Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Exclamation Critical Problem: Endgame Cannithers Level is VERY Low

Hello all,

It's been a while now MotU is out and i'm starting to think that probably Cannith is one of the worst servers to be on endgame-wise. I'm a very intense pugger and i usually like to play in other parties as well other than my guild. The reason of my feeling is simple: the level of the people who run endgame is very low. There are lots of motivation to it:

People likes to run Epic Normal / Epic Hard content.
    People haven't often good Pastlives.
    People haven't exped enough Fate Points.
    People have poor skills in knowing what equipment to farm so they usually have bad equipment.
    People are not skilled enough, they want to do hard things and let few others robust player to do their work.
    Healers level is dropping steadly: a lot of healers nowdays forgot how to heal properly.
    Tanks do 0 DPS and often they are just HP cans doing nothing.
    Melees are usually squishie, either poor HPs or poor defenses or both and realy heavly on Healers for support.
    Casters tends often to be unable to Crowd Control Epic Elite content and too much self confident.
    People likes to run old content more than faerun content.
    Epic Elite is often a taboo except for few circle of players who run them regularly.

There are lots of reason more i cannot come up right now while writing but these should give you an idea of how bad is the situation on our server right now. People should start to self-criticize and put theirselves to test. Else we won't ever run Epic Elite Lob, Epic Elite Caught in the Web and see Epic Elite Vons and DQ as we did Epics before MotU. Epic Elite is not that hard with a good party but everyone has to do their job at the best of their possibilities. STOP running in circles there's Epic Elite button just on the right of your favourite Epic Hard Difficult and people should build characters toward that level of endgame.

Best Regards,
    Zerkul.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Default Risk/Reward

Title says it all.

Risk:
    Wait an hour for an EE raid to fill, 15 mins getting to raid, resources (scrolls/pots/time) spent and high risk of fail.

Reward: 0.001% chance of nicer loot than EH. Bragging rights.

I'm not condoning the lack of EE content being played, I'm pointing out why.

Once I get my completionist back I'll happily try pugging EE content (only got the new packs today!).

Good luck convincing the server!
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BuyTiles View Post
    Title says it all.

Risk:
    Wait an hour for an EE raid to fill, 15 mins getting to raid, resources (scrolls/pots/time) spent and high risk of fail.

Reward: 0.001% chance of nicer loot than EH. Bragging rights.

I'm not condoning the lack of EE content being played, I'm pointing out why.

Once I get my completionist back I'll happily try pugging EE content (only got the new packs today!).

Good luck convincing the server!
    That's not how I see it. It usually goes more like this:

Risk: Spending a few resources, like potions and scrolls.
    Reward: A game that is actually fun to play.

A failed interesting run is a more fun way to spend my time than a guaranteed boring completion.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Default Elitist jerk.

1. Don't tell me how to play
    2. Don't tell me I'm not good enough
    3. You're a big meanie-head elitist jerk who obviously has no life, which would explain why your toons/gear/knowledge of the game is better than mine
    4. You should teach other people how to be good at the game instead of criticising them
    5. Stop trying to teach me how to play the game, I don't want to learn because I know it all after 5mins of play
    6. I play the game for enjoyment, not for end game
    7. I play the game for end game but no1 else does, so I'll cave and just run EN/EH content instead.
    8. Yes, I see that EE quest being posted, but it'll never fill. So I'll just stand around on my airship, staring at the LFM panel until it does eventually fill, then I might hit up the last spot

That about sums up the mindset of Cannith...

9. Almost forgot: If you don't like it, why don't you move to an elitist-jerk server? <_<

Soaked/Soaking/Zecks/Zeckshealer - Cannith
    Soaked's build

Quote Originally Posted by freekay View Post
    1. Don't tell me how to play
    2. Don't tell me I'm not good enough
    3. You're a big meanie-head elitist jerk who obviously has no life, which would explain why your toons/gear/knowledge of the game is better than mine
    4. You should teach other people how to be good at the game instead of criticising them
    5. Stop trying to teach me how to play the game, I don't want to learn because I know it all after 5mins of play
    6. I play the game for enjoyment, not for end game
    7. I play the game for end game but no1 else does, so I'll cave and just run EN/EH content instead.
    8. Yes, I see that EE quest being posted, but it'll never fill. So I'll just stand around on my airship, staring at the LFM panel until it does eventually fill, then I might hit up the last spot

That about sums up the mindset of Cannith...

9. Almost forgot: If you don't like it, why don't you move to an elitist-jerk server? <_<
    In regards to #9...we are already there

Most of the good players on cannith seem to be TRing and grinding out past lives
    Most of the bads of cannith try to TR and get to lvl 14 and stop
    Or they run into epic elite they are dead 100 times and figure out they aren't good enough for epic elite and dont try to be good enough for it
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member

There is just little to do at the 'end-game'. Grinding TR exp or grinding destiny exp. Many people have simply moved on out of boredom and/or not wanting to get into the generic MMO power creep future DDO has. I am personally waiting for the Neverwinter MMO. If I am going to play a game that is a generic MMO that draws only limited amounts from D&D, I would rather it be more active and fun than DDO with the focus more on adventures and player generated content than grinding.
    Denorn - Megaden - Denorc - Denarn - Yalan - Yalana - Yalann
    Cannith

Community Member

Argo is sorta like this, there is rarely pugs for Epic Elites unless they are filled through channels and guild only. The only real Epic Elites I see up are for people trying to get PDk favor, I myself though am just starting to do epic elites with the guild and will soon be pugging raids for it most likely. I have to agree though that some people don't run epic elite because they are scared for resources, but the fact is for endgame players, epic hard and epic normal are terribly boring. Yet they are the only things that I see being run. I'm not sure why people like running boring content instead of at least running a challenging quest, beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalann View Post
    If I am going to play a game that is a generic MMO that draws only limited amounts from D&D, I would rather it be more active and fun than DDO with the focus more on adventures and player generated content than grinding.
    This.

Once in a while I risk a look at the game I spent 3 years playing and got emotionaly invested to... so here I am.

My idea of D&D doesnt involve Elminster voyering the lolth twins and I cant fathom myself fighting lolth .... with lasers.... gasp...

Theres plenty of games in the market that update faster and offer more fun than this one. I am tired to pretend I am having fun just because this copycat company still has the rights over the D&D brand.

Anyway, thanks to be a friendly shoulder leo. I hope you get whathever you seek.

Community Member

The end game of ddo died with motu.
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

Completing a challenging (or EE in that sense) quest requires gear, build, knowlege, skill and motivation.

Gear, build, and knowlege takes time to acquire. I think quite some people are still in the process.

75% of skill imo is covered by the 3 factors above; the rest 25% you either have or have not.

As for motivation, the lack of incentive lootwise is certainly obvious. However speaking of motivation to group up and cooperate, some veteran players (a few active and quite some inactive) have some responsibility for the dying pug potential of Cannith due to their attitude toward pugging... mistrust, disdain, condescension and a severe lack of communication other than insults and swears.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnind View Post
    The end game of ddo died with motu.
    Hey Uri, I'm still waiting for your post where you solo EE Devil Assault on a barbarian, come back, and make it happen!

For the OP:

PUG = Epic norm/hard for me. If I wanna do Elite, I grab some friends / guildies.

Community Member balforofthenis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yalann View Post
    There is just little to do at the 'end-game'. Grinding TR exp or grinding destiny exp. Many people have simply moved on out of boredom and/or not wanting to get into the generic MMO power creep future DDO has. I am personally waiting for the Neverwinter MMO. If I am going to play a game that is a generic MMO that draws only limited amounts from D&D, I would rather it be more active and fun than DDO with the focus more on adventures and player generated content than grinding.
    Couldn't have said it better myself Den. Hey btw
    Nazul ~ Nazath ~ Warchanter ~ Lorrad
    Nazty ~ Tiberiaz ~ Nazsinger ~ Naztee
    ~ Cannith Server ~

Default Negative Reputation

I'm shifting to the Dark Side of DDO Forums my neg rep count is increasing ... Too bad that i disabled the Reputation System.

Anyway, i have to agree with you guys all that Epic Elites rewards are not so great and those can use a bump because if there's not good reward people won't run Elites ... But really some Epic Elites with a good party are that easy that the risk you're talking about it's very very low. Just few Epic Elites are really hard like CitW, In the Belly of the Beast and LOB and for those i got no reason to run them elite if not for pure challenge.

I'll say something even more bad for you all guys. IF a chest i want to farm it's ransackable and after ransack i need to wait 1 week ... i prefer to have that slight increase in drop rate in Elite even if that means each runs takes x2 time of an epic hard run. I will just need few days of farm then relax for the rest of the week: guess how i made so fast Greendragonscale robe.
    Last edited by Zerkul; 09-01-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Hey Ryu, Den, Naz, Uri!

This game no longer presents challenges. Sure you can make your own challenges, like Uri did with the melee EE solos, but that only lasts what; a month, a week? The newest raid feels like a localized explorer area. There's no tactics to it, you just go in and kill and 30 minutes later open chests. Of those items that result you have to squint your eyes just to see a use for them (trust me I tried), but still you can justify not even bothering with the raid for 99% of the gear situations. It was conquered in a matter of hours not including the many bugged instances. Following LoB, this raid left an ever bad taste in my mouth.

No challenge, no fun. No reward, why bother risking a fail?

DDO continues to tailor to the casual gamer, even extending this into the endgame with the now beyond easy epics. I would hope Turbine could remember what happened when SWTOR abandoned their endgame players a few months back.

I'll be back when there's a reason to log on, or I'll see you guys in Neverwinter.
    Last edited by Alkindus; 09-01-2012 at 11:26 PM.
    Children / Zeya / Tyremus / Inspiring

Community Member

This is all Agord's fault...

With the additions of both Monster Manuals and the ED, along with the massive changes to ac/absorption, one could assume that DDO is posturing itself for some form of pvp system.. That being said, there's still quite a bit more 'posturing' that is necessary before they make that plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    With the additions of both Monster Manuals and the ED, along with the massive changes to ac/absorption, one could assume that DDO is posturing itself for some form of pvp system.. That being said, there's still quite a bit more 'posturing' that is necessary before they make that plunge.
    I doubt that still. Damaging spells are still insanely unbalanced toward casters. Wizards and Sorcerers are not exactly glass cannons like other games that do not have this much character customization.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Am back in China with weird playtimes so would rather TR a bit, at least I can do that solo without relying on noobs that ask for way to EE and then scream hjeal meh!

Endgame is not particularly exciting for me to be honest anyway.

I bet if the endgame would stop being changed with each and every update, people would find it more appealing since their time wouldn't be a total waste. :/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast