Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    actually, My husband has control of the first name, so I am feeling that Ashnod might be the girl's choice.

Middle names will be my choice. Nova for a girl and Wildstar for the guy. My family doesn't think I'll go through with it. Foolish mortals!
    That takes me back to before my son was born. My wife had first name dibs if a boy, middle name if a girl. I was vice-versa. Veto rights of course, We kinda knew what the other's name preferences were.. As you may remember, my daughter is Tegan, yes the stewardess from the Tom Baker-Peter Davison era.

Also had Adric and Nyssa on the list (of course Adric would be for the second child if a boy).

Oh, but on topic, my son started playing at age 8, the day I started playing DDO, in fact the reason I started playing DDO is for him and I to be able to play something together, and f2p was just the ticket.

What to get a newblet gamer? A waterproof keyboard. Kids rarely remember the "keep drinks away from the computer" threats.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Congrats!

I dont have any kids yet, and my nephews are not gamers. Thus I'll have to leave the little gamers to others for now.
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

awesome news! big congrats!

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Cool

Muchas Gratz!! I'd say more but you need to catch up on your sleep now before it's too late..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

well then looks like congrats is in order.

Congrats, Doc!

My son learned to use a computer at about 16 months (an alphabet game taught him how to use the mouse) and he's barely moved away from the things since.

And although this isn't gaming related, I thought you and other parents/parents-to-be might enjoy this little Q&A my husband found...

Q. Should I have a baby after 35?
    A. No, 35 children is enough.

Q. I'm two months' pregnant now. When will my baby move?
    A. With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q. What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
    A. Childbirth.

Q. My wife is five months' pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
    A. So what's your question?

Q. My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labour, but pressure. Is she right?
    A. Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q. When is the best time to get an epidural?

A. Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q. Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labour?
    A. Not unless the word 'alimony' means anything to you.

Q. Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
    A. Yes, pregnancy.

Q. Do I have to have a baby shower?
    A. Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q. Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
    A. When the kids are in college.

Seriously though, it's going to be a wonderful, amazing, joyful, frustrating, depressing, tearful few years for you... often all at the same time. Enjoy it as much as you can, because they level way too fast... darned zergers...
    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Then I thought about it some more and decided that they were actually Gizmo minus the "Don't Get them Wet" problem of producing soulless evil entities that want to destroy civilization, like the Kardashians.

I was going to suggest ThinkGeek.com but you already mentioned that site. My boyfriend turned me onto that site and it's now where I do the majority of my Xmas shopping. Lots of cute baby things there as well.

PIXA
    Xoriat Born
    DWAT
    Pixa 20 rogue, Healza 20 Cleric, Biteza 20 tempest ranger, Casstza 12 sorc, Singza 20 bard, Kickza 13 barb, Nodda 8 fvs

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

Well, it's offical. I'm going to produce a future gamer. Just found out today.
    UPDATE (for those who care, and so I can brag more about it!) NOV. 27, 2012:

It's a boy. I have a few minor issues, including the child's love of my pelvis and the breech position, and something about placenta and cord locations, otherwise he's a healthy, 20 week old fetus who'd rather play with his hands (among other things...boys!) than allow the sonogram tech to take pictures of his spine, heart and butt. He's killing my bladder. Brat.

Here is a pix of the alien lovechild.

+The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Wow!

the babies on the bottom looking up yea?

Why is he wearing a spiked turban? Thats gimp, get him equiped up doc!!

Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora1979 View Post
    Wow!

the babies on the bottom looking up yea?

Why is he wearing a spiked turban? Thats gimp, get him equiped up doc!!

Congratulations
    Well he started with mooning us, so the operator sexed within seconds. THen he quickly rolled face up head down and refused to change position. Alot of my pics were from the side.

I need to get him a level one pest onesie. Start that character sheet off early! As for gearage, you know taht you go through gear so fast in the early levels, its just best to use whatever you pick up or is a hand me down from other toons.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Default Gratz

did my kids a long time ago before computer games (daughter 32 and son 28 with pnp). I am currently working on my granddaughter playing when she comes overs. She likes the Atries and Druids for the pets the help fights. her next class is my nuker sorc blowning this up with fireballs and acid.

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Thumbs up

Congratulations!!

My boy is 8 weeks old today and sometimes i feed him while i am sitting at my comp scrolling through the AH.

I like to explain whats hot and whats not - just so he knows for later on and doesn't waste his plat.

It's the best feeling in the world. Wait till he starts smiling at you. Nothing in the world beats that. Not even finding a Torc

:-)
    Last edited by Son_of_the_South; 11-28-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Way to go, Trissa!
    You'll be a fine mother, considering all the practice you've had in Tempest Spine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    ~ Oloth's Tale ~ xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx

Have it (yes it, until they learn to talk and walk I consider them not much more than dogs) play a halfling at first, then a dwarf, then a human, then half elf, then elf (etc), each character representing how tall they are. That way they can really get into the game, and you can mock them for being short.

Unless you too, are a dwarf or halfling, in which case I am sorry for your loss.
    Thal and co.

Congrats!

When my wife was pregnant the first time she felt it kick was when she was watching me play DDO while we chatted. She became a regular DDO spectator after that and it often made my little girl kick when she heard the sounds.

And she remembered those sounds. Before she could even crawl she was facinated by the game sounds. I remember I could sit her in my lap (or even on a blanket on my desk if she was sleepy) and she would happily sit there and watch me play.

She must have been about 1 when the first Cove event happened. She absolutely FLIPPED when she heard the Kobolds speak. She LOVED their voices and made me run around clicking on them so they would say something to me.

When she was about 2 I made the mistake of showing her me jumping off the airship. That was Sooooo funny that I had to do it like 100 times in a row.

And now at 3, little darling she is, she is trying to get me to teach her D&D. Right now the understanding is "roll dice, then move character tokens randomly on map until you feel like making up a story about how the man asks the mean monster to be his friend and the mean monster was really nice and so they played"

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_the_South View Post
    I like to explain whats hot and whats not - just so he knows for later on and doesn't waste his plat.

It's the best feeling in the world. Wait till he starts smiling at you. Nothing in the world beats that. Not even finding a Torc
    Don't worry. Your guildies will retrain them to spend you plat on needed stuff. Such as cure pots and the like when they are playing your character.

Nothing like logging on your 'rich" character only to discover you've only got a few gold to your name because your kid has a drinking problem.

Default Well ....

Congrat Tris!

In retrospect, if you and your hub are still there, may I suggest http://www.konaboys.com/surf/surf-board-sales/

He'll get into gaming on his own time.
    Kruler Nightwing, Leander McVey, Kikmor Boutte, Xanril Pegason, Bamark Stronghand, Xavneiros Moonshadow, Stabju Indanek, Xangeon Pegason, Shavver Darkeyes, Nuther UTI, Woqini, Mozi
    The Dark Exile, Xoriat

... As for gearage, you know that you go through gear so fast in the early levels, its just best to use whatever you pick up or is a hand me down from other toons.
    I don't often wax nostalgic for those early years, but when I do...

Indeed so, Doc. Just a couple weeks ago my level 24, 18, & 16s were much the same.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Looks like I'm a little late, but congratulations! We're expecting as well, a little girl at the beginning of February. It's just been flying by, we'll have time to catch our breath after the holidays just in time to get all the baby stuff ready
    * Sohryu * (Life #24: 18 BRD / 1 BRB / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Is Tiberius Wildstar a good name? Because that's going to be his sig.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast