Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Default The Druid's Curse-optional hag encounter question

K so I have on 4 occasions made my way to the optional forest hag area to try and pull me some top tier Ivy Wraps. Each time I moved into the area I have found nothing but earth ellies could not find the hag. Is there more to getting her spawn such as killing all the earth ellies or breaking all the breakables in her area? I realize 4 times is not much at all. Considering the work it takes me to get there (2 times solo, 2 times with a friend) on EE, I wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something as Ive yet to actually come across her. Will try a few more times today but dont want to blow hour upon hour looking if there is something key to spawning her. Of note I have been sneaking by the ranger and going directly to the Hag area. Maybe I have to kill him and his spider first to spawn her?
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Pirate Cursed

I've never seen them both spawn, only one or the other. Granted I've only done that quest 4 or 5 times. Have you tried going to her side first?

Quote Originally Posted by pr0phet00 View Post
    I've never seen them both spawn, only one or the other. Granted I've only done that quest 4 or 5 times. Have you tried going to her side first?
    If you mean the cubby with the fire pit( first one on the leftish)..I usually pass thru it first b4 winding down to the end...by that time I usually have a lot of earth ellies trailing me....bang out the closest ones then recall. Ive never actually killed all the ellies though. Just finished a 5th run in there...same deal tons of earth ellies ...no hag. Its kinda fun clearing there but without a hag spawn soon that flame is gonna flicker out quick lol.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

LOL...I think I have been checking the wrong place this whole time. I think she is supposed to spawn in the grove where all the vine horrors spawn off to the right before going to the ranger grove. I have been going passed this and sneaking up into the rocky ledge..and all the earth ellies. I think Ive gotta go after the vine horror grove behind the breakable root. Sigh..no wonder Ive never seen her
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Pirate Cursed

Ahhh, I get it. Yes I've never seen anything spawn up there. The hag, at least in my mind is a mirror of the ranger (opposite side of the main map).

Good luck.

Edit: AFICR, she's in the "Marshy Bog" area. Can't recall if it's labeled as such or if that was just my impression. Swampy like area next to a bog tree. Can't actually confirm until Thursday, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

On about my 10th run I think? They are blending together..anyhow got the hag to spawn. No wraps in the chest but only one pull at it so not suprising...guess I found something fun to do anyhow
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Well it took 2 more runs .....got the Hag to spawn on I think my 12th run? Anyhow it was just me but wraps did drop. So I encountered her twice and pulled a set. Thats not a bad drop rate or I was very lucky...kinda psyched the hardwork finally paid off though.
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Grats.

TY for info

Now to gird my monks loins and loot a pair myself.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Quote Originally Posted by akiraproject24 View Post
    Well it took 2 more runs .....got the Hag to spawn on I think my 12th run? Anyhow it was just me but wraps did drop. So I encountered her twice and pulled a set. Thats not a bad drop rate or I was very lucky...kinda psyched the hardwork finally paid off though.
    I opened that chest on EE 6 times, and 2 more on hard, no wraps for my monk. So.... yes, they have bad drop rate.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

Community Member

Default Hag no show

I have ran the quest about 10 times. I've yet to have the hag spawn. I was wondering the same thing about possibly doing something that prevents the spawn or not doing something needed to spawn her. I've been doing it on epic hard for the lvl 23 version. If anyone has figured out any secrets to spawning the hag, I'd love to hear them. I want to get the wraps before I TR, but I'm not going to wait forever and it's annoying that the whole thing is futile since I get nothing else really for doing this quest over and over as the chests have all hit ransack and the xp has dropped to nearly nothing. Sadly, too poor to just buy them on AH. *grin*

Community Member

Not too sure about secrets to spawn her, but i know in the normal version if you enter her area and see vine horrors she is NOT up. You can recall and restart at that point. I'd assume the vine horrors being there means she is not up in Epic versions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by akiraproject24 View Post
    LOL...I think I have been checking the wrong place this whole time. I think she is supposed to spawn in the grove where all the vine horrors spawn off to the right before going to the ranger grove. I have been going passed this and sneaking up into the rocky ledge..and all the earth ellies. I think Ive gotta go after the vine horror grove behind the breakable root. Sigh..no wonder Ive never seen her
    Yah, for me she's spawned behind that breakable root at about a 25% rate... no wraps so far, tho.

guildies did an EE run for the wraps. I enter when i finished what i was in, after they had been waiting a bit, and pulled the wraps.
    Stuck around to help others, 6 looks, no hag. With the effort it takes to get to her for 6 no shows it is bloody ridiculous.
    LEGION - Long Live Xoriat
    DrakfuMnkDrakbahBrbDrakkoniquePMDrakkennPMDrakabethRn18/M/RoDrakkleeBowfajDrakketteSor
    DrakardiSorDrakfeyFVSDrakmereFVSDrakicerArtDrakkenaPalDrakkerrBrdDrakkessaDruDrakulKenDrakkorethClc
    32pt 34pt 36pt 7+TR

Quote Originally Posted by Drak View Post
    guildies did an EE run for the wraps. I enter when i finished what i was in, after they had been waiting a bit, and pulled the wraps.
    Stuck around to help others, 6 looks, no hag. With the effort it takes to get to her for 6 no shows it is bloody ridiculous.
    I cleaned by myself on EE 11 times with no hag. In the 12 run the hag spawned and some guildies came and helped pulling a pair for my monk. On the next run, the hag showed again and we pulled another two wraps.
    Thelanis - Officer of Reinos Olvidados: Henkyh, Neghi, Konokka, Kufei, Bartolomew, Rovinh, Artinata

No lie, no exaggeration. I have run to the Hag spawn area 30x on my lvl 25 monk. Running Heroic Elite to try and pull lvl 17 wraps for another toon on my account, a level 19 Drunk.

Hag has spawned 4x. When I see she has spawned, I get all my guildies to join up and run to the chest before it is opened.

Not one single pair of wraps has dropped for us. Not one.

This is completely ridiculous.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    This is completely ridiculous.
    Yes it is. The hag has a terrible spawn rate. The wraps have an even worse drop rate. IMO, they really, really arent' worth grinding for at the current spawn and drop rates.

Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    IMO, they really, really arent' worth grinding for at the current spawn and drop rates.
    That's no lie. OK, then, suggestions for something to tide me over until I can use the Grave Wrappings? I don't feel like HOX now that the Tharaak wraps have been nerfed, and our guild doesn't run any of the Cannith raids, so what else can I wrap around my tree-like wrists which will do decent damage? I could craft up something decent (crafting skills > 120 each school) but I'd like something better.

Wow, this must be a new change then - when I was running it several months ago, she always spawned when I ran to her area. So I thought she was a permanent mob there. It sounds like that's a no.

Anyways, I never pulled anything useful out of her chest.
    Last edited by Singular; 03-20-2013 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Wow, this must be a new change then - when I was running it several months ago, she always spawned when I ran to her area. So I thought she was a permanent mob there. It sounds like that's a no.

Anyways, I never pulled anything useful out of her chest.
    No.

I run on EE when the pack came out, and did 11 runs without the hag spawn. You need luck for the hag to spawn and more luck again for a wraps to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Henky View Post
    No.

I run on EE when the pack came out, and did 11 runs without the hag spawn. You need luck for the hag to spawn and more luck again for a wraps to drop.
    Wow, ok. Well, I'm certainly not going to go back and try! She won't be there now that I know better!