Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member V_mad_jester_V's Avatar

Default Please make Shiridi champion epic

I know its an epic destiny BUT, it sorta sucks. I have a heavy repeater build, and well its bout the best option. Legendary dosent work all the great, shadow dancer is better for assassin/acrobat rogues. So the ranged get stuck with Champion.

STay good 7% to do 3d10 extra light damage. Are you serious? volcanic edge for legendary dose 100 + 10d100 for crit with 15 sec cool down timer.
    Stay good, stay frosty, and the other offensive stance i cant remember atm need to be combat buttons, with 20-15 sec cool down timers and also should do considerable amount more damage. This is far from an epic like destiny. It'll fit better as a heoric enhancements for rangers/mech rogues/arties. So please bring this ed up to par with the rest of them, cuz honestly you guys really made a terrible one here.
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

otto's whistler btw needs to work ALL THE TIME, mobs should not save on a single target ability that dosent state saves needed, and probably no way to raise the chance to proc. its a COMPLETE waste of points to even put into cuz all i've seen is 'save" from ottos whistler. Its total bull, then you have to wait 15 sec to use it again, but by that time the mobs are dead. i spent my money on ed's i want ed's. Thats why their called >epic< destines, not humdrum destines, not heoric destines, but epic. And any one who has used the champion tree should know how useless this tree is.

Stay good dose up to 3d10 dmg? so up to 30 extra good damage, what a laugh.
    Stay frosty dose up to 3d20 dmg? so up to 60 extra cold damage, again what a laugh
    prism dose up to 2d10 dmg? so up to 20 dmg random, and yet again a joke

volanic edge, the thunder hammer, and all those in legendary dose 100+ damage. while the champion stances only gives you 7% to proc? JOKE YOU GUYS ARE FRIGGEN JOKERS!

These stances should be able to be activated all at the same time if you guys are going to insist on keeping this idiotic tree the same, cuz other wise whats the point of having this as a ranged.

This is the only ranged tree, you can take fate singer but i already worked through legendary to get to champion. And im running outta epic quest to farm my ed's. Please take this waste of your time of a epic dest, and make it what it should be EPIC. Ty

/end angry rant about crappy epic destiny that could potentially be good for all ranged players.
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Volcanic Edge does 100 FIRE damage every 15 seconds with extra damage on critical or vorpal.
    Stay Good does 3d20 LIGHT damage, 7% of the time or 2.205 damage/hit AND CHANGES YOUR DAMAGE TO GOOD.

There is little doubt that being about to change Pinion into a DR breaker makes Stay Good vastly superior to Volcanic Edge.

For a crossbow build I'd go with Shadowdancer actually, the epic moment is really strong for ranged builds (10d6 AoE, 30% of the time) and you should have a high intelligence to make use of the DC related abilities, choosing between Consume and Oncoming Darkness is tough though.

Prism stance has a 7% chance of 2d10 random ability damage, 1d100 random damage and another random effect - some of which are really good for CC purposes. I'm not sure if the ability damage is valuable but if it works you'd expect that when the ability damage procs that many enemies will have 2-3 stats below 20 giving a decent chance of incapping them for autocrit damage. 1d100 damage, 7% of the time is 3.5 average damage which is like a free pure good being applied to your weapon and in the expansion pack most of the drow don't seem to have resistances so you get the full force of that. Not sure how good Double Rainbow is but there's a pretty interesting list of effects that are possible.

Seems possible that this ED could use improvement but at least most of the abilities are working unlike many of the abilities in many of the other destinies and iirc something is not wai that is actually benefiting players (seems you can have stay frosty and stay good or prism active at the same time somehow though that may have been fixed by now).

I do know that when I have this destiny active (currently level 4) and am not being lazy that I'm competitive in the kill counts on my arcane archer despite playing with some of the best players in this game so maybe it isn't the destiny that is lacking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

I would have TR'd out of my monkcher if not for Shiradi.
    Sicks and Tymn on Orien.

the only damage i typically see is the force damage granted to you from being champion. I am not level 3 in the champion tree almost level 4. My damage with a cross bow is 30 less then an arti build. Most artis i talk to do 60-70 dmg per bolt meaning 180-210 dmg per burst. I do 50-60 dmg per bolt so 150-180 per burst.

Also i dont see any gold damage applied in stay good stance, only the occasional 30 ish damage it dose, but not often. It dosent break any dr ever from what i can tell. I wouldnt be so bad off if they did something like each stance dose a gaurenteed amount of damage every time not 7% chance, and would make any weapon you hold pure good/cold/random (random being a damage type not weapon type held so prism would be the only exception).

still doesnt change that ottos whistler really blows, so dose pin. Too many mobs save through them on epic content. They should gaurentee that their effect procs as long as you hit your target, no chance to save. Cuz so far outta the 500+ mobs i've killed i can still keep count of how many mobs i got to make dance and that its not an outstanding number at all (12 only 12 mobs danced so far, i've been counted cuz i noticed mobs save throgh it) again that is absolutely stupid. And like i said by the time i get to use it again everything is dead, and since it dosent work on bosses it needs to proc 100% of the time.

the only worth while abilities i've gotten is the granted ones from leveling up the destiny, healing spring, and the one that give syou prot from elements. wild arc blades is iight, dose nice amount of dmg.

this ed is really not up to par with the word epic.I cant wait to see what good rain of arrows is, but other than that, the rest of this entire tree is trash.
    Last edited by V_mad_jester_V; 08-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.

also i just read through the shadow dancer tree, and its cool and all, but i wouldnt use literally 99& of what that tree offers. I would benefit from the sneak attack dmg, but thats really it. I dont need all that shadow **** that lets me "blend with my surroundigns" thats not my build. Champion if improved is still a better option then shadow dancer. And im not going to level up an epic des only to use 3 abilities in the entire tree.

*edit* the only thing i would take shadow dancer for is the extra sneak attack, my disable is currently 75, so i dont need that bonus. Im 12 levels wiz so i can be incorporal, so i dont need that bonus. only thing i would use is int/dex boost
    Last edited by V_mad_jester_V; 08-27-2012 at 08:20 PM.

My only problem with Shiradi Champion is all of the extra damage procs only activate 7% of the time. I wish there were more things that procced on every hit. SC is potentially potent, but it's way too random. I would like some consistency in my stances and activated abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    My only problem with Shiradi Champion is all of the extra damage procs only activate 7% of the time. I wish there were more things that procced on every hit. SC is potentially potent, but it's way too random. I would like some consistency in my stances and activated abilities.
    exactly, i would be happy with 10-20 extra damage per attack, not %.

so when in stay good you do 10-20 light damage per attack/bolt/arrow/thrown same goes with stay frosty, and prism will always do 10-20 random damage type per attack/bolts/arrow/thrown

Quote Originally Posted by V_mad_jester_V View Post
    the only damage i typically see is the force damage granted to you from being champion. I am not level 3 in the champion tree almost level 4. My damage with a cross bow is 30 less then an arti build. Most artis i talk to do 60-70 dmg per bolt meaning 180-210 dmg per burst. I do 50-60 dmg per bolt so 150-180 per burst.

Also i dont see any gold damage applied in stay good stance, only the occasional 30 ish damage it dose, but not often. It dosent break any dr ever from what i can tell. I wouldnt be so bad off if they did something like each stance dose a gaurenteed amount of damage every time not 7% chance, and would make any weapon you hold pure good/cold/random (random being a damage type not weapon type held so prism would be the only exception).

still doesnt change that ottos whistler really blows, so dose pin. Too many mobs save through them on epic content. They should gaurentee that their effect procs as long as you hit your target, no chance to save. Cuz so far outta the 500+ mobs i've killed i can still keep count of how many mobs i got to make dance and that its not an outstanding number at all (12 only 12 mobs danced so far, i've been counted cuz i noticed mobs save throgh it) again that is absolutely stupid. And like i said by the time i get to use it again everything is dead, and since it dosent work on bosses it needs to proc 100% of the time.

the only worth while abilities i've gotten is the granted ones from leveling up the destiny, healing spring, and the one that give syou prot from elements. wild arc blades is iight, dose nice amount of dmg.

this ed is really not up to par with the word epic.I cant wait to see what good rain of arrows is, but other than that, the rest of this entire tree is trash.
    Third rank of Stay Good makes your ranged weapons break good DR, rank 2 upgrades the damage from 3d10 to 3d20.

I've seen multiple enemies dance per use of otto's whistler at least doing EH drow MotU quests, I really like it. Don't have Pin at the moment as it didn't seem to work often enough.

Again, when I have this destiny activated I find myself competing in kill counts with some of the very best players of this game so if you find it lacking perhaps you need to look elsewhere for the issue.
    Build Index

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Third rank of Stay Good makes your ranged weapons break good DR, rank 2 upgrades the damage from 3d10 to 3d20.

I've seen multiple enemies dance per use of otto's whistler at least doing EH drow MotU quests, I really like it. Don't have Pin at the moment as it didn't seem to work often enough.

Again, when I have this destiny activated I find myself competing in kill counts with some of the very best players of this game so if you find it lacking perhaps you need to look elsewhere for the issue.
    its still dumb that ottos have a save chance and 15 sec cool down, it needs 0 save chance. That or make it a 3 sec cool down. A wiz or sorc can spam the ottos dance and sphere every what 3-5 sec? making ottos far more inferior to have then using a wiz/sorcs ottos. 15 sec and chance to save against it makes it gimped as frakk. Maybe your just lucky that it prots, but im not so lucky and i use it as often as possible. There seems to be no way of uping the dc of it either for it dosent tell you the type of dc check it makes.

still for stay good, only 7% chance to proc, its trashy, while every 15 seconds legendary can use theres. Theres no gaurentee that stay good will proc every 15 secs. I've been watching it, and i can tell you it only procs 5% of the time in an entire quest. Same goes for the rest of my stances.

my issue isnt competing with kills as you are very wrongly assuming, my dps is good enough to get into most groups, hell me a tank, a healer, and one ranger brought harry in shroud from 50% to 20% then it was brought down to me the tank and healer and we got him down to 5% the tank had no ED's and had trashy dps, its was me doing the dmg. Unfortunately the healer died and soon after the tank then myself (so friggen close)

anyways back to the point. Those stances should be allowed to be activ at the same time, especially since they only have a meager 7% chance to activate. That or my original statement and make it constant damage.

This tree has almost no consistency to it at all and it has the potential to being great.

so long story short dont judge my build, and dont go strictly off your good luck with using the ed. Cuz that luck isnt the same for every one. Stop making it a "well it works for me and blah blah blah" it should work for you. No WRONG. the champion tree is based upon luck and chance, nothing more. cuz its luck and chance that ottos or pin will proc, its luck and chance that you get the 7% stance to proc.

With all the things that you can get having that 7% chance, shiradri champion has some sweet dps. Not consistent, and definetly random, but sweet and high all the same. It does suck that whistler isnt effective though. Shiradri was designed with the random theme in mind, and I personally like it. It is epic, its just not your flavor of epic.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    With all the things that you can get having that 7% chance, shiradri champion has some sweet dps. Not consistent, and definetly random, but sweet and high all the same. It does suck that whistler isnt effective though. Shiradri was designed with the random theme in mind, and I personally like it. It is epic, its just not your flavor of epic.
    its literally the only one that works with my build. I dont need shadow dancer for i already posses many of the items it provides just through wizard levels.

its cool that its random not cool that its 7% random, not cool you can only have one stance active with that 7%, i wouldnt complain if it were letss say 25%

I think that you can get up to 35% chance for a random proc with double rainbow, once you hit level 5 of the destiny. That's just over 1/3 of all your hits.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    I think that you can get up to 35% chance for a random proc with double rainbow, once you hit level 5 of the destiny. That's just over 1/3 of all your hits.
    for just double rainbow? that dosent seem all that great

At teir 5, with double rainbow, and all the inates, and everything else you can get, you get something alot of 7% chance procs every shot. IIRC it ends up being a 70% chance for something to proc on every shot.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

If you don't like random chance then I'd say tha this is the wrong game for you. The very premise of D&D is dice rolls and random chance.

My character will have:
    5% chance of Freezing Ice
    5% chance of Earthgrab
    5% chance of Greater Stone Prison
    7% chance of 2d10 ability damage
    7% chance of 1d100 random damage
    7% chance of a random effect (which has been known to knock raid bosses over - Epic!)
    7% chance to paralyse
    5% chance to gain +1 attack and +1 diplomacy (stacks up to 10 times)
    7% chance for 10d10 sonic damage
    7% chance for 2d100 force damage

Along with everything else that the destiny offers.

What's your build again? Crossbow/wizard build? Sounds like the issue right there.

Audience with the Queen is the bomb I hear, I hope you've got some diplomacy.
    Build Index

If you don't like random chance then I'd say tha this is the wrong game for you. The very premise of D&D is dice rolls and random chance.

My character will have:
    5% chance of Earthgrab
    7% chance of a random effect (which has been known to knock raid bosses over - Epic!)
    7% chance to paralyse

What's your build again? Crossbow/wizard build? Sounds like the issue right there.

actually as an arti wizard he should be the god of shiradri. Repeater, rune arm, chainmissle sla, all in one.
    Matt Walsh:

That one place in that one state in that one country

Shiradi Champion is pretty good.
    If you put points into it you can get DR7/Cold Iron +25 Universal SPell power
    7% chance to cause any random effect in the game with some that we don't have access to normally (Freezing Ice, Necrotic cloud, etc...)
    7% chance to cause 2d10 ability score damage
    7% chance to do 2d100 random damage
    7% chance to do 2d100 sonic damage
    7% chance to do 2d100 force damage
    A Heal over time for 1d100/X Seconds and is effected by spell power and lore items

Otto's Whistling arrow DOES NOT have a save on it unless they nerfed it (which would be uncalled for). It just has a short duration and only works on enemies in the process of moving. Pin has no save to it and only works if they're not moving, though it doesn't fully work as the description says it does. Both abilities cause the target to be helpless.
    There is no way for them to save before or during said abilities being CORRECTLY and SUCCESSFULLY on them.

From what I've seen, the random effects from double rainbow are effected by spell power (which is freaking awesome for a earthquake/icestorm spamming druid).
    Wild Shots also supposedly is effected by the appropriate spell power.

Artis who are supposedly doing 50-60 points of damage probably have a huge intellegence score and use insightful damage along with damage amping gear, deadly weapons, and weapons with a high base damage to start. That's just guessing.

I am tied between Fatesinger and Shiradi with my full AA ranger. However now that tailwind has been nerfed I'll probably go back to Shiradi. Would have to recap my ranger to fully decide.

The problem is not shiradi champion, it's the fact that you don't know how to use it properly.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain

My character will have:
    5% chance of Earthgrab
    7% chance to paralyse

im only doing 30 less damage then most pure artis on my server, i make up for that using eldars, sonic blast, firewall, magic missle, and frost lance. so that makes up for the loss in dps from my bow.

12 wiz/ 7 rogue/ 1 fighter (for the feat) like i said me a tank (with low dps) a ranger (who died when harry was at 20%) leaving me with a low dps tank, a healer for the tank, and myself. we brought harry down to 5% before the three of us were killed. Again per bolt im -10, per burst im -30, but i make up for that and then some with spells.

12 wiz for self buffing/healing (wf) 7 rogue for sneak attack, 1 fighter for feat. No epic gear (currently level 24) and no sneak attack gear (so my dps has room to increase). If you think my build is trash then you think all arti builds are trash cuz with spells added to the mix i actually out dps most arti's i know and have talked to (i like to bust out the measuring tape to make sure my toon is up to par) so if you factor in the 150-180 damage per burst i do + 25-30 from fire wall + 25-30 from eldars i come out with about 200-240 dps. Then add in 5 dmg per magic missle and 20-30 damage from sonic blast. Again most artis i talk to only do about 60-70 damage per bolt 180-210 damage per 3 round burst. Most arcane archers i know do roughly 100-120 dmg per arrow, every arrow they loose i already shot a round off with my xbow. The only time they out beat my bow is while using many shot, but that cool down is so long they only have a quick burst of out dpsing me then its back to equal ground, same thing goes for arti endless fusalade (what ever its called) they have a 6 second span to out dps me, then its back to equal ground. Both of which i dont count cuz most of the time they use that for strictly bosses. Which is fine and all but in long run im on equal grounds with artis and rangers.

I dont mind chance but when that chance is nothing but 7% across the board then i do mind a little more. They are not earth grab, incinerate, or anything, hell their not even all that big damage. Whoop de doo i can do an extra 60 dmg with one of the stance 7% of the time, that leaves what 93% that im not doing up to 60 extra damage. Big increase in dps there!!!!!! The % chance is too too low, and this tree would be alot better with a higher % chance.

I just hit level 4 in champion and got points into what i wanted, and still no difference.

I think the champion build would be best if you could activate prism, stay good, and stay frosty at the same time, and bump up their % chance to 10%. if not then at least bump it up to 25% chance. You can throw out earth grab and all that fun stuff all you want but those should remain low.

My character will have:
    5% chance of Freezing Ice should increase to at least 8-10%
    5% chance of Earthgrab should increase to 8-10%
    5% chance of Greater Stone Prison should stay at this % chance
    7% chance of 2d10 ability damage should be higher % chance cuz you can only do additional 20 dmg
    7% chance of 1d100 random damage should stay as is
    7% chance of a random effect (which has been known to knock raid bosses over - Epic!) iffy about this cuz i've seen myself heal mobs for 200+ hp using this stance
    7% chance to paralyse should work like paralyzing weapons (meaning mobs must make constant saves every time they are struck
    5% chance to gain +1 attack and +1 diplomacy (stacks up to 10 times) should stay due to its ability to stack
    7% chance for 10d10 sonic damage should stay as is
    7% chance for 2d100 force damage should stay as is

the ones im looking to change are the ones that only add 40-60 damage for a 7% chance, big whoop. Barbs, fighters, and paladins can easily achieve that with 100% with cool down timers. My friend uses his volcanic edge more often then i see the extra cold or light damage. Heck he can use his volcanic edge 30 times before i can see my light or cold damage proc 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rian View Post
    Otto's Whistling arrow DOES NOT have a save on it unless they nerfed it (which would be uncalled for). It just has a short duration and only works on enemies in the process of moving. Pin has no save to it and only works if they're not moving, though it doesn't fully work as the description says it does. Both abilities cause the target to be helpless.
    There is no way for them to save before or during said abilities being CORRECTLY and SUCCESSFULLY on them.
    yes ottos has a save, i use it on moving targets, i make sure i try to test it out as extensivly as i could before coming on to the forums to complain about it. When i activate ottos and my bolts let loose, i see *save* *save* *save* above their heads upon using ottos.

Artis who are supposedly doing 50-60 points of damage probably have a huge intellegence score and use insightful damage along with damage amping gear, deadly weapons, and weapons with a high base damage to start. That's just guessing.
    im the one who does 50-60 per bolt, artis do roughly 60-70 per bolt

it's the fact that you don't know how to use it properly.
    you know what they say about assuming dont ya? Your assuming i dont know how to use it but you sir are wrong.
    I know pin states that it will pin a mob that is not moving, it slows a mob that is moving. so that one is much easier to test, and it doesnt really work all that great. I have only seen 1 mob actually slowed by pin, 0 mobs stuck by pin, i respecced and done away with it cuz it has been utterly useless since i got into champion.

Next i know ottos says that it works on moving targets, and i go to kings forest, aggro some kite them around so that they are moving, i let the bolts loose and *save* *save* *save*

It says nothing about how to increase the potential of it, and i have maxed out the ranks in ottos and yet i see those dreaded saves.

now for the items that have a 7% proc chance, is there a way to increase their % chance? cuz i havent seen any, and i dont think its too difficult to play a class right or wrong with stance. I can move around and fire on any target free without restriction to proc em (minus the 7% chance) regard less if they are moving or standing still, that dosent have an effect on them now do they?

so as it seems your statement is very wrong about me mainly due to the fact only 2 of the activatable abilities has terms and conditions, which i make sure and try to meet. But alas they still dont work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast