Default Small Cannith crafting question

Currently crafting myself some devil beaters and I was wondering if the ML of items cap at 25?

Calculating the level they would have, they'd be ML 25 by having +4 Holy Burst of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane.

Would they still be ML 25 if I make them +5 Holy Burst of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane? Or would they become unusable by being ML 27 or something?
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Even better, ML caps at 20.
    I have a pair of +5 HB silver scimitars(2[1d6]) of GLOB and they are level 20.

EDIT:
    +4 HB of GLOB would have only been ML 23, since its total potential would have been +12.
    The ML formula is: [total potential]*2 - 1 = ML, maximum being 20.
    Last edited by BruceTheHoon; 08-29-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    Even better, ML caps at 20.
    I have a pair of +5 HB silver scimitars(2[1d6]) of GLOB and they are level 20.

EDIT:
    +4 HB of GLOB would have only been ML 23, since its total potential would have been +12.
    The ML formula is: [total potential]*2 - 1 = ML, maximum being 20.
    Silver wraps have a base +1 value, so ML 25.

But thanks for the other info!
    Last edited by Ilindith; 08-29-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Community Member

Even better, ML caps at 20
    No it doesn't. Please stop spreading this misinformation around, next you'll be telling him to use Diplomacy on chests. ML, right now, caps at 25. There may be a level cap increase, but I personally hope it doesn't happen. +5 extra levels that didn't do much weren't too imbalanced, but +10? If there is a cap increase, expect the 25 cap to increase as well.

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin-ator View Post
    No it doesn't. Please stop spreading this misinformation around, next you'll be telling him to use Diplomacy on chests. ML, right now, caps at 25. There may be a level cap increase, but I personally hope it doesn't happen. +5 extra levels that didn't do much weren't too imbalanced, but +10? If there is a cap increase, expect the 25 cap to increase as well.
    Hay Merlin, bet you can't post a screenshot of some cannath crafted gear that has a ML over 20.

Yes they raised the player lvl to 25, but cannath crafting still has a hard cap at 20.

No it doesn't. Please stop spreading this misinformation around, next you'll be telling him to use Diplomacy on chests.

But you don't have to take MY word for it, because here is my proof:

Where is yours?

A private island with Johnny Depp, ahem, I mean my hubby

Oooooooooooooh! Buuuuuuuurrrrn!
    When asked, "What are we going to do tonight?" the only acceptable answer is, "The same thing we do every night...Try to take over the world!"
    Sarlona - Auralana, Orcalana, JuicyLucy, Aquani, Wistia, Aurabella, Guildy, etc. If you see the last name Hather, it's either me or the hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    pffffffff
    showoff...

I didn't know about the +1ML for handwraps. I also thought it was customary to put only 'Holy' on the crafted handwraps, because Holy burst doesn't stack with the ToD ring bonus.

pffffffff
    showoff...

I didn't know about the +1ML for handwraps. I also thought it was customary to put only 'Holy' on the crafted handwraps, because Holy burst doesn't stack with the ToD ring bonus.
    With all the new items, I didn't even want to have a ToD ring in my gear setup.

Next time you want to reply, make sure you understand what the OP is talking about.

Items made in the hall of crafting caps out at lvl 20.

Characters can get lvl 25.

Not the same thing.

pffffffff
    showoff...

It's only for materials, because... well, because someone really hated handwraps back in the day and did everything they could do to break them. There's really no other explanation for the vast array of odd and outright buggy behavior handwraps have exhibited over the years.

Community Member

I remember seeing an item though that said absolute min lvl 23. I don't have a screenshot but did see it.

But as others have said normal epic gear can be disconuncted and crafted with a mn lvl 20. It is nice to have some epic DR breakers with mn lvl20. I made hvy repeater that had metaline and aligned. Pretty nice to have. I know an arti can enchant it but I hate giving up deadly weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    I remember seeing an item though that said absolute min lvl 23. I don't have a screenshot but did see it.
    Planeforged and Celestial gear will be like that.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post

But as others have said normal epic gear can be disconuncted and crafted with a mn lvl 20. It is nice to have some epic DR breakers with mn lvl20. I made hvy repeater that had metaline and aligned. Pretty nice to have. I know an arti can enchant it but I hate giving up deadly weapons.
    A lot of items now have an Absolute Minimum Level because the item has better base stats than another item of the same kind, such as increased damage on weapons. Those are commonly looted in higher level content.

They gave them an AML because they would have just been too powerful to have in low level content if used in Cannith Crafting.