Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Default Question for Squeak or KookieKobold

During the devchats, we spoke about the Monster Manual Known issues list. At that time there were 91 creatures on it (not including the "Unkillables" like Lotigath and Amalgam.

You mentioned there were 12 entries fixed, but I don't think you had verified these yet?

Someone posted that they would get a list of the 12 together so we could check them - hell of a lot easier than going through the 91 all over again.

The list of known issues is now up to 104 so we're up 13 so far from checking Wheloon Prison and not finished yet.

Can we get the list of the 12 fixed please?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Hill Giant Shaman missing from the Storm Horns.

Winter Wolf missing from the Storm Horns.

Just a reminder that both those monsters ARE being counted in other areas. The issue is only with Storm Horns.

Hill Giant Shaman can be found in Lava Caves, and Winter Wolf in Lair of Summoning, Threnal East 1, and Murder by Night.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Yip, they are available elsewhere.

Got a list of the ones fixed in U19 so I'll remove my doubting comments that the release notes were complete nonsense.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Got a list of the creatures fixed in U19 from Squeak.

Have been able to verify that they've all been fixed.

• Necropolis:
      • Death's Advocate
      • Grim Harvester
      • Pestilent Huntsman
      • Scion of Wrath

• Outsider:
      • Orthon Stalwart
      • Rogudun

• Elemental
      • Flame Guardian
      • Greater Fire Elemental
      • Elder Fire Elemental
      • Ancient Fire Elemental

There's also a list of ones that have been fixed but not in live, so looks like this is finally getting some attention.

Good news all round.

I know this may be a nooby question (only been playing DDO for 1 month now) and I haven't read all this long thread - but I understand that the MM does not yet contain all the monsters in the game - but it seems strange that I can find no record of Orcs in the MM (I am a VIP so I can access all volumes).

It seems weird that such a common monster is not in it yet. (Or am I completely mistaken?)

Thanks for any feed-back.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by Prof-Moriarty View Post
    I know this may be a nooby question (only been playing DDO for 1 month now) and I haven't read all this long thread - but I understand that the MM does not yet contain all the monsters in the game - but it seems strange that I can find no record of Orcs in the MM (I am a VIP so I can access all volumes).

It seems weird that such a common monster is not in it yet. (Or am I completely mistaken?)

Thanks for any feed-back.
    Not every monster type has been added to the Monster Manual yet.

Each time they release a new volume, it adds new types to the list.

Notable ones missing are:
    • beaded devils
    • drow
    • gnolls
    • orcs
    • wights

Hopefully we'll get a new volume with U20 sometime towards the end of the year - my money is on November for U20 so not too long to wait and see.

Not every monster type has been added to the Monster Manual yet.

Each time they release a new volume, it adds new types to the list.

Notable ones missing are:
    • beaded devils
    • drow
    • gnolls
    • orcs
    • wights

Hopefully we'll get a new volume with U20 sometime towards the end of the year - my money is on November for U20 so not too long to wait and see.
    Thanks very much for the information. Much appreciated.

High Cultists and Prelate Vendisto are fixed and confirmed.

Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Thumbs up Monster manual is well liked and this thread will help the flow of it's Improvements

I honor thee!

This is a searchable resource for The Monster Manual. It is cutting edge research and very well thought out!

Quality of life fixes resource.

Community Member

Default A question

I am necroing this because the current and regularly updated MM missing creatures thread says that if anyone has questions, do not ask them in that thread or discuss the MM in that thread, but use this thread instead... thus I am asking my question here.

So, does the creature's type have to match as well and not just it's race to be included in the MM or on this list of things missing? Apparently because Cinderspawns, despite being listed as the fire elemental race, are also of the undead type, therefore they don't get recorded as anything. I ask because I also just discovered that the Topiary Lions from A Study in Sable are not being recorded as anything. They definitely have their race listed as Lion, and there is a lion section now, but their type is 'plant', and there is no 'plant' section in the MM.

Just trying to do my part, but I don't want to get scolded for reporting something that I feel is missing and should be included when it is intended to be excluded by design.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415