Thread: Dragons!

Community Member

Default Dragons!

It seems that the dragons in Kings Forest are not quite as tough as the GH dragons.
    Because a guildie and I have been on a dragon hunting rampage lately. The green dragon in GH is insanely tough in GH, compared to the one in the forest.

Btw. These dragons are really well done.
    When they start coming for you, it is pretty darn unnerving.

Anyway, am I just imagining things, or are they different?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    It seems that the dragons in Kings Forest are not quite as tough as the GH dragons.
    Because a guildie and I have been on a dragon hunting rampage lately. The green dragon in GH is insanely tough in GH, compared to the one in the forest.

Btw. These dragons are really well done.
    When they start coming for you, it is pretty darn unnerving.

Anyway, am I just imagining things, or are they different?
    The dragon you encountered in King's Forest is also known under the name "squirrel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Kings forest is a level 21 Area. Gianthold is level 24. Shouldn't it be harder?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Dangit.

That would explain it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Yup!

Just like 3 Barrel is harder than Korthos, Sorrowdusk is harder than Tangleroot, Orchard is harder than Red Fens, Vale is harder than Sands, Amrath is harder than Vale, House Cannith Raid Slayers are harder than SubT!

We get certain slayer zones that buck this trend yes just like we get certain quests that don't really fit the level they're at {The Snitch, Lords of Dust - Easy for the level OR Proof is in the Poison, In the Flesh - Way harder than quests 2 levels higher}.
    The High Road fits in here - Too easy for it's level {except for the Bear Druid which is insane}.

GH Dragons are MEANT to be harder than King's Forest Dragons!

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Hmm I have an easier time killing the GH dragons with my monk than I do in the forest.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Yup!

Just like 3 Barrel is harder than Korthos, Sorrowdusk is harder than Tangleroot, Orchard is harder than Red Fens, Vale is harder than Sands, Amrath is harder than Vale, House Cannith Raid Slayers are harder than SubT!

We get certain slayer zones that buck this trend yes just like we get certain quests that don't really fit the level they're at {The Snitch, Lords of Dust - Easy for the level OR Proof is in the Poison, In the Flesh - Way harder than quests 2 levels higher}.
    The High Road fits in here - Too easy for it's level {except for the Bear Druid which is insane}.

GH Dragons are MEANT to be harder than King's Forest Dragons!
    Yeah, I guess I never paid attention to the difference in lvls for those areas.
    I was just thinking, epic slayer areas, dragons, and woohoo!

Agreed about the High Road, the bear and druid are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Yup!

We get certain slayer zones that buck this trend
    Is the part I bolded actually true? Subterrane is one wilderness which most definitely "bucks the trend" -- it's way harder than its supposed level 16.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I seem to still have trouble finding dragons in GH though I admit I have tended to focus on where I am going.

Should I be watching the sky? Is that the problem?

Subterrane...wow..I went back in their recently on a whim on my L25 ED'd Pally, was nice to be able to survive. For many levels I just completely wrote that entire place off.

Ought to be a big red "DANGER ZONE" sign on the entrance to the place...

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Is the part I bolded actually true? Subterrane is one wilderness which most definitely "bucks the trend" -- it's way harder than its supposed level 16.

Well normal GH now has CR17 Storm Giants that are immune to Paralyzing (no save or immune icon, it just doesn't work) and can save vs Nightmare Force damage just about all the time (the death on a 20 seems to get them though). They must have a will save of over 30.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    I seem to still have trouble finding dragons in GH though I admit I have tended to focus on where I am going.

Should I be watching the sky? Is that the problem?

Subterrane...wow..I went back in their recently on a whim on my L25 ED'd Pally, was nice to be able to survive. For many levels I just completely wrote that entire place off.

Ought to be a big red "DANGER ZONE" sign on the entrance to the place...
    Actually, finding dragons in gh is not too bad. when you jump off to the right near the entrance, there is a spot not far from there to the NE I believe, where I've run across the most dragons.
    I have found another spot, a lot farther in where a red dragon mashed me into paste.

If a thread has 'dragons' as the only word in the title, then it deserves this:

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    if a thread has 'dragons' as the only word in the title, then it deserves this:

lol

I don't know. My level 22 Barbarian had no problems dispatching two green dragons (red named, mind you) in eGH with just a FVS hire.

Same barbarian, same level, I have a hell of a hard time against the first green dragon (in the swamp area) of KF (also....purple named) with my fvs hire, my wife (light monk on a path) and her hire (Wyoh). The one in KF is CR26....it seems the ones in GH are CR27....but red named vs purple named.

It feels to me as though the ones in KF hit just a tiny bit harder but have higher hit points.
    Cevon - Nature's Arrow (17 Dru/2 Mnk/1 Wiz HE AA), Shorlong - Pale Master (18 Wiz/2 Monk)
    Gorgnak - Frenzied Barbarian, Krazig - Dark Knight Paladin
    Xanapheia - Fighting Soul (18 FvS/2 Ftr), Addanc - Bearbarian Tank (12 Dru/6 Ftr/2 Brb)
    Thelanis - Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FZTopaz View Post
    I don't know. My level 22 Barbarian had no problems dispatching two green dragons (red named, mind you) in eGH with just a FVS hire.

Same barbarian, same level, I have a hell of a hard time against the first green dragon (in the swamp area) of KF (also....purple named) with my fvs hire, my wife (light monk on a path) and her hire (Wyoh). The one in KF is CR26....it seems the ones in GH are CR27....but red named vs purple named.

It feels to me as though the ones in KF hit just a tiny bit harder but have higher hit points.
    My lvl 21 (at that time) light monk was just beaten senseless in gh against the green (red named) dragon, but he was completely solo, no hire or panther. Shouldn't have even attempted it, but hey, it was in my way.
    But on my lvl 24 arti, along with two guildies, one a lvl 23 healer and another lvl 23 arti we barely defeated the green, we took turns releasing as we'd get killed, to hold the instance, it took WAY longer than it should have.
    Then a few nights later, we killed the white dragon fairly quickly with my lvl 24 arti, and the lvl 24 healer. we had hires, our panthers, and my dog. Don't know if that affects the scaling, but it may have.
    And last night, we (same 3 aforementioned players with hire, dogs and panthers) killed the KF green dragon on two occasions, and we barely got touched.

I don't recall seeing any purple named dragons...but I could have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    It's a raid zone, no scaling if you decide to venture in alone. Same with Cannith raid areas (not the first wilderness zone in the Manufactury).
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"