Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question WF FvS: At least 8 deaths in EE Lost in the Swamp

Hello all ...

Want to ask for some advice on how not to repeat what happened to me yesterday while running EE Lost in the Swamp.

My FvS just recently arrived at Eveningstar and is in the process of grinding out commendations to get some nice rewards to buff him up a bit. I then saw an LFM up for Lost in the Swamp, so I hit it and went into the explorer area. Met up with the other partymates and starting killing stuff on the way. Since the other players mentioned that they were unfamiliar with the quest, I said to myself 'Great, this should be a good learning experience". Haha, that it was.

When we got to the quest entrance, some of the partymates suggested running it on EE. I said I would prefer EH since I was still unfamiliar with the quest and actually wet behind the ears since I was still building up my character to handle the new epics.

However, we went in on EE anyway (not that I was complaining, I wanted to experience my first EE quest haha) and did well for around the first 3 minutes ... after which I got splatted consistently. My partymates didn't complain and I didn't lack for any rezzes, they came quickly. But heck, that was not fun at all and I felt like a burden to the party.

I then started playing a little safer by using Renewal on the tank and pewpewing Avenging Light, Searing Light and Divine Punishment rather than meleeing with my greatsword. I lasted a little longer, but got smacked around still. Funny thing was that I had no deaths during the final boss fight ... I guess I had learned my lesson by then.

Since getting my PRR/AC to decent levels seems to be somewhat of a pipedream, am hoping that you might be able to give me some advice on what I can do to fix my toon.

Anyway, to help diagnose my issues, here are some of my current specs:

WF Fvs Lord of Blades / 32 point build
    FvS20 / Exalted Angel 2
    STR 27
    DEX 8
    CON 30
    INT 10
    WIS 14
    CHA 28

HP 589
    SP 3157

AC 16 (!)
    Fort 24
    Dex 12
    Will 15

Fortification 135%

I just read that 135% Fort will not do on EE, so that'll be my priority for now. I don't see any decent way to get my AC up since I didn't get (and don't really plan to get) any body feats, so am not even looking at that right now. Will look at concealment, blur, dusk and displacement etc etc to minimize getting hit as well. I also doubt that I will be able to get a decent dodge rating, since I really didn't build the character for that.

Any suggestions as to what I should work on to becvome more survivable in EE quests? BTW, I don't do too bad in EN and EH, but I guess that isn't saying much.

definitely get your saves up...
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Just play healbot. Trying to hit stuff in EE as a healer is a chore because you cannot cast spells during attack animations and a lot of times the spell points used for DP are better saved for healing.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

If I am reading correctly, you are only lvl 20...was the rest of your group that young?

I won't even take my 23 caster in the new EE--unless I have an AWESOME lvl 25 caster/bard with me.

But as you get some levels and more destinies, you will have some nice options for more HP and extra fort for when you do EE and want to melee--with the right caster, the mobs that can be CC'd will be CC'd and not doing damage to you. Many of us change destinies or twists for EE to what is best for that particualr quest.

My Cleric runs the new EE and is not just a healbot, but also casts offensively, even if it is sometimes just a SOD to help things along for the casters.

ALso you mention that your FVS just got to Eveningstar. I would suggest doing the other chains there first as not only are they closer to your lvl, but you will have the chance to learn more about some of the mobs that you will face on the High Road, as well as pick up some gear that can help your fort out.
    Last edited by moops; 11-24-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Community Member

to be honest I am surprised that you actually completed. You have no business in Epic Elites. You must have had some really strong members to carry you through. First life toon without gear, capped destinies, twisted destinies= totally useless for epic elites. The difference from Epic Hard to Epic Elite is so vast it is hard to quantify.

First of all FVS melee build first life without any gear is less than effective in most Epics but totally uselessi in Elites.

You need to have an AC of 80+, your saves should be in the 40-50s at least. These numbers would be bare min.

YOu are much better off increasing your spell power for healing and light spells, staying back, blocking with shield, dotting bosses, and healing party members. If you had higher DC your implosion might work and meteor storm could knock mobs down. Your BB will not tick much.

As for the HVY fort above 135, You are ok with that. Not all mobs can bypass DC just some. If you check your battle notes you will see if the dmg you were taking was intense from crits and backstabs or just normal dmg.

You need to get higher AC, higher saves, resistances more HP, and learn your role in the party. Typically FVS are not needed for Melee DPS. Do you really think that you are doing the dmg of a brb or fighter with a 50-70 str? My first life brb crits for over 800-1500, 2-3k+ if adrenaline is used, my base dmg without any mods is above 180 a swing. Are you really doing that kind of dmg? Not likely.

I will say that you are very brave and I do commend you on sticking out to the end. Add those party members to your friends list as they are probably very good players (unless they were dying left and right also) They might be able to train you up to the point where you can actually handle the content.

GL

Lost in the swamp is a level 24 quest on normal which means its supposed to so
    Simulate a lvl 26 dungeon when you run it on elite. Going in there as a lvl 22 is feasible-ish, but only if you're really careful, stand waaayyy back, and not draw any attention to yourself. Once you hit level 25, get a little more gear and a little more practice running epic elites, you should be fine.

Also, I agree that you should try to get your saves up. The wil-o-whisps in there span chained lightning, and if you can get your reflex up, you should begin to take a little less damage from them.

Just remember that even the most veteran of players who have TRed five bajillion times has found himself or herself in a fix every now and then. (yesterday, I died in the sands on the way to offering of blood on a self-healing sorc, and my party couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes after it happened). I think you'll be fine once you get a couple more epic levels under your belt.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

2015 DDO Players Council Jevern's Avatar

I think some of the criticism given is unnecessarily harsh - reaching an AC of 80 should not be expected of a healer, nor saves in the 40s or 50s. They're nice to have, but certainly not mandatory.

It just happens that you picked a particularly awful quest to run on epic elite, because the wisps are incredibly annoying and also have saves that are practically untouchable by anything except Everything Is Nothing. It's one of the harder epic elite quests in the game right now, so it would definitely be unpleasant if you didn't know what to expect and were relatively new to epic levels.

Essentially, I feel that if you've never done the quest on epic elite before, it would be better to just stand back and heal. Scroll, whatever, save your sp. If it goes smoothly, then start to melee. When you melee, try and pick on the mobs that is hitting one of the guys with more hp, and don't randomly go off and fight something by yourself. It works on EH, but it buys you trouble on EE. Blur and displacement are really good if you can get the caster to give you the former, and clickies for the latter. They're a 50% miss chance even on epic elite, and so can save you some trouble. Mind you, once this happens you are likely going to use more sp for healing, so be careful not to overspend. Quest knowledge helps a lot because then you know where to stand to avoid damage.

Try some of the easier epic elites. The ones in stormreach are certainly a little easier than the FR ones, but give you some idea of what to expect in terms of having to deal with more melee damage and all that.

And definitely get more gear It might be good to stick with EH till you've got more experience and gear, then EE will be a nice challenge!
    Jassial - 18 Druid/2 Monk

Also: ~Jetel ~ Jessoliel ~ Jevern ~ Jemerial ~ Jedriel ~ Jevern ~
    Proud member of Crimson Eagles

Default Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback, all ... much appreciated.

Have some responses to the posts above:

1. Definitely get your saves up: Yup, that's something I'm working on right now. I happen to have a paladin with half-decent saves (currently at F61 / R52 / W47, but I think I get it up to F65 sometimes) who ironically hasn't done any EE quests haha. My issue is how to get my saves to a half-decent level on a WF FvS. The best resistance item I see now only gives +6 resistance, which does not seem like much. Is F30 / R18 / W21 actually going to make any difference in EE? Kinda doubt it actually ... so what save levels should I aim for and how to achieve that? R18 is a BIG joke.

2. Play healbot. Yup. That's what I tried to do after my second death, but still got smacked in the close quarter fights. Looking forward to the Purple Dragon Gauntlets for the additional 30% Healing Amp. Even playing healbot was tough, actually. But yeah ... I *was* on an EE quest. Am also hoping that I would not be pigeonholed into just healing later on. Since my DCs are a joke ... I guess I should just focus on amping up my light damage. BTW, was thinking of picking up the Enlarge feat, so that I can 'heal and pewpew from afar'. Is that crazy or what?

3. "... am reading correctly, you are only lvl 20 ...". Whoops. Didn't explain things fully here. Am a 'young' level 22 FvS and Exalted Angel 2. Yeah, that's messed up right? Only redeeming feature is that I only got to Eveningstar around 4 days ago on this toon, so I can blame it on that haha. My other partymates were lvl 23s to lvl 25s ... they're were the ones doing all the heavy lifting and rezzing. I think two of the lvl 23s died 4 times each though ... so it was a bloodbath of sorts. I did read that EE quests were on a different level here on the forums, but you don't really understand that until it slaps you in the face haha.

4. "You have no business in Epic Elites." Haha, amen to that! But it was a good experience and my partymates, to their credit, didn't badmouth or hold back any heals/rezzes. It was also good in the sense that it made me lose enough face to do something about it. Now I just have to know what to do.

5. "... players who have TRed five bajillion times ...": Actually bought two True Hearts from the DDO store a month ago to do exactly that. Was planning to TR this toon after maxxing out my EA levels. However, I am not sure if a TR will be able to solve all the issues I have with my WF FvS right now. Maybe a lot more loot, several +4/+5 tomes plus a crash course in playing my toon right will help.

6. "And definitely get more gear...". Yup, I hear you! Exactly my reason for posting. With all the lousy WF gear at the moment, do we actually have a decent chance to do well in EE quests?

Again, many thanks for the feedback and looking forward to more.

2015 DDO Players Council Jevern's Avatar

I prefer not to take enlarge cause there are usually much better choices. Mind you, if you're standing away form the melee group, you're not going to take much damage, I think? so you can heal them from outside, either that or you can pew pew till they need heals, then run in and heal. Light damage is good to focus on when you have no DCs, yes.

Saves in the 40s is a good estimate for epic elites. Other than a resist item, the best dex items you can find, see if you can slot good luck +2 somewhere as that is a stacking bonus to saves, and try and get GH whenever you enter the quest. From the looks of it you haven't got a dex item on right now, so with a +6 item, 2 insight (druid boots!) and maybe a +2 tome, you would knock that up from 18 to 29. If you can get access to a +2 dex shrine on a guild ship, that's 30. The kobold gives another stacking 1, for 31. There's a nice tier 1 ability from magicster that is +6 reflex, so once you get enough exp to twist that in, it's 37. Level 24 gives another 1 to saves, so that's 38 reflex save. Haste bumps that up to 39, and that will probably net you some (if not 100%) reflex saves.

With regards to the playing healbot, I think it's the other way around! The more you know about the quest, the less likely you're going to be pigeonholed into healing because you're more aware of the quest requirements and what to expect. I only meant it as a starting point, there's certainly no reason to healbot if the party is dealing well with the quest and you know that there isn't going to be a big spawn there, so go ahead and wade in with a big sword.
    Jassial - 18 Druid/2 Monk

Also: ~Jetel ~ Jessoliel ~ Jevern ~ Jemerial ~ Jedriel ~ Jevern ~
    Proud member of Crimson Eagles

My views, maybe they will help.

- Run the other chains first before you go EE on the later chains. The early Eveningstar quests are really gear-levelers. Many of the things you can obtain through those (including through commendations) are awesome bridge or early epic gear. This stuff isn't your "end" gear set - but it will help bridge.

- One set to consider is the battle arcanist set, esp. if you don't have shroud SP/HP items. It gives some of that benefit, plus a reduction on SP costs. Yes, it uses the same spot as the Torc, but if we're talking EE you generally don't want to be getting hit that much, and when you do you can swap the Torc back in.

- You can get a higher AC than you think. It won't help tons on EE, but don't avoid it for no good reason.

- Don't ignore PRR. That said, I'm not sure if PRR is fixed for WF yet and/or how adamantine body works for a class that isn't proficient w/ heavy armor. It'd be sure nice if you got the PRR for it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

- Get a shield of superior stability. You're probably neutral, and if so this is a great AC / save booster. Light & Darkness works, but there are lootgen ones you can find or you can craft one (Life Shield of Superior Stability is pretty sweet). This can be a swap in to help your saves when needed.

- Dodge is super useful. Get some dodge via items or ED components. Find a way to get blurry and ethereal / ghostly via items. The best way to reduce incoming damage in EE is a mix of all defensive options - AC, PRR, Dodge, concealment (blurry / displacement), incorp (ghostly, etc.).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

"I think some of the criticism given is unnecessarily harsh"

Sorry that I am not a boyscout.

I was being sarcastic, or don't you have that kind of concept in your world?

OP. For lvl 23 there is a docent that is great for WF divine, similar to leaves of the forest. You can also find bracers that have superior parrying and convalescence that will give you +4 to AC and 20% more healing amp. If you are true neutral as others have stated get a superior stability item like the mindsunder shield.

I must say that I am biased because I really dislike the WF FVS melee build. I think that the evoker build is much more powerful, but it is really about game play and if you like that style of play with the melee build don't change.

For feats make sure that you take the armor upgrades like adamantine or even higher.

There is a lot of great gear that is easy to grind not like old epic stuff. How many scrolls, seals, shards do I have that cannot be made into anything (aagghhh)?

PDK helm and gloves are pretty standard for melee. The cleric's set: ring, neck and armor are great for caster FVS. The Netheresee boots are awesome even the normal verion are pretty good. Which will give you ghostly that stacks with blur.

If you have a chance before Mabar ends that cloak is really nice for melee too. Boring grind though.

When you get lvl 24, it is easy to find health,wis, cha +8 items. Get a Greensteel item that gives you 45 HP, you might like the blur/displacement clicky that is pretty nice. (I regret doing stoneskin on my fvs) Get a few items that have large guild slots(if your guild is high enough), then you can craft a few different very useful items, 33%fire or electric absorption and greater evo focus. When you hit lvl 25, go do a destiny xp farm in one of the underdark/kingsforest chain. You will cap 1 destiny per 2 hours or less. It is mind numbing boring, but there are some great things to twist that will bring your saves and AC up.

Good luck and have fun it is just a game. The problem I see is that epic hard and normal are so easy that people tend to think that Elites won't be that tough. Too many groups don't learn to respec the quest or know what they need to surivive inside them. Yes, there are many people that can do the Epic Elites with their gimped toons, however it is usually because they are the weakest link in the party and other members are carrying the weight. I personally don't want t be the weakest link ever. I try to build my toons with the best gear, stats, skills etc that fit my role. Solo builds for leveling aren't usually as effective in Epic Elites.

I also see a lot of players running epic elites while trying to level their off destinies. That really shouldn't be done. Elites should have everyone to their fullest potential. They run pretty smooth with a full party (even first lifers) that are geared up with the right destinies running.

Smile Lotsa good advice again. Many thanks!

Lots of good advice again, exactly what I needed ... Many thanks!

Decided to log into my FvS to verify some bits of information I posted earlier ... in particular my saves.

With Nightshield, GH and Epic Tier 1 Swashbuckler in hand (not sure if a have a spare Tier 3 lying around), my saves go up to F33 / R21 / W24. No Good Luck +2 slotted in right now though. Can get +1 from my Voice of the Master. AC also goes up to 25 (yikes) ... PRR at 10, even with Divine Power running (BAB is +22).

FvS is Neutral Good (yeah, i know), so no bonuses from Stability items.

You guys are also right ... no DEX item being used at the moment. Gotta find a way to slot that in to remove my -1 DEX penalty and then bump up my reflex saves.

Am currently using a set of greensteel Air +150SP CHA skills googles and a cleansed +45HP earth CON skills cloak. Might build a GS conc opp item sometime (nice for +6 WIS too), but not on my priority list right now. Currently using a Fleshshaper's Docent for the Fleshmaker bonus and the slotted Arcane Lore.

The main vibe I'm getting from reading the forums is that another race would be much better (e.g. Human) to be able to take advantage of the nice armors released recently. Again, am a bit attached to this toon being Warforged, so am still trying to find a way to make things work out for me without having to swap races.

Other items on my priority list (maybe you guys can look at this too):
    1. ToD ring for 20% Healing Amp (am flagged but haven't gotten around to crafting boots for this toon, not sure if I will do this, since I can use the boots more on my Fighter)
    2. Signet of Shining Sun for +7 CHA / +2 INS WIS / Sup Heal Lore
    3. Symbol of Shining Sun for +7 WIS / +2 INS / CHA +15 Concentration
    4. Ancient Gemstone (for Amaunator Set bonus, -10% SP costs): +7 CON / Resistance +6 / Good Luck +2
    5. Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets: 30% Healing Amp / +7 STR / +2 INS CON
    6. Eat a +2 DEX tome (I think I have a few lying around in the bank)
    7. Holy Symbol of Lolth: (lotsa nice stuff)

With the +6/+2 saves I'll be getting from the Ancient Gemstone, eating a +2 DEX tome and slotting in a +6 DEX item plus the additional WIS points, will boost my saves to F41 / R34 / W33, which seem a bit decent. If a 34 reflex save is not enough, might farm another Fleshshaper's Docent so that I can slot in Uncanny Awareness (+10 Reflex stated, but I don't know what the final bonus will be).

Still no major improvement on the AC/PRR/dodge side though ... not sure if I can address that while trying to boost my saves. Not really planning to take the Shield Mastery feat unless you can point out that it would be the best feat to pick up for the remaining feat slot (picked up Empower for a light SLA damage boost at level 21) for my epic levels.

The strategy to fix this toon is kinda starting to shape up thanks to all of your feedback ... again looking forward to more comments and suggestions!

Community Member

Have a look at my toon here:

http://my.ddo.com/character/khyber/ardyl/

Ignore the past lives as it only nets extra skill points (more points in starting INT), spell pen (useless since we're both CHA based) and a bit more SP.

The beauty of WF is the 'extra item slot' you can afford since you start with 25% fort bonus, you only need h.fort slotted somewhere whereby other races might wanna slot in enhanced fortification especially vs sneak attacking mobs.

I retired from meleeing over a year ago so I'm a bit biased on this issue. IMHO WF FVS melee is inferior atm with all the options you have for nuking / instakilling. Here's why:
    1) You have to get close and personal. Mobs hit you for tons since AC is useless in EE. There are options like improving dodge, blur item/displacement clickies and/or PRR but why stand still when you can wing around?
    2) Melee classes performs much better then WF FVS melee atm. If you wanna melee, even Paladin class is better. Rogues sneak attacks and good ones can assasinate mobs and thus not get hit. Monks can stun mobs and not get hit. Barbs are just kills faster then they can be killed. If you're taking much more dmg then ur churning out, don;t do it.

That being said, I think you're having problem with the quest on EE because the mobs hit for 200+ per hit and thats 1/3 of your HP. Wisps will finish you off with their chain lightning spell. Even if you're a healbot and agro nothing, you will still get hit by the chain lightning. Like the other responses, up them saves. I splashed 2 pally levels for this reason. Mass heal is too slow.

This post is just my personal opinion. You can do whatever you want with your toon.

Even for my build, human feels slightly superior coz of the new armor offered (NO EQUIVALENT DOCENT AVAILABLE, DEVS PLEASE!!!!). But i'm blinded by love for the WF race.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default lord of blades

Hi,

You may also want to do a search on the SDO forums. There is a "lord of blades" build that's primary focus is doing EE content. He primarily uses the Unyielding Sentinel EE because of its tanking and healing advantages. I think he has shield mastery and improved shield mastery as well aster admantine body. His primary goals are running a WF FVS with 100ish AC, 65+ PRR, and 40+ Reflex saves. His fighting strategy is to Turtle Up while allowing his Divine Punishments and his Archon to do crits from 1 to 3k while he gives out an occasional heal or two. His build seems to work very well and I enjoy it so far. I think I will eventually TR to a human and focus more on the tanking and light damage with some Bonnie WF healing advantages. I'm thinking 16's in Con, cha and Wis with a 14 Dex. Either that or I may just redo feats for just tanking and light damage while not gimping healing too much and retire his greatswords.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    to be honest I am surprised that you actually completed. You have no business in Epic Elites. You must have had some really strong members to carry you through. First life toon without gear, capped destinies, twisted destinies= totally useless for epic elites. The difference from Epic Hard to Epic Elite is so vast it is hard to quantify.

First of all FVS melee build first life without any gear is less than effective in most Epics but totally uselessi in Elites.

You need to have an AC of 80+, your saves should be in the 40-50s at least. These numbers would be bare min.

YOu are much better off increasing your spell power for healing and light spells, staying back, blocking with shield, dotting bosses, and healing party members. If you had higher DC your implosion might work and meteor storm could knock mobs down. Your BB will not tick much.

As for the HVY fort above 135, You are ok with that. Not all mobs can bypass DC just some. If you check your battle notes you will see if the dmg you were taking was intense from crits and backstabs or just normal dmg.

You need to get higher AC, higher saves, resistances more HP, and learn your role in the party. Typically FVS are not needed for Melee DPS. Do you really think that you are doing the dmg of a brb or fighter with a 50-70 str? My first life brb crits for over 800-1500, 2-3k+ if adrenaline is used, my base dmg without any mods is above 180 a swing. Are you really doing that kind of dmg? Not likely.

I will say that you are very brave and I do commend you on sticking out to the end. Add those party members to your friends list as they are probably very good players (unless they were dying left and right also) They might be able to train you up to the point where you can actually handle the content.

GL
    Obviously his party memebers were confident they could and did handle and had no issue bring him along it so like most of my guild EE runs who cares? It is obvious he is aware he has short comings in his build and wants to shore them up before going in on EE with a party that is not as strong.

Getting more hp and better saves is good generic advice, AC of 80 or more sure if its MUCH more in EE or more likely rely on blur/incorp/displace effects and some PPR.

Most likely the part that killed him most would have been wolves with trip being nasty as in there or wisps and on a non evasion toon they can mess you up fast even with good saves. Elemental absorbtion and higher resistance based items make your life alot easier when you know what mobs you are dealing with.

As for melee FS even ungeared ones doing less damage than a barb with melee, thats not in debate from anyone, but swinging a sword does not preclude:
    doting
    commet falling
    greater commanding
    imploding
    energy draining
    destructing
    slay living

or any combination of the above while contributing some melee dps. My barb loves seeing a melee FS or even better cleric swinging away beside him because I know I will be in range of the mass heal or cures or even better aura.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

lots of good advice here. I came back from a DDO break tom play seriously after the druid questline came out. I had similar experiences, I was undeared geared and had to change my play style. I went away from thf (finally gave up on an eSoS shard) and spec'ed in shield mastery and impr shield mastery, dropped impr crit and power attack, got my self an "Agony" and a simple "epic" wall of wood so i could use the 20% healing amp with the 30% from my PDK gauntlets and later claw set, switched my PrC from Lord of Blades to Silver flame for the free searing light. Now I am a beast on EE, sure I dont lead kill counts but I contribute DPS and can stand right in the mix without taking much damage, and in Stand Against the tide with a claw set I can even dot tank as long as people dont go heavy threat gen (not as sexy but it sure makes healing a lot easier). Crafting a 33% electric trinket is nice. Now Im comfortably sitting around 100 AC and PRR in the 60's and have a couple displacemnt clickies and only die when Im screwing around or a party member does something foolish and I have to focus on them to the detriment of myself and the party whic is getting rarer and rarer.
    AoK - Sasi Jdollar Jonnydrama Hawtty Megah

Quote Originally Posted by Jevern View Post
    I think some of the criticism given is unnecessarily harsh - reaching an AC of 80 should not be expected of a healer, nor saves in the 40s or 50s. They're nice to have, but certainly not mandatory.
    What you mistake for criticism is actually reality. Its harsh and people are running content over their heads. finishing with 8 deaths on 1 toon is not surprising given the content and level of the OP. Kudos to him for recognizing he was carried through and asking advice to change something obviously wrong. Many people will not recognize this and seek to make changes.
    AoK - Sasi Jdollar Jonnydrama Hawtty Megah

Fleshshaper's docent is good. Do that.

Change your alignment to Neutral and get a Light and Darkness or a lootgen Superior Stability. This will also cut down on the alignment damage you're taking.

If you're WIS-dumped, I don't know if I'd worry w/ the Cleric's set.

You may want to take the free LR and remove some of your melee feats. A pure FVS simply doesn't have the feats and support to melee well right now, and without the EDs you won't be able to even come close to competing in melee DPS. DR doesn't scale either, so that capstone is less and less useful too in keeping you alive. It works fine on Normal / Hard ... but is peanuts on elite.

So, honest question time ... what do you see as the thing this toon will do "best"? Standing in the middle and healing? Melee DPS? Survival? Spell capabilities?

... you need to answer that, and build for that. Any FVS can steamroll most heroic content. You need some focus to be helpful in EE.

And, mind you, this is a WF FVS ... not someone playing a stand-in-the-back healer. Playing a stand-in-the-back healer requires a different mindset and would have different survival benchmarks.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    swinging a sword does not preclude:
    doting
    energy draining
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    swinging a sword does not preclude:
    commet falling
    greater commanding
    imploding
    destructing
    slay living
    No, but having a 14 Wisdom makes it a waste of SP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast