Default Anyone else having issues with Fred?

My character's (level 20 pure Artificer) feats are totally out of whack when I try to exchange them with Fred. There are several bugs, but basically it looks like the feat list Fred is reading is totally bugged.

Long story short, I'm trying to drop dodge and focus on Adamantine body, which I took as my level 12 artificer bonus feat. No problems there. In lieu of posting my whole feat setup (since it isn't relevant here), the last few feats I took are "dodge" at level 18 (which I'm trying to swap out) and "Empower Spell" which I took with my level 20 Artificer bonus feat.

Here's where the weirdness begins.

1) Dodge doesn't show up in my list of feats (on the feat swap screen). It isn't a prereq for anything I have, and I took it as a normal feat.

2) Adamantine body is listed as an Artificer feat, and if I drag it into the box, it lists all feats (not just arti specific ones) that I can swap for it. Tha's weird.

3) "Empower Spell" is supposed to be my level 20 arti feat, but now it shows up as a level 1 feat, and doesn't list ANY possible feats I could exchange it for when I drag it into the window.

4) "Maximize spell" has also vanished from my list of feats, even though it's not a prerequisite for any feats I possess.

Basically, the number of weird things going on with this means something is buggy. I could use my free LR to fix it, but people are talking about losing Epic Destinies and Favor rewards from LRing, so nope, I'm not going to fix one bug by risking another.

And yes, I've tried relogging many times, and have filed bug reports and tickets.

Community Member

Yes, I've had trouble switching feats out at Fred as well. He seems very picky about which feats he is allowing you to switch. To make matters worse, you risk losing all your Epic Destiny xp if you choose to LR because Fred is broken.

Caught between one bug and another.

It's a little ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranncore View Post
    Yes, I've had trouble switching feats out at Fred as well. He seems very picky about which feats he is allowing you to switch. To make matters worse, you risk losing all your Epic Destiny xp if you choose to LR because Fred is broken.

Caught between one bug and another.

It's a little ridiculous.
    Which feat(s) aren't showing up for you?

Community Member

Thumbs down

I just TR'd and can't choose ANY of my available past life feats...
    At creation though, I took power attack and when I turn it on or off it makes absolutely NO difference to my hit or damage. Everything was fine before I TR'd...

*sigh*

Community Member

I've had the same issue on a Druid. At level 13, the feat I took at level 12 (Empower Spell) is not available to swap.
    There aren't any enhancements or other effects that it is a prerequisite for.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KapnKrunch View Post
    I just TR'd and can't choose ANY of my available past life feats...
    You cannot choose an Active Past Life feat till Level 3.
    Visit the DDO Wiki! Unique items: Quest Rewards - Raid Loot - Chest Loot - Item Sets
    DDO Store List, with references on how you can gain items ingame for free!

Has been multiple accounts of this problem dating back to U14.
    link

Community Member

Yep, Fred must've felt left out of the bug-fest. On my Druid (currently lvl 18) I wanted to swap out twf (taken at 3) for Wiz past life. Twf wasn't in the list and isn't a prerequisite for anything else I have either. Oddly enough, all my wild-shapes were in the list of things available to trade, but as I have them all putting any of them in the swap out box produced an empty swap-to list. Would be interesting to compare three bug lists side by side: everything they're working on vs. everything they acknowledge vs. all the ones we players are aware of....

I went to em a day back to see what I could switch about and found power attack wasn't anywhere on there.

So no idea ***'s up with fred.

Community Member

Default missing feats in fred's window

I had this same problem with my level 8 human druid.

ALL the feats that I selected from level 1 to level 6 don't appear in the left column of the window used to swap the feats.

the only feat that appears to swap is the animal form.
    the feat that are not appearing in the list (that I choosed from level 1 to level 6) are: augment summoning, toughness, maximize, past life wizard, heighten spell.

Then I became level 9 druid and I selected quicken spell feat and the situation changed: the only available feats to swap are quicken spell feat and animal form.

I need to replace augment summoning feat with empower spell but I can't because it's not appearing in the feat list to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Juduss View Post
    Yep, Fred must've felt left out of the bug-fest. On my Druid (currently lvl 18) I wanted to swap out twf (taken at 3) for Wiz past life. Twf wasn't in the list and isn't a prerequisite for anything else I have either. Oddly enough, all my wild-shapes were in the list of things available to trade, but as I have them all putting any of them in the swap out box produced an empty swap-to list. Would be interesting to compare three bug lists side by side: everything they're working on vs. everything they acknowledge vs. all the ones we players are aware of....