly? Give me your top 5!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yalina View Post
    Okies, did EE Into the Deeps with friends and 2 pug (I never met them before!) then shortmen an EE Tide turns yesterday. Can't understand what's the problem with endgame, both quests was smooth, 0 death, but nothing shiny as well (do the 2 Jidz Tet'ka scrolls count? ). Maybe these quests are not so challenging, so which epic elite quests are the hardest, where those casual players like me should fail badly? Give me your top 5!!
    My top 5 (No raids):
    1) Belly of the Beast
    2) Reclaiming the Rift
    3) Chins of Flame
    4) Hmm I think thats all.. rest is quite easy..
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 17th: 9drd/9mnk/2ftr - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 3rd life 16wiz/2mnk/2fvs .......Seljuck 3rd life 20pal

Community Member

Definitely Belly of the Beast. Bring pots and scrolls.

Battle for Eveningstar was a bit of a surprise for me as well. Mostly in terms of the difficulty level being higher than I had anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    My top 5 (No raids):
    1) Belly of the Beast
    2) Reclaiming the Rift
    3) Chins of Flame
    4) Hmm I think thats all.. rest is quite easy..

Community Member

Default well well

before motu i did find epics boring, usually they were done with exploit, or skipping huge chunks of those + using cheesy tactics like hold + pickaxe....

after motu i actually find the end game quite fun, and i run EN and EH... and i really have quite huge fun doing that...
    so, really... 95% ddo population is made of normal players, and is having load of fun...

at this point... do epic elite only, and if you still find it too easy, just go play a korean game...

Talking

Offtopic:

Low Level Cannithers! Take this: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=394320 !!!

Awesomesauce.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    after motu i actually find the end game quite fun, and i run EN and EH... and i really have quite huge fun doing that...
    so, really... 95% ddo population is made of normal players, and is having load of fun...
    EH and EN aren't end game. They're E-Boring to most of us who enjoyed the endgame pre-MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    before motu i did find epics boring, usually they were done with exploit, or skipping huge chunks of those + using cheesy tactics like hold + pickaxe....

at this point... do epic elite only, and if you still find it too easy, just go play a korean game...
    I think excatly the opposite. I really enjoyed the epics and the game at all before u14. I'm not saying it's that bad actually, but when someone ask me about ddo, i really recommend to not play. I wouldn't be more happy if i log tomorrow and find the game exctaly as it was at u13 point, for me that was the peak of ddo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dingleburr View Post
    Definitely Belly of the Beast. Bring pots and scrolls.

Battle for Eveningstar was a bit of a surprise for me as well. Mostly in terms of the difficulty level being higher than I had anticipated.
    Meh. Heard tales of the difficulty of Belly and my guildy needed it on EE. Pure pug other than myself and said guildy. A hjealer hit the lfm so I swapped over to my 3rd life Wiz who is Magister 5 but otherwise has 0 twists / EDs farmed. He is not an uber completionist since I long ago lost all interest in playing the arcane classes. His gear has not changed in over 1.5 years. Everything new is so 'meh' for him. We had no dedicated tank and no min/max dps characters in the group.
    Easy completion, 0 deaths, 0 pots... The healer did a good job and we worked together. Don't believe everything you read people!
    Greebles - 20 Wiz WF, Kyarane - 20 Paladin Human, Shandria - 18 Pal / 2 Mnk Human, Grinhold - 20 FvS helf: Cannith

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345