Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Arjiwan's Un-Completionist Diary

I am going to start my pet project running to completionist, but not even capping a single life. This will be my first non-capped toon in over two years. My main Grassmoker (the awesome cleric who soloed Elite Storehouse Secret, no pots, 1 death, look it up) was capped over 1 and a half years ago. Advice on my journey would be most welcome.

Community Member

Un-Completionist Log
    27th August, 2012

Minnus Tenpercent, the strong-willed paladin woke up in a ship. Am I kidnapped? What did I do after that all night drinking at that tavern? I am a paladin? Did I just accept an oath to something something while I was drunk? I wanted to be a sorc dammit!

I saw a lovely lady just lying all day in a box. The first thing that came to my mind was, uhm, I don't think that is comfortable. So I just stared at her while I was (breaking the 4th wall of story-telling and just browsing some Facebook messages).. where was I? Oh yes, I can't decide if I want to be a level 4 or a level 7 dude. I guess that can wait. That's it for the day, time to log off.

Community Member

This is so offensive that it's funny.

IBTL, I think.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Having leveled a Pali to level 5 many years ago I can tell you that getting past that level is very hard. Most of the quests are very close to Taverns and as you put yourself ... you are quite partial to the odd drop or two.

My Pali spends all day sobbering up in front of the bank teller these days. He is often heard mumbling ... hey who the frack put these 5 belts in my backpack ... man this thing is heavy.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

Community Member

Thumbs down Easy Much?

Un-Completionist Log
    28th August, 2012

I want to take this opportunity to complain how easy this game has become.

I did the "Veteran level 7" quest in the Heartwind something Ship. I just answered some few questions from the lady and she rewarded me with XP! Do the devs even know how many XP/Min this quest is? It is insane! As usual, no mobs spawned, I think it is a bug, no surprise there. Also, the chest did not spawn, but I am not complaining since, if I remember it correctly, the Minotaur guy gave me the quest rewards.

The OP quest made me a level 7 paladin. Good thing that quest is not repeatable, it would have been OP much.

Well, with the many forms of experience boosts in the game, i think the fist stuffs you should look for are:

* Neg level items
    * Items with stat drain, esp con,wis

These should get you going, opposite alignment arrows work well too.

Then the next step is to purposefully take the least beneficial stuffs from a quest reward list. The hard part will be to fail optionals on purpose, or to kill Coyle.

Im really rooting for ya, since you are aint up for nothing here.

Thumbs up

So full of win. You better not stop now.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

+1 for possibly the best thread ever!
    ~CANNITH~
    ~A Tribe Called Zerg~
    ~Nohaforged 27th Heroic Life (12 Iconic PL's) (8 Epic PL's)~
    ~Noha // Hayona // Nohacast // NoMooseForYou~

Community Member

Thank you all for the kind words. I think this is far from the best thread ever. I just want to share my story. I am just a humble guy, no scratch that, I am the most humblest guy in the whole wide server of Cannith, even if you merge Cannith with Wayfinder..err Khyber, I will still be the most humblest guy ever.

With that out of the way, I'll continue my progress (or lack thereof).

I don't want my next log as a rant or a complaint, but yes, what a surprise, it is still a complaint.

Un-Completionist Log
    29th August, 2012

Since I was only playing high-level quests before, I don't have any clue that this game is easy on low levels. I repeat, I am complaining that this game is easy.

The quest is "Tomb of the Immortal Heart". An elite run for BB (bravery bonus for those uninformed).
    I joined a multi-TRed toon who was just looking for company, maybe he is bored running solo.

No other takers for his LFM (maybe he is one of the meanie-heads, I don't know), so we started the quest just the two of us.

On the first encounter of Mobs, I heard the sound *ding*. Oh! oh! I love private tells! But no, it was just my soulstone.

So the multi-TRed guy, grabbed Minnus Tenpercent's soulstone and carried it in his backpack.

So while I was a soulstone and the other guy is finishing the quest, I realized, wow, this game is freaking easy, no challenge or whatsoever!

Things to ponder for today:
    1. Does soulstones have bells or chimes in them, because when they drop on the floor you hear a *ding*?
    Some of you may ask, but Arjiwan, I dropped your soulstone in the lava, why is there no *ding* sound?
    Of course silly, on the first drop, the chimes/bells breaks, when you rez, it is fixed again.

2. Does soulstones add + 1[W] damage to the owner of the backpack? I think so too.

I am not sure if I completed the quest, I was automatically logged-off because of inactivity. I was busy watching How I met your mother. Oh Barney, you are so funny!

Community Member

Un-Completionist Log
    30th August, 2012

This is the day that I will gain some mad XP. When I mean, mad, it means, obnoxiously delicious xp.

So I was just doing my business in the Harbor reading general chat. I think they are arguing who will win in a fight, Iron Man or Batman. Out of nowhere, someone sent me a tell, *ding*! Nope, not my soulstone, I was outside a quest and I am wearing feather fall (in case of gravity damage).

This is the tell:
    Hey, I just met you, And you look like my guildie,
    But here's my armor, So smite me, maybe?
    It's hard to look right, At your pally,
    But here's my ardor, So heal me, maybe?

Before you came into my life
    I missed you so bad (no weapon proficiency I presume)
    I want you to Lay on hands me so bad
    I want your epic scrolls so, so bad

Yup, that was the tell. Nasty right? Smite me maybe? Woah, stop right there Missy.

Not because my toon is a hunky male, you have the right to imagine things about me. I am not just a man-meat! I have dreams and aspirations just like everybody else.

Gaahhh, the perils of rolling a Handsome Human Male toon. Next time I'll just roll a half-elf female so that I can just play in peace.

So so bad!

So riddle me this Paliman ? You're level 7 ... what are you doing in the harbor flaunting your man meat anyway? I mean a high charisma male hanging around the docks ... what did you expect?
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xxScoobyDooxx View Post
    So riddle me this Paliman ? You're level 7 ... what are you doing in the harbor flaunting your man meat anyway? I mean a high charisma male hanging around the docks ... what did you expect?

There is more action in Harbor chat than in Marketplace chat.

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    Un-Completionist Log
    30th August, 2012

This is the day that I will gain some mad XP. When I mean, mad, it means, obnoxiously delicious xp.

So I was just doing my business in the Harbor reading general chat. I think they are arguing who will win in a fight, Iron Man or Batman. Out of nowhere, someone sent me a tell, *ding*! Nope, not my soulstone, I was outside a quest and I am wearing feather fall (in case of gravity damage).

This is the tell:
    Hey, I just met you, And you look like my guildie,
    But here's my armor, So smite me, maybe?
    It's hard to look right, At your pally,
    But here's my ardor, So heal me, maybe?

Before you came into my life
    I missed you so bad (no weapon proficiency I presume)
    I want you to Lay on hands me so bad
    I want your epic scrolls so, so bad

Yup, that was the tell. Nasty right? Smite me maybe? Woah, stop right there Missy.

Not because my toon is a hunky male, you have the right to imagine things about me. I am not just a man-meat! I have dreams and aspirations just like everybody else.

Gaahhh, the perils of rolling a Handsome Human Male toon. Next time I'll just roll a half-elf female so that I can just play in peace.

So so bad!
    They really need to add some ways to earn XPs while standing around in the harbor, right? Hmm, maybe they could give us 1000xp per 10minutes browsing the AH, or or moving stuffs in and out our bank storage.

Milestones:
    - You dressed up nicely - 1500xp
    - You have shown your helmet - 1750xp
    - You equipped a trinket - 950xp
    - You asked the spiritbinder to heal you - 1000xp
    - You drank your first Dirty Kobold - 2000!xp

Btw i think half-elf females are actually attractive, if they stand next to the right set of kobold shamans.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    They really need to add some ways to earn XPs while standing around in the harbor, right? Hmm, maybe they could give us 1000xp per 10minutes browsing the AH, or or moving stuffs in and out our bank storage.

Milestones:
    - You dressed up nicely - 1500xp
    - You have shown your helmet - 1750xp
    - You equipped a trinket - 950xp
    - You asked the spiritbinder to heal you - 1000xp
    - You drank your first Dirty Kobold - 2000!xp

Btw i think half-elf females are actually attractive, if they stand next to the right set of kobold shamans.

We can call it, Achievement Manual! Gonna Achieve it all!

Every achievement unlock will pop up a window asking if you want to post it on Facebook for your friends to like and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by arjiwan View Post
    There is more action in Harbor chat than in Marketplace chat.
    Harbormaster Zin banned me from working on the docks. I've been hanging around the miners in house K and when I'm really strapped, I head to Korthos.

Community Member

Un-Completionist Log
    31st August, 2012

Since I am in a sour mood today, I just want to run solo. I don't need nobody. I can do this.

I went to the harbor to find some low level quest. I saw this young lady running around asking for help. Her name is Pearl Drumling. Seems like she needs help rescuing someone.

I read somewhere in the forums that end-game in Cannith is dead. So my question is this, did you guys ever think that even the start-game in Cannith is dead? If the start-game is still alive, why is Pearl Drumling still asking for help? Checkmate end-gamers.

Think about that.

That thinking made me dizzy, time to log off.

Community Member

Hello Guys,

*Warning Wall of Text*

Here I am, your resident Un-Completionist. I was busy the whole week, and maybe the next week also. The reason for this is, I am trying to play a different game. I am always hearing this game from my fellow Cannith Players, so I want to share my thoughts.

Introducing *cue in music*

*tadaaa*

Hello Kitty Online (HKO)
    This is the first and only official MMORPG of Hello Kitty, Badz-Maru, Dear Daniel and others.

Too bad I was late for this game, they had Easter Festivities!?! Nope, it wasn't egg hunting and exchange them with items. They HAD multiple events! I can't contain my frustration for being late and for being so excited.

So anyway, here are my thoughts.

This is game is for the Casual Players... NOT! This game is so intense and so unforgiving for the Casuals. Heed my warning, this game is not for the faint of heart.

1. The stress of joining a guild and not catering to the casual
    I don't know what guild to join, is it "is Awesome" guild or the non-cutesy "Misfits". I think it would be cool to have an "is Awesome" under your name (LOL?). So I created a toon, his name is displayed as Mandark the Devourer of Souls "is Awesome" (so kawaiiii).

2. Speaking of Kawaii
    I have been bullied by meanie-heads that I don't have Past-Kawaiis. You can only gain this Past-Kawaiis if you true reincarnate your current toon. Cmon! How can I level if it is hard to kill the monsters that are soooo cute.

3. Grind
    The grind here is horrible. I haven't got a chance to play EQ, but I can say, the grind here is horrible. There was an event that you need to gather as much food as possible. Loss of sleep all around. So when I asked for a tip from another player, she told me, to focus on Chocolate milk. It was a bad idea.

4. Protecting NPCs
    There is a Raid that I need to babysit "My Melody". Why do I need to do that? Is that their definition of fun? I don't want to explore this raid any further.

I had enough of this game. Good thing my home server is Cannith, where being a casual player and a Un-completionist is not frowned upon. I <4 you Cannith. 'Coz <4 is better than <3

Community Member

Un-Completionist Log
    12th September, 2012

After a long hiatus, Minnus Tenpercent is ready to battle evil-doers, one flower-sniffing at a time. There will be no mushrooms left untouched, no chests left un-opened, no monsters left un-examined.

All barrels and crates should be destroyed and keep on insisting to your PUG group (PUG group? ATM Machines anyone?) that there is a higher tier for Ransack Bonus. Yes, I know, previous experiences say that Ransack Bonus is the highest bonus for crate cruelty. I also know that from my previous experience that my Credit Card's Platinum Reward was the highest, then BAM! There is a Platinum Elite Rewards. Check...mate.

I was about to be credited for the massive xp, but I encountered a bug. Yes, what a surprise, a bug. I don't want this Un-Completionist Log™ to be hate the devs rah rah rant, but this bug is making me insane. Devs, if you are reading this (which I know you are), fix this bug. While you are at it, fix my account, I want to be the resident Un-completionist in all of Cannith.

So regarding this bug, of course, I want to be a hipster, just like others, 'coz I was bug-reporting before it was cool. Since everyone is doing it, I don't want to do it now. So I wont be bug reporting this, consider this as my report.

Un-Completionist Bug Report
    12th September, 2012
    Minnus Tenpercent, using his best arsenals at his disposal and his good looks, tops the ranking in a PUG. The reports say that Minnus is leading the breakables smashed. See a guilty crate, SMITE ITTTT! See suspicious barrel, divine sacrifice ITTTT.

Though he has l33t skillz (and good looks), Minnus can't possibly overcome the crippling bug.

I am using the Custom Key-Mapping. I want to place my uber healing "Lay of Hands" under a certain key-map. The most convenient key-press for my "Lay of Hands" is using the Alt key, for my left pinky, and F4 key for my left thumb. (I know you are still trying to do it with your own hand, I'll wait.... Done?)

So there, devs, why is it when I am using my LOH, my DDO crashes? Fix it. Thanks.
    Last edited by arjiwan; 09-12-2012 at 04:12 AM.

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council

Finch, thank you for pointing me to this thread. Sheer win! LOL

Except... I already have too many alts as it is, and now I want to roll up an un-completionist.
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast