Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    If Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson knocked on Uriziems door desperate for action, but with the condition that it was purely casual...

...he would decline them.
    Absolutely off topic but... Halle Berry?? come on, u can do it better!

IT: I agree with everyone.
    Elceleb, Viandante, Elnuch. Proud Officer of Ordo Draconis - Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Elceleb View Post
    Absolutely off topic but... Halle Berry?? come on, u can do it better!

IT: I agree with everyone.
    Pshhh I don't know his taste in women, I tried to include a bit of something for everyone

Community Member

I like Halle Berry
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Pshhh I don't know his taste in women, I tried to include a bit of something for everyone
    Coulda done something like Miley Cyrus or Farrah Fawcett to also cover the age group

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    Coulda done something like Miley Cyrus or Farrah Fawcett to also cover the age group
    I would have went with Season-2-Buck-Rogers Erin Grey, but same era I guess.

I left about a year ago. It looks like I did the right thing by leaving in the end, as it doesn't look like things have gotten better on Cannith. What a shame too, since I made quite a bit of progress on that server. Maybe they'll merge the servers, who knows?
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

The only reward for logging on and running Epic Elites is fun, which is enough reason for me to do them BUT not for most others it would seem.

You have to consider that most of the game that isn't played simply for the enjoyment of doing so is pure grinding. That being grinding past lives, epic destinies, gear, 20th completions etc. if these people your talking about are just logging on trying to get more "stuff" then they have no incentive currently at all to do so on E elite as by doing E hard, E norm they get the same loots, so why bother.

Frankly I'm glad that Turbine has made a difficulty that Joe Noob who just crawled out of the wreckage on a beach on Korthos island has no prayer of a chance in completing. Epic Elite is for the leet as it should be.

People try so hard to get into the 1% and now are upset that the 99% arent good enough to play with them QQ

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

Halle Berry is pretty.

Angelina Jolie is a nice person.

But Scarlet Johansen is both ugly and an unpleasant person.
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    The only reward for logging on and running Epic Elites is fun, which is enough reason for me to do them BUT not for most others it would seem.

You have to consider that most of the game that isn't played simply for the enjoyment of doing so is pure grinding. That being grinding past lives, epic destinies, gear, 20th completions etc. if these people your talking about are just logging on trying to get more "stuff" then they have no incentive currently at all to do so on E elite as by doing E hard, E norm they get the same loots, so why bother.

Frankly I'm glad that Turbine has made a difficulty that Joe Noob who just crawled out of the wreckage on a beach on Korthos island has no prayer of a chance in completing. Epic Elite is for the leet as it should be.

People try so hard to get into the 1% and now are upset that the 99% arent good enough to play with them QQ
    +1 Well said!

And those that love to play for hours and get no-where because 'it's a challenge therefore it's fun', I've noticed it's those people that cry and moan the most when it fails and lay the blame on everyone but themselves.

To each their own I guess.

Really try to explain to someone who has 2 hours to spend playing that they're going to consume resources they can't easily replace, get no loot and make no progress in the game that it's great and fun..you've got some hard work cut out for you.

I don't think it limited to Cannith more linked to peoples time and risk/reward criteria.
    Pipot, Officer of Loot, Cannith.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

it could be worse ... take a look at the wayfinder server ... less than 50 toons online every time i stop by there and recently not more than 2 lfm's. try to get a group going there for EE content ^^. so cannith might not be to bad after all :-)

You need to recheck Wayfinder. While yes it is quiet and takes some ability to run quests solo there. It does have many times more than just 50 online.

I have seen more often daily more than 30+ on over lvl 20.

All servers are what you make of them. Make things happen an MMO is not meant to just have people on at your beck and call as you see fit.

If you seek you shall find on all servers that which you need.

Default userchat the solution?

Could there possibly be a userchat channel for running epic elites? hell, you could probably just ask people in cannithtrade, but i'm trying not to dilute the trades even more so in there. that way if you want to run a quest epic elite you can do so to only the others up to the challenge. i have a feeling this a terrible idea seeing how cannithtrade could use with a title update to cannithdrama, but what the hell just throwing it out there.

Oh yeah and if my idea is used, 2 requests:

1.) Don't be deadweight and join in on runs just because you have one awesome toon, rate your own goddamn guys its not that hard- compare them to other toons on the server of the same class.

2.) Keep ******baggery far from this channel! No matter what problems you have with other people using this channel, duke em out in cannithtrade.

As I stated earlier and am going to state again, this very well may be a terrible idea, it's just a thought.
    Cannith: Gurei - Kinkaku - Xier - Biggorox - Slenderbot - Lrrrr (RULER OF THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8!)

Community Member

Such a channel exists: /joinchannel JungleLawRulezAgordDroolz

See yall around!

Community Member

For me, EE pugs are a huge risk simply because I don't have the past lives/equipment/game skills to be able to 'carry' a run when everything heads south due to mistakes, bad decisions, buggy critters, etc.. I like to think I do contribute (ha! Does this put me in your fourth category?), but turning things around is currently beyond my ability.

At any rate, all too often, EE pugs turn into mana potion/scroll-burning fests when there is really no reason why they should have to be. Sometimes this is obvious early on in a quest, so you have time to make an excuse and sneak off. Other times the group is borderline, and you manage to limp all the way to the final boss after much resource investment (at which point you wipe in an excruciating fashion). Yes, plat is still a somewhat limited resource for me, and yes, mana pots don't exactly flow in a river out of my bank. Consequently, I prefer to reserve my resources for challenges that are a) approached with at least some sense of care and forethought, and b) are a bit of a thrill when you do finally manage to succeed.

That said, I don't really have trouble finding folks who're willing to give EE a good shot. I'd suggest getting one or two friends and pugging out the rest of the spots as a way to get to know other players/potential future running mates for newer raids.

P.S. Ryu: I think Phayth is aiming for elite Caught. Might want to give him a prod to see when he plans to do it, if he hasn't already completed.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

I have no idea what all this new stuff is! My computers broke and I am in transit, and busy in real life. My toons are all lame level 20’s still ha-ha! I need to play a bit some point and level…of course then folks will not want to group with me because of my n00b status
    Gilcongain – Cleric 18/Wizard 1/Fighter 1 {PL – 5: RNG/FTR/BRB/PAL/MNK}; Gilconchrist – Favored Soul 20; Gilforged – Wizard 20 {PL – 5: BRB x3/WIZ x2}; Gilconficer – Artificer 20 {PL – 3: RNG x3}; A Tribe Called Zerg ~ Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by itraylor View Post
    I have no idea what all this new stuff is! My computers broke and I am in transit, and busy in real life. My toons are all lame level 20’s still ha-ha! I need to play a bit some point and level…of course then folks will not want to group with me because of my n00b status

Your computer is ALWAYS broken Gil! Wait .... I just figure it out.

You must be this guy!

Goddess! You know it baybee.

Nissha - Chanteuse - Zealotry - Zealot - Zeal
    Leader, High Rollers (Cannith)

Well my laptop got hosed up like 2 years ago. I sent it back to the shop twice and apparently they never really fixed it. I got a very pricey desktop and within months the motherboard took a ****. I did not have time to fix it in Europe and now that I am back in the states I have simply been too busy to handle it. I should make it a priority this weekend
    Gilcongain – Cleric 18/Wizard 1/Fighter 1 {PL – 5: RNG/FTR/BRB/PAL/MNK}; Gilconchrist – Favored Soul 20; Gilforged – Wizard 20 {PL – 5: BRB x3/WIZ x2}; Gilconficer – Artificer 20 {PL – 3: RNG x3}; A Tribe Called Zerg ~ Cannith

Community Member

who is this gil you speak of? XD

its only lotusfly dualboxing on forum

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by loren9109 View Post
    Completing a challenging (or EE in that sense) quest requires gear, build, knowlege, skill and motivation.

Gear, build, and knowlege takes time to acquire. I think quite some people are still in the process.

75% of skill imo is covered by the 3 factors above; the rest 25% you either have or have not.

As for motivation, the lack of incentive lootwise is certainly obvious. However speaking of motivation to group up and cooperate, some veteran players (a few active and quite some inactive) have some responsibility for the dying pug potential of Cannith due to their attitude toward pugging... mistrust, disdain, condescension and a severe lack of communication other than insults and swears.
    I agree with this.

Pyreal af Templar

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast