Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yokido View Post
    I bet if the endgame would stop being changed with each and every update, people would find it more appealing since their time wouldn't be a total waste. :/
    Says the guy who ragequit publicly on the forums because LOB was released and made his greensteel "obselete".

(Obselete is in quotes because alchemicals in no way made greensteel obselete.)

You can't expect anyone to take anything you say on this topic seriously, can you?

To be blunt, the game needs more endgame content that doesn't suck.

Community Member

Default End game

End game ended.....how ironic

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnind View Post
    The end game of ddo died with motu.
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    A failed interesting run is a more fun way to spend my time than a guaranteed boring completion.
    This.... I don't understand people who don't like to wipe.

A failed run is not a wipe. A failed run is a boring run.

This is just a video game. People talk about risk/reward, but the only reward is more video game stuff.... and if you're not going to challenge yourself, at least on occasion, what exactly is that stuff for?

And to the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    People haven't often good Pastlives.
    People haven't exped enough Fate Points.
    This is probably the bulk of the issue. Cannith is a newer server, and thus the average experience is lower. (This is less of an issue than in years past.) But it also seems a pretty casual server. There are advantages to that, but it means there are far more players that play less than 20 hours a week than 40. If you are only going ton run with people with enough XP grinded, you'll seriously limit who you'll run with.

Now, I also know your not as picky as this makes you out to be, as we ran the Eveningstar Forest chain on elite not that long ago. Yeah, I do have one past life, but I don't have the Fate Points I want (in order to twist renew) and was healing you guys as a GMoF.

Of course... for a healer, you don't need any of that stuff. Decent reflexes and awareness, a couple of stacks of heal scrolls, and some real spells to toss while scrolls are on cooldown and you're good to go. But I don't think the other roles are vastly different either, assuming the party is using good tactics.

It will be much easier to get other people to run EE if you can break them of the mindset that they need all the shinies (both gear and XP based) to do so. And of course, one way to do that, is to stop considering a wipe a "failed run", and instead consider it a learning opportunity. Of course, there is still a minimum of gear necessary, but I think it is less than it is made out to be.

I do think I'm somewhat part of the problem. I certainly don't run EE most of the time. But for me, its a time thing. I don't often have the time available to challenge myself, and even less so with PuGs because the time is more variable. And I'll also often be multitasking a bit, which is far easier when afk does not equal death. But when I do have the time, I'll try to pug EE more than I have been.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Lately ... I log in ... look at the LFM panel ... see a normal shroud listed ... see no guildies on other than the serial TRers ... and log off and play Counter Strike GO or DayZ.

Giving players Epic choices (easy mode or hard) has killed the game as most players are lazy it would seem.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

Community Member AestorTheKnight's Avatar

100% Agree with Ryumajin :-)

Also completely agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    Risk: Spending a few resources, like potions and scrolls.
    Reward: A game that is actually fun to play.

A failed interesting run is a more fun way to spend my time than a guaranteed boring completion.
    Celduin / Arqa here.
    So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Cannith: Arqa - Celduin - Gnossos - and others.

It's not just Khyber.
    I am a lost wandering soul

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999
    Can the monkies who program this game get anything write?

@Mech

You jelly bro?

If the ingredients were too easy to get, they very well could replace the majority of greensteel goods.. On the other side of that though, is if it's so difficult to get that it's not feasible for 95% of the player base, which is a waste of dev time... If dev's start making packs that waste their time and aren't good moves, then there's just as much reason to lose faith in the future of the game.
    Last edited by Yokido; 09-02-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freekay View Post
    6. I play the game for enjoyment, not for end game

That about sums up the mindset of Cannith...
    Jeez, what a misguided mindset. *rolleyes*

I'm one of the nasty casuals tempting others with EN/EH LFMs.

1) Forgotten Realms simply isn't interesting to me at the moment. I haven't even finished doing all Eberron content yet.

2) Too many alts to gear / TR / spec for EE. I have one multi-TR but he's competing for play time with 8 other alts.

3) For a change I'm playing other games than DDO.

4) TR grind gets boring after a while, and I'm getting tired of "I'll be good enough when ..." thinking. I'd rather just use my limited play time to enjoy what I can run now.

5) Running epic casuals on my undergeared first life melee gimp can be just as fun/challenging as your epic elites with a group of fully geared multi-TRs. One of us just didn't have to spend x hours getting to their particular "end game" only to find it too easy.

Community Member Marco_Targaryen's Avatar

Hello all,

It's been a while now MotU is out and i'm starting to think that probably Cannith is one of the worst servers to be on endgame-wise. I'm a very intense pugger and i usually like to play in other parties as well other than my guild. The reason of my feeling is simple: the level of the people who run endgame is very low. There are lots of motivation to it:

People likes to run Epic Normal / Epic Hard content.
    People haven't often good Pastlives.
    People haven't exped enough Fate Points.
    People have poor skills in knowing what equipment to farm so they usually have bad equipment.
    People are not skilled enough, they want to do hard things and let few others robust player to do their work.
    Healers level is dropping steadly: a lot of healers nowdays forgot how to heal properly.
    Tanks do 0 DPS and often they are just HP cans doing nothing.
    Melees are usually squishie, either poor HPs or poor defenses or both and realy heavly on Healers for support.
    Casters tends often to be unable to Crowd Control Epic Elite content and too much self confident.
    People likes to run old content more than faerun content.
    Epic Elite is often a taboo except for few circle of players who run them regularly.

There are lots of reason more i cannot come up right now while writing but these should give you an idea of how bad is the situation on our server right now. People should start to self-criticize and put theirselves to test. Else we won't ever run Epic Elite Lob, Epic Elite Caught in the Web and see Epic Elite Vons and DQ as we did Epics before MotU. Epic Elite is not that hard with a good party but everyone has to do their job at the best of their possibilities. STOP running in circles there's Epic Elite button just on the right of your favourite Epic Hard Difficult and people should build characters toward that level of endgame.

Best Regards,
    Zerkul.
    Come to Thelanis my friend, I'll be w8ing to play with you!

maybe
    Last edited by Marco_Targaryen; 09-03-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Battlemaster Teblyn Dun'Robar
    Who are you? And why have you rung the bell?
    Thelanis: I Granchi Aviatori - Legit Multigaming Guild
    Vyserion - Rhaenyss - Lohras - Vickon - Deanerys - Elzasoul - Gehrold

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Jeez, what a misguided mindset. *rolleyes*

I'm one of the nasty casuals tempting others with EN/EH LFMs.

1) Forgotten Realms simply isn't interesting to me at the moment. I haven't even finished doing all Eberron content yet.

2) Too many alts to gear / TR / spec for EE. I have one multi-TR but he's competing for play time with 8 other alts.

3) For a change I'm playing other games than DDO.

4) TR grind gets boring after a while, and I'm getting tired of "I'll be good enough when ..." thinking. I'd rather just use my limited play time to enjoy what I can run now.

5) Running epic casuals on my undergeared first life melee gimp can be just as fun/challenging as your epic elites with a group of fully geared multi-TRs. One of us just didn't have to spend x hours getting to their particular "end game" only to find it too easy.
    See what I mean? Excuses to justify mediocrity is the Cannith way. If you check carefully, none of my toons are severely geared to the teeth and they still do fine in EE. Gear only accounts for a slight portion of gameplay. Skill, build and teamwork still matter much more when your gear is lacking - that's where the challenge is. But whatever, run your Hello Kitty Island content, everyone else is doing it already.

Soaked/Soaking/Zecks/Zeckshealer - Cannith
    Soaked's build

See what I mean? Excuses to justify mediocrity is the Cannith way. If you check carefully, none of my toons are severely geared to the teeth and they still do fine in EE. Gear only accounts for a slight portion of gameplay. Skill, build and teamwork still matter much more when your gear is lacking - that's where the challenge is. But whatever, run your Hello Kitty Island content, everyone else is doing it already.
    You must be one of the undergeared, under-TRd people the OP is deploring then. Apparently the wrong past lives make you unsuitable for "end game". Who knows what he thinks about first lifers, how on earth can they attempt epic elites.

It must really make you mad that not everyone aspires to the same as you and the OP. Going to run grind some cs_dust now, after that I might look at Hello Kitty Island. Sounds like a cool challenge.

P.S. I understand liking a challenge, but what's the difference between me running Epic hard House P to get mats, and 12 level 20-25s grinding Shroud or Abbot? None. You just have the idea that one is *supposed* to be challenging.
    Last edited by stoerm; 09-03-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Hello all,

I'm a very intense pugger and i usually like to play in other parties as well other than my guild.
    Wrong. I play every day (except weekends at morning and afternoon or at afternoon and night) and i check lfm pannel every 10 minutes from lvs 18-25. I really dont remeber last time i see you or your alts leading/joining a party there.

Edit: Oh nevermind, i think i remember one. One day. You opened a lfm to the new pack quests on EE when u15 was released, but that's all.
    Last edited by cupuacu; 09-03-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Honestly, I see a lot of crying and not a lot of suggestions for a fix beyond *other* people changing their playstyle, and *other* people pugging more EE, and *other* people becomming 'better' to conform to the OP's (and others of the same opinion) definition of endgame.

I don't see this problem, and I don't see a lack of /quote Endgame /unquote players. What I see most is a clash of personalities. I see many small groups of said endgame players each in their own little bubble of friends bemoaning the fact that there's not enough people to play with - mostly because said endgamers for various reasons of their own can't stand each other.

My personal observation, YMMV.
    Last edited by nicnivyn; 09-05-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Goddess! You know it baybee.

Nissha - Chanteuse - Zealotry - Zealot - Zeal
    Leader, High Rollers (Cannith)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicnivyn View Post
    Honestly, I see a lot of crying and not a lot of suggestions for a fix beyond *other* people changing their playstyle, and *other* people pugging more EE, and *other* people becomming 'better' to comform to the OP's (and others of the same opinion) definition of endgame.
    This is not a call for casual players to jump into content they don't like. This is a call for the endgame players to actually run endgame stuff, instead of giving in and joining the hard parties or logging off in disgust.

I don't see this problem, and I don't see a lack of /quote Endgame /unquote players. What I see most is a clash of personalities. I see many small groups of said endgame players each in their own little bubble of friends bemoaning the fact that there's not enough people to play with - mostly because said endgamers for various reasons of their own can't stand each other.

OK, let me do a quick check on the "Who" tab...

There are 13 "endgame" players online and not anon, where "endgame" is "People I have seen joining epic elite parties". That's more than I usually see. 9 of them, including the OP, are doing a CitW normal run. 1 is at the Lobster. The other 3 are sitting at their guild ships. I don't see any people that I would not play with in that list, or any people that wouldn't play with me and told me so.

Do you think that is a healthy population?
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

1. Don't tell me how to play
    2. Don't tell me I'm not good enough
    3. You're a big meanie-head elitist jerk who obviously has no life, which would explain why your toons/gear/knowledge of the game is better than mine
    4. You should teach other people how to be good at the game instead of criticising them
    5. Stop trying to teach me how to play the game, I don't want to learn because I know it all after 5mins of play
    6. I play the game for enjoyment, not for end game
    7. I play the game for end game but no1 else does, so I'll cave and just run EN/EH content instead.
    8. Yes, I see that EE quest being posted, but it'll never fill. So I'll just stand around on my airship, staring at the LFM panel until it does eventually fill, then I might hit up the last spot

That about sums up the mindset of Cannith...

9. Almost forgot: If you don't like it, why don't you move to an elitist-jerk server? <_<

You forgot the people that
    *look at that lfm* WHAT?! these guy are nevaah going to make ELOB/ECitW/EVON with this party. I better wait for 11 completionists with full gear and no intrest in loot that will do the whole quest for me.

Community Member

What is this whining about epic elites?! You don't have 3-4 friends to invite and do some "endgame" stuff??
    Seriously, what the hell is the problem here? If you can't find 3 people to quest with you, just go and play Helly Kitty then, because you already failed with DDO.

We run some days ago a Von6 EE with a mid-average equipped party. With few "multi-TRs" and a bit of organization we did it without problem. Often EE content involves skills and builds as Soaked says not only equipment: this means that the first obstacle you need to surpass when doing EE content is yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnivyn View Post
    Honestly, I see a lot of crying and not a lot of suggestions for a fix beyond *other* people changing their playstyle, and *other* people pugging more EE, and *other* people becomming 'better' to comform to the OP's (and others of the same opinion) definition of endgame.

I might be too much ingenous sometimes but i didn't see any of the clash of personalities you're talking about on the little sphere of Cannith where/when i play. Well it might be but at least for myself i can play with everyone. I just have some repulsion against extremely noob people but i usually keep it for myself and often i give suggestions on how to improve those characters if people asks me.

OFFTOPIC...
    Quote Originally Posted by cupuacu View Post
    Wrong. I play every day (except weekends at morning and afternoon or at afternoon and night) and i check lfm pannel every 10 minutes from lvs 18-25. I really dont remeber last time i see you or your alts leading/joining a party there.

Edit: Oh nevermind, i think i remember one. One day. You opened a lfm to the new pack quests on EE when u15 was released, but that's all.
    Well i can assure you i play almost everyday, probably on a different time range because i'm European not American. I'm playing just two characters right now Zavarthak / Rymajin and most quest i do are EE. I usually prefer to join parties not to lead so i often convince people to run LFM for me in change of my help. I helped people of a lot of guilds to make their own favor on EE PDK including Nihilum, DDOpl, Greeks, Templars, HellaPro, Gamers and others as well. I can almost say i'm a wellknown player in my timeframe but of course i play less with americans except with few Jungle Law that like to play at European times and some Zergs like Lotusfly. If you had CannithTrade chat you probably seen me spam a lot because i made Greendragonscale robe and i sold a lot of +3 tomes last 2-3 weeks especially.

Well what guild are you from? What are your alts?

BR,
    Z.
    Last edited by Zerkul; 09-03-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yalina View Post
    What is this whining about epic elites?! You don't have 3-4 friends to invite and do some "endgame" stuff??
    Seriously, what the hell is the problem here? If you can't find 3 people to quest with you, just go and play Helly Kitty then, because you already failed with DDO.
    U wrong my friend, atm ddo is hello kitty online, cause crybabies
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

If Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson knocked on Uriziems door desperate for action, but with the condition that it was purely casual...

...he would decline them.

Community Member

Hello all,

It's been a while now MotU is out and i'm starting to think that probably Cannith is one of the worst servers to be on endgame-wise. I'm a very intense pugger and i usually like to play in other parties as well other than my guild. The reason of my feeling is simple: the level of the people who run endgame is very low. There are lots of motivation to it:

I play on Cannith. I have 2 characters at max Epic XP, both first-life... my TRs are.. well.. TR-ing. My epic toons have some epic gear but are not particularly uber, and I don't know everything about the game. In other words, I am one of those people at endgame whose level is "low" according to you. But I have run some EE (successfully) and will run others in time.

I am reluctant to join a pug for EE or start one myself because, quite frankly, I am not prepared to deal with people acting like wiping is the end of the world, thinking anyone who does not know every little trick is a noob, or rage-quitting if it takes longer than they wish or they have to drink a few pots. And that has been my experience the few times I've pugged EE. So for me, EE is something to do with my static group, and when they are not available, I'm quite happy to farm/grind EN/EH either alone or with pugs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast