Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default Lost Epic destinies

    Ok i have mentioned it several times already however,

    Over a month ago already i lost all my epic destinies, they claim to be working on it but im fed up. They can implement exp stones and can grant exp and all that yet they are unwilling to give any assistance in this form. I lost ALL epic destiny levels, i paid exp potions to do it and i capped them AFTER they nerfed the challenges because they were giving "to" much exp (thank you to wtvr dimwit pointed this out so they nerfed it /sarcasm). Simlpy put turbinepoints=$ $$=EXP EXPgone trough turbine negligence=theft

    This means i can consider this THEFT. The fact they are fine with just letting this slide for well over a month shows me how serious turbine takes it customers. Yes yes people will be all over this, rant rant rant. Put yourselves in my shoes or someone elses that got shafted hardcore.

    People keep telling me this is a isolated incident, but over the forums ive seen several people with the issue i have mentioned. I would like to see a headcount of people who actually LOST stuff they paid for, wether it be exp or the prepurchase they paid for but didnt get, anything that can be literally translated to theft. I want to know what has been covered up so far.

  2. #2
    Hero Vyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    173

    Default

    I seem to be missing the pets that came with my preorder. Now its not a big deal to me because i see them as useless. With that said i did pay for them and dont have them. I didnt loose my ED progress but after getting through only 5 i really feel for you.
    Eternal Champions of Argo

  3. #3
    The Hatchery Syllph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    For the benefit of the rest of the community, could you describe exactly what happened? I have many, many friends who used the free LR after gaining many destinies and not one has lost them. I'm trying to piece together how this is happening.

    Can you tell me:

    Your class(s)/level/epic levels

    What Destinies you had and if you did anything with them prior to LR

    What specifically you changed during LR (stats, etc.)

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    I had pretty much capped out most epic destinies, or at least i unlocked all the twists i required when i decided to use the free LR on my Helf 12Pal/6Fghtr/2(+5 epic levels impossible to not cap out grinding destinies)Mnk to even out stats. After that poof back to square one.

  5. #5
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,922

    Default

    Theres enough people that this has happened to now that I bet if they all got together and got SPECIFC about their class split, stats, and XP previous and post LR they could likely zero in on the cause (or at least indicators of the cause) of this bug.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    My personal issue is not with the fact theres a bug in the lr, it sucks but thats about it.
    What i have issues with is their determination to fix these bugs.

    Think about it they are able to add experience stones in game etc but they are not able to return my missing exp? bullcrap

  7. #7
    Community Member Kinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    This means i can consider this THEFT. The fact they are fine with just letting this slide for well over a month shows me how serious turbine takes it customers.
    That's not true, look at how they handled the ship buff deletion error.

    Ok bad example, look how they handled the Mabar troubles.

    Ok bad example, look how they... uh......

    Turbine doesn't care about you or any other customer. Like you say, this is just a fact. The sooner you come to terms with it, the sooner you will be able to make peace with the way you are being treated.

    .

    It's nothing personal.

    They just don't care.

  8. #8
    Community Member Dexxaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waaaaay South of the border!
    Posts
    3,196

    Arrow

    Maybe you should... Nope.

    What if you... Nope again.

    I bet you can..... Nevermind.


    All I can say is thanks to your post I am reassured of my hunch, that I should not TR any toon that has accumulated Epic Destiny XP.
    (Luckily I no longer have any major TR needs.)


    Sorry to hear about it, and best of luck


    .
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

  9. #9
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    Ok i have mentioned it several times already however,

    Over a month ago already i lost all my epic destinies, they claim to be working on it but im fed up. They can implement exp stones and can grant exp and all that yet they are unwilling to give any assistance in this form. I lost ALL epic destiny levels, i paid exp potions to do it and i capped them AFTER they nerfed the challenges because they were giving "to" much exp (thank you to wtvr dimwit pointed this out so they nerfed it /sarcasm). Simlpy put turbinepoints=$ $$=EXP EXPgone trough turbine negligence=theft

    This means i can consider this THEFT. The fact they are fine with just letting this slide for well over a month shows me how serious turbine takes it customers. Yes yes people will be all over this, rant rant rant. Put yourselves in my shoes or someone elses that got shafted hardcore.

    People keep telling me this is a isolated incident, but over the forums ive seen several people with the issue i have mentioned. I would like to see a headcount of people who actually LOST stuff they paid for, wether it be exp or the prepurchase they paid for but didnt get, anything that can be literally translated to theft. I want to know what has been covered up so far.
    If you consider it theft, why not call your local police department, I'm sure they will look right into it.




    In the meantime, hope it gets resolved for ya soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  10. #10
    The Hatchery samthedagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Church of the Sovereign Host
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    I have a working theory that this only happens to multiclassed characters, but not all multiclassed characters.

    I have grinded out a number of EDs and I have to say the process is long and arduous. If you have grinded out the whole tree and then lose them, I really feel for you.

    In the meantime, I recommend to anyone who is about to use the free LR that they take some detailed screenshots of their ED path and chart as evidence before they LR.

  11. #11
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    EDIT: Ninja'd; still, my question bears mentioning anyway.

    Has anyone who was a pure 20+whatever had this bug happen to them?

  12. #12
    The Hatchery Dielzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    All I can say is thanks to your post I am reassured of my hunch, that I should not TR any toon that has accumulated Epic Destiny XP.
    (Luckily I no longer have any major TR needs.)
    TR is fine, it's LR that's causing the issues for various people.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    EDIT: Ninja'd; still, my question bears mentioning anyway.

    Has anyone who was a pure 20+whatever had this bug happen to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dielzen View Post
    TR is fine, it's LR that's causing the issues for various people.
    I had this happen, not on a lesser, but on a true reincarnation. Was pure 20 wizard 5 epic, TRed into wizard again. When I got to 20 the second time, all epic destinies are at level 0.

  14. #14
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandaman View Post
    I had this happen, not on a lesser, but on a true reincarnation. Was pure 20 wizard 5 epic, TRed into wizard again. When I got to 20 the second time, all epic destinies are at level 0.
    *facepalm*

    Uh oh... *sigh*
    That's not good news at all.. I was planning on TR'ing a guy tonight.. It would REALLY suck to be out all that destiny progression.

    And to make matters worse, you don't even know that there is an issue until you've re-ground out 4 million xp?


    Cmon turbine, THIS is a big deal.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  15. #15
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    *facepalm*

    Uh oh... *sigh*
    That's not good news at all.. I was planning on TR'ing a guy tonight.. It would REALLY suck to be out all that destiny progression.

    And to make matters worse, you don't even know that there is an issue until you've re-ground out 4 million xp?


    Cmon turbine, THIS is a big deal.
    You can see destiny xp gained from previous lives on TRs before hitting level 20. It is just when you have not gained any destiny xp yet (ie claimed your first destiny on the toon ever) that you can not view the epic destiny tab.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  16. #16
    Community Member xoowak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    I have a working theory that this only happens to multiclassed characters, but not all multiclassed characters.
    That does not appear to be the case:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=385261

    The only commonality I've seen is that all characters have been 24+ and have had at least one capped destiny, which isn't much to go on.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    416

    Default

    unfortunatly turbine are sticking there heads in the sand over this one hoping it will go away

    a month now for some people and absolutly no responce from turbine

    from what i have seen it can happen on the free lr, a shop bought lr, or a tr

    one of my guildies lost an entire capped ed tree

    personaly i am suprised hes still playing (or at least he was last time i logged in)

    total uncaring attitude will drive away players even faster then these critical, game breaking bugs
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

  18. #18
    Community Member Kiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Only thing i know of to do is drop your vip subscription and stop spending money on the game.

    1 of 2 things will happen if enough people do that

    1 they pay more attention to fixing stuff like this
    2 DDO shuts down

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Next, they're going to implement a "mechanic" which results in deletion of your character when you log in to play it.

  20. #20
    Uber Completionist Ilindith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    Simlpy put turbinepoints=$ $$=EXP EXPgone trough turbine negligence=theft
    Not quite. You paid money to get more exp and you did get more exp, so you got what you paid for. Then, a totally unrelated event caused your character to lose all it's epic destinies. Character that Turbine owns, not you.

    Not saying that what happened doesn't totally suck, but good luck trying to pass this as theft.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload