Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    I would also like to know if this has been fixed
    Haven't heard any other problem but if you encounter this bug, you are propably on your own with an useless and un-usable char.

Also, if you lose exp, Devs and GMs will do nothing to restore your exp and quest log.

LR at your own risks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2fire View Post
    It is kind of sad that they wont even respond.
    Hi,

Yes, I agree. It is very sad.

Since it would take all of half an hour for a community rep to compose a statement about this problem and get approval from his/her boss, it's hard to understand. But that assumes some level of concern, business-side, about product quality or customer service.

My conclusion is that there is nothing good to tell us about this, not for now nor in the near future. No, we aren't working on the bug (or maybe No, we don't know how to fix it) and No, we don't intend to fix your broken characters.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Wanting to LR and was hoping this was resolved. Too paranoid to try it now, even though a guildy assures me it is resolved.

A word on this issue from any Dev would be appreciated.

Community Member

My list of characters who need to TR is growing a fair amount. But because of this known issue, I have held off. I've seen bits and pieces from people about the company possibly knowing what the problem is, and what causes it. I don't wanna repeat them though, because I feel like they are inaccurate.

I've been eagerly watching this thread hoping for some official word. Because if they've addressed it publicly, I sure as hell still see plenty of people confused.

Normally us DDO players know how to work around our bugs. This one isn't one of those things to experiment with. An official response, even if one has already been given, would do a lot towards easing some tension. I know my characters at max level aren't too happy about not being able to TR and ALSO being hit by some gravity and physics bugs.

But my sympathies go out to those who have lost experience. That is really the worst part about this situation. The victims already claimed. I can wait for a bug fix, I can start other character projects, but the people who've been robbed of experience deserve a quick response and reassurance and should get top priority.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I want LR, but I do not know if I will dare.

It's a shame that there is no official response. I understand that these bugs can be difficult to resolve and time is needed for it. But just know if it's fixed or not would be a great help. Please developers, we only ask you to tell us if it's fixed or not. We understand that takes time to fix some problems.

English is not my native language. I apologize for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by coldblade000 View Post
    My list of characters who need to TR is growing a fair amount. But because of this known issue, I have held off. I've seen bits and pieces from people about the company possibly knowing what the problem is, and what causes it. I don't wanna repeat them though, because I feel like they are inaccurate.

I've been eagerly watching this thread hoping for some official word. Because if they've addressed it publicly, I sure as hell still see plenty of people confused.

Normally us DDO players know how to work around our bugs. This one isn't one of those things to experiment with. An official response, even if one has already been given, would do a lot towards easing some tension. I know my characters at max level aren't too happy about not being able to TR and ALSO being hit by some gravity and physics bugs.

But my sympathies go out to those who have lost experience. That is really the worst part about this situation. The victims already claimed. I can wait for a bug fix, I can start other character projects, but the people who've been robbed of experience deserve a quick response and reassurance and should get top priority.
    TR isn't effected bud...only Lesser Reincarnation....so if your doing a TR there isn't an issue with it you will retain all epic XP the bug is when you do an LR and go back to same level right off...lose all epic destiny stuff...

I have zero evidence to support this, and nobody responded to my thread asking about it, but I suspect that the destiny bug on reincarnation also applies to TR because I think the bug is from when you lose a feat that's a pre-req for a destiny ability you've taken.

Like if you take a destiny ability that requires power attack, and then you LR, at the start of your LR you no longer have power attack and so what happens to the destiny ability you took? Any number of possibilities, but I think what it actually does is erase all your destiny xp.

Community Member

Hi,

More information please.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I have zero evidence to support this, and nobody responded to my thread asking about it, but I suspect that the destiny bug on reincarnation also applies to TR because I think the bug is from when you lose a feat that's a pre-req for a destiny ability you've taken.

Like if you take a destiny ability that requires power attack, and then you LR, at the start of your LR you no longer have power attack and so what happens to the destiny ability you took? Any number of possibilities, but I think what it actually does is erase all your destiny xp.
    Then... it could be plausible before you do so, to "reset" every ED you have taken to retain points and not have any requirements at all needed at all.

EDs resets are back at a decent cost persay.

Community Member

Default Lr

I LR'd Friday to take advantage of the new +4 store tomes - no problems at all.

My ED's did not change at all - all you should need to do is pick the necessary prereq feats for the ED which was active at the time you LR'd.

Just FYI, if you still have your free LR, the game will force you to use it as opposed to a +1-+5 lesser heart of wood, so you won't be able to respec multiple class levels without a second LR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    Just FYI, if you still have your free LR, the game will force you to use it as opposed to a +1-+5 lesser heart of wood, so you won't be able to respec multiple class levels without a second LR.
    Hi,

Tex, are you sure about this last bit?

I LR'd before TRing about five weeks ago, and Kruz gave a choice of whether to use the free one or my +5 heart. Since I wanted another fighter past life, I used the heart. I haven't used my free LR yet.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

been there, done that, had spell focus (evocation) during my artificer life and the corresponding magister DC enhancement, TR'd to druid, no spell focus evocation at all from 1 through 20, kept all my destiny xp, I even still had access to the magister DC increase when I got back to 20 again and could twist it in.

Tr'd again to cleric, still had those enhancements set, didn't lose them at all, at least, not until I swapped a feat at that point and it suddenly recognized "ohh, you don't have power attack, ohh you don't have spell focus, let's reset those trees and refund you all your destiny points."

Granted, it might be a 'rare occurance' and that it's involved, but from my end, I TR'd twice, both times 'losing' prerequisite feats for some destiny enhancements I had, didn't lose the xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    been there, done that, had spell focus (evocation) during my artificer life and the corresponding magister DC enhancement, TR'd to druid, no spell focus evocation at all from 1 through 20, kept all my destiny xp, I even still had access to the magister DC increase when I got back to 20 again and could twist it in.

Tr'd again to cleric, still had those enhancements set, didn't lose them at all, at least, not until I swapped a feat at that point and it suddenly recognized "ohh, you don't have power attack, ohh you don't have spell focus, let's reset those trees and refund you all your destiny points."

Granted, it might be a 'rare occurance' and that it's involved, but from my end, I TR'd twice, both times 'losing' prerequisite feats for some destiny enhancements I had, didn't lose the xp.
    Excellent, thanks much!

Nice exploit, I think. Consider my cleric, who I'm about to TR through a couple wizzie lives for spell pen before going back to cleric for his final life. His final build will take evo focus at 24 to twist in the draconic +2 to evo dc. But if I just farm out draconic on my wizard lives, once I hit my final cleric life I'll be able to twist in that +2 without taking the focus feat? Sweet!

hehheh.

Community Member

Post 14th week later. . .

My first post on a DDO forum was 08-27-2012.
    About the GFLR Bug Pack (Greater Free LR Bug Pack)
    As far as I remember this was the date when i checked this bug.
    Several reports have been made, some answered, generally speaking that the bug was "solved" (but not giving sure).
    Personally I have not seen new chars affected, then I think the Devs' initial efforts in making new cases not occur been a success.
    However it was not given any news about the xp lost or how/when solving other related bugs in chars already affected.
    Well, it started at the Up14 and we have a promise of Fernando Paiz to an "improvement in the quality of life" to the Up17.
    Personally I'll keep waiting (But now without much expectation).

PS.: Like any good (and old) player watch and know several bugs in the game, and already reported it as however many are not resolved I will stop doing it. For the only answer we have (the GMs at least) is that "we can't do anything about it."

PPS.: Yes, my bard (Vahlyenah/Argonnessen) still bugged. . .

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    This should be the number one priority right now.
    Indeed, just came back from a 1 year break and found the epic stuff pretty amazing, so I've decided to make some tweaks on the build and bum lost the good stuff I had just earn. Thats very frustrating, I'm really disappointed and I hope they can revert that back because thats serious damage. /signed and bumped.

Community Member

Hi,

Still waiting for some official advice about this, as are a whole bunch of other people.

Thanks.

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by SycronIV View Post
    PPS.: Yes, my bard (Vahlyenah/Argonnessen) still bugged. . .
    Wow. Just wow.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wgperi View Post
    Indeed, just came back from a 1 year break and found the epic stuff pretty amazing, so I've decided to make some tweaks on the build and bum lost the good stuff I had just earn. Thats very frustrating, I'm really disappointed and I hope they can revert that back because thats serious damage. /signed and bumped.
    Can you provide some details on this?

1) Did you LR, GR or TR
    2) Exactly what did you lose (Destiny XP, character XP, feats, tomes, something else)
    3) When did you LR/GR/TR (an exact date would be nice, a rough date would be sufficient)

Founder

The bug has at least struck one person on Oct 22nd.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=395821&page=2
    That is what update 15.2?

LR my arti last week, with the free one, and everything was ok..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Can you provide some details on this?

1) Did you LR, GR or TR
    2) Exactly what did you lose (Destiny XP, character XP, feats, tomes, something else)
    3) When did you LR/GR/TR (an exact date would be nice, a rough date would be sufficient)
    Sure I can provide more details:
    1. I did a +3 lesser reincarnation to take away 2 classes from my build. Went from Exploiter Rgr18/1Rog/1Mnk to 20 Ranger.
    2. I lost the Fury of Wilds innate ability(Adrenaline) that became unavailable(showing 0 uses) after I LR. Although no ticket/switch trees could solve the issue, once Ive earned enough xp again to get another epic action point it became available again. Now it is working flawless.
    3. Ive LRd 2 nights ago, December 4th.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast