Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Green Dragon Armor Look

Havent seen any images of the green dragon armor floating around, aside from the female light, and male robe and medium- anyone got male light? would like to see image to determine which to make! (cuz we all know looking better while doin stuff > PRR XP )

Quote Originally Posted by doomteen007 View Post
    Havent seen any images of the green dragon armor floating around, aside from the female light, and male robe and medium- anyone got male light? would like to see image to determine which to make! (cuz we all know looking better while doin stuff > PRR XP )
    Actually, I would also love to see the male version of light armor since I cannot find it anywhere. The link above refers to a robe.
    Anyone got male dragonhide armor?

Unhappy Cormyrian Green Light Dragonhide Armor

So...
    I was searching for the picture of it everywhere. There was no such a thing. I called for help on the forum and facebook, no answer. What a surprise :/
    Being curious about it, I decided to create my own light version of green armor for my male TR (druid ATM) and give it a chance...
    What a mistake! Stats and everything is nice but.. It looks really awful! I feel like a male w***e while running in it. I am so disappointed now, since I was looking forward to its result for a very long time. So.. here is the picture, hope it might help to balance a decision of anybody else

I am glad I can still change form to animal or elemental and probably will buy armor kit (nice strategy to sell kits, turbine!) to cover it.
    (srsly, what is wrong with that crutch??) @.@
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Czekojin View Post
    So...
    I was searching for the picture of it everywhere. There was no such a thing. I called for help on the forum and facebook, no answer. What a surprise :/
    Being curious about it, I decided to create my own light version of green armor for my male TR (druid ATM) and give it a chance...
    What a mistake! Stats and everything is nice but.. It looks really awful! I feel like a male w***e while running in it. I am so disappointed now, since I was looking forward to its result for a very long time. So.. here is the picture, hope it might help to balance a decision of anybody else

I am glad I can still change form to animal or elemental and probably will buy armor kit (nice strategy to sell kits, turbine!) to cover it.
    (srsly, what is wrong with that crutch??) @.@
    Yeah, the light armor doesn't look all that great. The heavy looks incredible and is my end-game goal.

Community Member

So...
    It looks really awful! I feel like a male w***e while running in it.
    Boom Chiki Wow Wow!!

hhmmmm stormreach has no shortage then....... well im not supprised >

They create it ugly so you get a kit is my theory. Anyone remember blueshine armor before kits. Ugly as hell. But it matters not what it looks like but what it does.

Community Member

Thanks for the screenshot at long last! 'twas just wondering about what the light looked like again the other day- SOOOOOO glad i went with the robe!!!
    Proud Member of Captains Crew on Ghallanda

Schlaffer, FVS Healer; Schlaffen, Illusion Archmage CC; Schlaffy, Ice Savant; Daelamar, Light Monk

The female light armor is even worse.

It's a green merry widow with green thigh high stockings connected to the garters. The panties are more revealing than french cut, but more coverage than a thong.

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    The female light armor is even worse.

It's a green merry widow with green thigh high stockings connected to the garters. The panties are more revealing than french cut, but more coverage than a thong.
    Whoa whoa whoa- what you described is 100000% BETTER, but that's because it's on a female XP The female light look was leaked pretty early, and most of my guild wanted it on their chica's until they saw the stats :P Made me wish my healer was female, but sadly you can't change that through lr'ing, tr'ing, or even a store item -.-

Schlaffer, FVS Healer; Schlaffen, Illusion Archmage CC; Schlaffy, Ice Savant; Daelamar, Light Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by doomteen007 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa- what you described is 100000% BETTER, but that's because it's on a female XP The female light look was leaked pretty early, and most of my guild wanted it on their chica's until they saw the stats :P Made me wish my healer was female, but sadly you can't change that through lr'ing, tr'ing, or even a store item -.-
    Sounds like, as you say it, "most of your guild" needs to log off for awhile and go actually get laid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    Sounds like, as you say it, "most of your guild" needs to log off for awhile and go actually get laid.
    Indeed. The artists don't need more encouragement for poorly designed female armor. Players effectively giggling over the nipple drawings in the AD&D books are NOT helping.

Default An idea?

I was just thinking about this green dragon armor look and something came in my mind...

I know there are artists and ppl with great fantasy imagination or the pros at history (i am artist myself).
    How about to suggest turbine creative event where we could make armor drawings, sketches and all kinds of artworks suitable to our taste, and after that there would be voting for pictures of the light armor and the winning piece would represent the armor look we can see on the character (devs would have to make changes).

But I am not sure how that would go, or maybe it is just stupid idea and ddo is conservative. Also, I am not skilled forum user. Any opinions or suggestions?

Community Member

Wink

I was just thinking about this green dragon armor look and something came in my mind...

I know there are artists and ppl with great fantasy imagination or the pros at history (i am artist myself).
    How about to suggest turbine creative event where we could make armor drawings, sketches and all kinds of artworks suitable to our taste, and after that there would be voting for pictures of the light armor and the winning piece would represent the armor look we can see on the character (devs would have to make changes).

But I am not sure how that would go, or maybe it is just stupid idea and ddo is conservative. Also, I am not skilled forum user. Any opinions or suggestions?
    Eh, they have farrr too many concerns at this time to deal with that is my guess- however, i fully endorse the idea

And yeah, many of said guildies DO need to get laid- but, EGH!! XP I think there IS a place for w****ish armor, but more female armors that look like armor also have their place, agreed

Community Member

Yikes! That is embarassingly trashy. Thank you for making this thread, may it serve as a PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Clatterfist View Post
    Yikes! That is embarassingly trashy. Thank you for making this thread, may it serve as a PSA.
    It's a teen, Clatter. It isn't even fully sapient yet.

Question

Why do the scales of the Green Dragon keep selling at around 300k plat lowest and top at 700k plat if it looks so terrible?
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

In order for the game to change the look they need to sell at 100k to 150k.

I agree that green scale dragon armor looks stupid.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

I do not get the spandex armor personally. It is just dumb looking. And really?

One knight stands on the battle field and looks at his fellow knight. He asks "Why are you wearing all that heavy armor is it not hot?" The knight replies "yes it is".
    "So why wear it? Check this new stuff out it is nice and cool and has dragon scales printed on it..nice huh?"

Later that day after the battle the knight in the heavy armor comes across his friend mutilated on the battlefield, looks down and says "That's why"

Sorry entertaining myself..But if people spend lots of tp..make it look good with bulk and not a leotard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast