Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Has anyone attempted to take a third class level while having Epic levels? It seems like this issue may have been fixed, but I can dig around if this is still not working.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Has anyone attempted to take a third class level while having Epic levels? It seems like this issue may have been fixed, but I can dig around if this is still not working.
    your joking right? this bug has been live for almost a year. you want us to test it with rare drops/store bought items, to risk getting a character stuck on the ship? and how long will we be caught in the ticket auto close infinite loop of turbine support after we get stuck.
    i gave up on turbine fixing this issue so i just did a full tr on my main character, got to keep my epic xp, and preemptively got the hell away from clerics before the enhance fiasco goes down. good luck to anyone brave enough to find out if turbine fixed this.

you will forgive me if i do not believe patch notes or turbine employees when they say something is fixed(looking at you spell crits), much less when they say i think it might be fixed.

I might could test it with Fawngold, but I would need some help getting some epic xp to gain 21.
    She is pure haggle.
    I guess epic normal and/or hard would do it.

Login to your character. Try it yourself. Your welcome.

Ah, sorry for the confusion, I remember this one now. The bug (as I understand it) doesn't prevent someone with three classes from LRing (except it can cause issues as described below.) Rather, it prevents someone with three classes from taking a class they don't already have during the +LR process. This is an issue that is being addressed, hopefully in the near future.

What's happening is that we have a limitation in the game that you can only have three classes, and during the LR process, the system already knows what three classes you had. So, while you - should - be able to use a +LR to take a class you don't already have, provided that at the end you end up with three classes, the system gets bugged because it treats that new class as a fourth class. Which means under certain circumstances you can become stuck on the airship and need GM assistance.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Ah, sorry for the confusion, I remember this one now. The bug (as I understand it) doesn't prevent someone with three classes from LRing (except it can cause issues as described below.) Rather, it prevents someone with three classes from taking a class they don't already have during the +LR process. This is an issue that is being addressed, hopefully in the near future.

What's happening is that we have a limitation in the game that you can only have three classes, and during the LR process, the system already knows what three classes you had. So, while you - should - be able to use a +LR to take a class you don't already have, provided that at the end you end up with three classes, the system gets bugged because it treats that new class as a fourth class. Which means under certain circumstances you can become stuck on the airship and need GM assistance.
    If you re-read the OP, they are going from 20 levels of fvs, into a 17/2/1 split. Not sure how 20 levels of FvS counts as 3 separate classes.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    If you re-read the OP, they are going from 20 levels of fvs, into a 17/2/1 split. Not sure how 20 levels of FvS counts as 3 separate classes.
    It could be that the system is being fooled because there are 3 syllables in favored soul. Therefore making it think there are already 3 classes already.

If you reread the OP, he was going from 20FvS/5Epic to 17FvS/2Paladin/1Wizard/5Epic. According to LR rules, that's illegal.

So, he went to 17FvS/3Wizard/5Epic instead.

Then he attempted LR again after 1 week. But Going from 17FvS/3Wizard/5Epic to 17FvS/2Paladin/1Wizard/5 Epic still has the original problem. It still has 4 classes listed in there as treated by the LR system and was deemed illegal.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    If you reread the OP, he was going from 20FvS/5Epic to 17FvS/2Paladin/1Wizard/5Epic. According to LR rules, that's illegal.

So, he went to 17FvS/3Wizard/5Epic instead.

Then he attempted LR again after 1 week. But Going from 17FvS/3Wizard/5Epic to 17FvS/2Paladin/1Wizard/5 Epic still has the original problem. It still has 4 classes listed in there as treated by the LR system and was deemed illegal.
    Why is the 17/2/1 illegal? If he used a +3 heart and started as a pure class, he should have been able to take 2 additional classes. Because it was counting EPIC levels as a class? I guess I don't understand the issue, and how a pure level 20 class can be blocked from doing a +3 heart to add in 2 more classes.

It must be working on newer LRs, because I recently (2-3 weeks ago I think) went from a 20druid/3epic to 17druid/2monk/1wizard/3epic with no issues.

Strange.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Because it was counting EPIC levels as a class?
    Yes it was.

However, he may now need someone with admin database access to fix him as it sounds like he got stuck in an odd condition.

Default gm

Did anyone mention you CAN'T contact a GM while on the ship?

Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

Community Member

Smile So someone did try it recently then

Why is the 17/2/1 illegal? If he used a +3 heart and started as a pure class, he should have been able to take 2 additional classes. Because it was counting EPIC levels as a class? I guess I don't understand the issue, and how a pure level 20 class can be blocked from doing a +3 heart to add in 2 more classes.

It must be working on newer LRs, because I recently (2-3 weeks ago I think) went from a 20druid/3epic to 17druid/2monk/1wizard/3epic with no issues.

Strange.
    Ah, so it seems that you have done what Cordovan asked and tried it recently Rest! Good news then, if it works

Default Not fixed yet

Hello people. I was checking the forums during the maintenance and I saw this topic.

I was really afraid of LRing my toons once u19 is on live, why?

Here is my response to your question Cordovan, 1 week ago I was on Lamannia and I received that +20 lesser heart of wood.
    My toon was Paladin 15/Ranger 3/Monk 2, I tried to LR into Fighter 12/ Ranger 4/Monk 4, so I started with 2 paladin levels and then 2 monk levels...when I tried to get a fighter level the game didn't let me, the same known issue came to my window "you can't have more than 3 classes". And I got stick with being Paladin/Monk or getting Ranger levels only, like Ranger took the 3rd class slot even without taking it.
    I tried a lot but with no sucess, so my response is: No, it's not fixed.

I hope turbine fix it before u19 or it will mess with every single toon in the game due to Enhancement Pass.
    You know what I mean.

Laters ^_^

Edit: Yes, 5 Epic levels too
    Last edited by Kyshara; 07-24-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyshara View Post
    Here is my response to your question Cordovan, 1 week ago I was on Lamannia and I received that +20 lesser heart of wood.

My toon was Paladin 15/Ranger 3/Monk 2, I tried to LR into Fighter 12/ Ranger 4/Monk 4, so I started with 2 paladin levels and then 2 monk levels...when I tried to get a fighter level the game didn't let me, the same known issue came to my window "you can't have more than 3 classes". And I got stick with being Paladin/Monk or getting Ranger levels only, like Ranger took the 3rd class slot even without taking it.
    Unfortunately, people (including Cordovan) are talking about different things in this thread.

1. Pure class epic level characters unable to LR into a 3 class multiclass. This is the original problem which the known issues state cannot be done successfully. I can test this on Lamannia to see if it is still a problem. I suspect it is.

2. Any character with a 3 class multiclass that wants to dump one or more classes and end up with a new/different character class.

In the post above the reason that the first levels work alright is because it is taking monk and paladin -- classes the character already has. But, ranger cannot be replaced by fighter because that would be a 4th character class -- even if only temporarily -- and a 4 class multiclass is not allowed.

Now, the root cause of the problem may be the same (or at least similar) since in situation 1 a player can change to a 2 class plus epic levels character during the LR. The game can very well be counting the epic levels as if they were a character class and thus stopping the third class from being taken.

But, it isn't exactly the same problem.

For the upcoming release the issue of dropping an unwanted class is going to exist and the forums will probably explode with angry players. But, it is not possible to swap out to a 4th character class -- even temporarily. And, if you read the description on the +20 heartwood it clearly states that this is the situation with it as well.

The only solution is to first eliminate ALL of one class by going from a 3 class multiclass to a 2 class multiclass. You can then add in the third class.

Now, if you know the levels at which you took the various classes AND if you are planning enough levels in the 2 classes you want to keep then you might be able to do this in a single reincarnate. Otherwise you have to do this in 2 or more reincarnations.

And, because of the issue in 1 above it might not be possible to overcome this at all since the solution involves a reincarnation to get to 2 classes first -- and the no third class for epic characters will probably kick in.

However, I'll test it on Lamannia and let you know.

I hope turbine fix it before u19 or it will mess with every single toon in the game due to Enhancement Pass.
    You know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    For the upcoming release the issue of dropping an unwanted class is going to exist and the forums will probably explode with angry players. But, it is not possible to swap out to a 4th character class -- even temporarily. And, if you read the description on the +20 heartwood it clearly states that this is the situation with it as well.
    Same thing.

Now Cordovan's question

My post was a response to him.

I tried a lot but with no sucess, so my response is: No, it's not fixed.
    You made a big post to repeat what Cordovan, other people and I typed on our posts.

Laters.

Now that Lamannia is back up I went there with 3 different characters that I transferred in. All 3 received +20 heart woods.

Character #1 I leveled up as a pure class character and took 1 epic level. I then reincarnated. I was able to change to a 3 class multiclass character with no problem.

Character #2 I leveled up as a 2 class multiclass character and took epic levels to L28. I then reincarnated and was able to add a 3rd class to become a 3 class multiclass character.

Character #3 I leveled up as a 3 class multiclass character and took epic levels to L28. I then reincarnated. I was only able to retain the 3 classes I already had. I could not hold a 4th class even temporarily in order to swap out an unwanted class.

IMO this means that it is all WAI since even at present you cannot hold a 4th character class -- even if it is only temporary. And, it appears that whatever was going on with epic levels that prevented a 3rd heroic class is fixed.

One suggestion: Since it won't be necessary for every character to use the LR20 heart wood Turbine might consider making it Bind to Account instead of Bind to Character. This would allow players to switch over any heart woods they did not use to one single character where multiple LRs would be needed to effect a total class change.

IMO there will be only a few characters that are really impacted by the upcoming changes so this might be a solution that would be workable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyshara View Post
    My post was a response to him.

You made a big post to repeat what Cordovan, other people and I typed on our posts.
    Well, I am not completely confused by your initial post and I'm not totally confused by your present post -- but, I do have some questions.

First, you were Paladin 15/Ranger 3/Monk 2 and you wanted to become Fighter 12/Ranger 4/Monk4.

Second, you started your LR with Paladin 2/Monk 2.

Third, since you were not planning on any Paladin levels (you wanted to replace all of your Paladin with Fighter 12/Ranger 1/Monk 2), why on earth did you take the 2 Paladin levels? Did you forget what you were doing? Or, did you want something different from what you've posted?

Now, I don't know the order in which you took your character classes. So, it could be that you are just completely out of luck no matter what. Your best solution is to LR3 to become Paladin 16/Monk4. Now wait and LR20 to Fighter 16/Monk 4. Finally, wait again and LR5 to Fighter 12/Ranger 4/Monk 4.

It seems eminently unfair that you should have to do that. But, since you don't seem to know what it is you want in any case it hardly seems critical that we spend a great deal of time trying to help you find a better alternative.

Bottom line is this, you cannot now and will likely never be able to select a 4th character class without multiple reincarnations to fix what you have to become what you want.

Turbine's change to the enhancement system is going to impact some subset of players. I suspect it won't really be that many. I know that in my personal case I won't have any characters that absolutely need to LR. I'll likely use the LR in idle and wasteful ways readjusting stat points or changing my appearance -- but the number of characters made obsolete by the changes will be none for me.

I feel for the situations like yours where 2 or 3 LRs will be needed to "fix" characters. This is why I suggested in my last post that Turbine consider making the heart woods BtA instead of BtC. At least you won't need to spend TP on heart woods if they do that -- unless, of course, every one of your characters is a problem build.

...and need GM assistance.
    That's a whole nother issue. As the OP shows, GM assistance is inconsistent and often insufficient. This has been an issue since at least as long as I've been here. There is obviously a major break in the communication chain between the GM team and the rest of Turbine. I've cried ISO many times, no idea if that's getting through to anyone on your end or not. In any case, the problems involving inadequate GM assistance, inconsistent service, bad information, etc., really needs to be addressed. In this instance as in most others, if the GM had read the OPs issue, had the Known Issues on hand, had proper training, or at the very least had good software to help him, then the OP would have been helped immediately and not had to waste TP, escalate, make phone calls, get frustrated, and so on.

Don't you think it's about time that in-game support gets fixed?

And, more to the current worries: Will the 3classLR issue be addressed BEFORE we are given our +20LR tokens? If not, are you prepared for the influx of tickets that will be submitted? What I'm asking is, Does Turbine have a plan in place for Enhancement Pass launch day with respect to this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    ...and need GM assistance.
    That's a whole nother issue. As the OP shows, GM assistance is inconsistent and often insufficient. This has been an issue since at least as long as I've been here. There is obviously a major break in the communication chain between the GM team and the rest of Turbine. I've cried ISO many times, no idea if that's getting through to anyone on your end or not. In any case, the problems involving inadequate GM assistance, inconsistent service, bad information, etc., really needs to be addressed. In this instance as in most others, if the GM had read the OPs issue, had the Known Issues on hand, had proper training, or at the very least had good software to help him, then the OP would have been helped immediately and not had to waste TP, escalate, make phone calls, get frustrated, and so on.

Don't you think it's about time that in-game support gets fixed?
    The issue of GM assistance in this case is a non-issue. As I have already tested, the game no longer mistakenly treats epic levels as a 3rd heroic class. As a result, the specific issue being addressed by OP and Cordovan is fixed and currently works properly.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    And, more to the current worries: Will the 3classLR issue be addressed BEFORE we are given our +20LR tokens? If not, are you prepared for the influx of tickets that will be submitted? What I'm asking is, Does Turbine have a plan in place for Enhancement Pass launch day with respect to this issue?
    Why should it be?

Here's the problem. Someone will take a 4th character class during the LR and keep it, ending up in game with 4 classes. That would be an intentional exploit. Yet, Turbine cannot be expected to keep track of every character or to police the behavior. So, some players end up with "cheat" characters.

Unless others report them in game those people will get away with a deliberate exploit and, because of the way the new enhancement system works, there's no telling what "super" characters might emerge.

So, Turbine is completely right to continue its 3 classes maximum policy for multiclass characters. It really is not an issue -- or at least no more of an issue than it is at the moment for people with 3 classes. If you want to change out a whole class then you have to first drop to 2 classes, then do a complete switch out of the class you don't want, and finally add back in the third class.

To repeat, you CAN take a 3rd class during the LR. You CANNOT change out a class if you have 3 classes already without multiple LRs. That is how it is presently anyway, so WAI.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast