Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Developers: FIX THE LESSER REINCARNATION BUG WITH Epic destinies

This needs to be fixed in the next patch. Seriously. People is losing over 10m+ exp when LRing, there are threads with people losing all of their exp and nothing is done about it. I'M AFRAID TO LR RIGHT NOW AND WITH ME MANY PEOPLE.

This needs an end. I don't care how you gonna resolve it, if you gonna tell the GMs "Give the players the exp they lost" or any other way. Just do it fast and ONCE AND FOR ALL.

I'm gonna bump this until I (or that thread) get an answer.

Community Member

/signed

I also been wanting to LR since U14, but am scared.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Community Member

More than just fixing the problem, they need to resolve the damage already done. Can't just go band-aiding problems this serious. You fixed the Seal of "House" rings retroactively, restore the lost xp. I believe this was also done with the bags that stayed bound, they made them unbound(or reversed their status to what it was before). This needs to happen here. Losing all this time is terrible, from a game standpoint and definitely from an actual life-is-limited way. Doing this for serious issues would be a big step up in Turbine's customer-service reputation.

EDIT:
    Not reversing the damage with these big issues is hurtful to the player AND your bottom line.
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 08-26-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    More than just fixing the problem, they need to resolve the damage already done.
    Of course that is something that MUST be done.

/signed

I lost 47 epic destiny, 14 fate points, and a alot of time

4 tickets later, no fix just look at the forums and it might be fixed,

just give us a dev response
    Last edited by aa7threalm; 08-26-2012 at 04:23 PM.

I very much want to LR two of my guys, but I'm scared to do it.

And that does take away from my enjoyment of the game.

Please fix this devs, or, if it's a very rare bug, make us confident you can fix it after the fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

This should be the number one priority right now.

I also would like to LR a couple of guys but have not done so yet due to this bug. I'm sure that there are some QA people who have read the bug reports about this but, without any official notification, it appears as if they want people to continue to purchase and use LR Hearts that is not working as advertised? Is that right? Claim one thing and deliver another? Not even a "known issue" or whatnot?

I know I, for one, have not purchased my lesser hearts yet and won't until I get an official response that it is fixed.

There has been a multitude of bugs for the past year plus, and is going to hit 18 months soon, with Lesser TR that I just don't do it.

This game has a train wreck code with Lesser TR.

Just don't do it.

When they came up with the idea of a free lesser TR per account/character it doesn't matter they were using us all as guinee pigs to test the code. They still have not figured it out. LTFOL!
    Last edited by Zorth; 08-26-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

Community Member

IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS THEN IT WILL SURELY HAPPEN FASTER!!!!

Seriously, they know of the issue and they are fixing it for the next patch/update last I heard. It's a pretty new bug. It'll be fixed soon.
    Ghallanda Server Member: ToHitArmorClassZero
    Aaramar - Allimar - Calimaar - 11 others, but I'm usually on those three

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post

Seriously, they know of the issue and they are fixing it for the next patch/update last I heard. It's a pretty new bug. It'll be fixed soon.
    Where did you hear that they are fixing this bug? I haven't heard any confirmation from Turbine that this bug even exists. (Not trolling, serious question, just link a dev response or whatever seems appropriate to show where you got this info).

Also, for those who have experienced this bug, does it get rid of Epic Levels as well as Epic Destinies or is it limited to Epic Destinies?
    Last edited by Capn; 08-26-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default Waiting to LR until I am sure there is no bug or its fixed.

...Waiting to LR until I can find a definitive statement that there definitely is, or definitely isn't, a bug, with losing Destinies upon LR.

Or, what the specific nature of any bug is so I can see if it would apply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post

It's not new. It's existed in various forms since I began this game a long time ago.

Before EDs were released, there were multiple reports of LRs causing people to lose favor rewards (particularly the Coin Lord Training School and Argo HP) and break their flagging.

losing favor is one thing but losing 18 million experience is totally different, you can get by just fine with no favor but 18 million xp is a little crazy/
    that like saying oh you lesser reincarnated but stuck at level one, you get to do it all over without the true reincarnation benefits

gm response "the issue isn't known but wait couple weeks months and you will be level 20 eventually" or restart

thats about what the bug equals out too.

i would be more mad if its wasn't my only toon,

i don't mind waiting for the fix but i want proof they know it exists and that they plan to do something about it or not.

it seems to me turbine new motto:

hear no evil, see no evil, report no evil

all it would take is a dev on the forums saying we know it about it not someone in an office saying yea i can't really help you out(not within my powers)(I would if i could because that's what i get paid for, but the underground gm mafia thats giving out experience for hard-core cash money would get mad and try and cap me (not you)cause id be ruining their game.

but i can close your ticket. just make sure you put in another ticket with the "other customer service" and by other i mean some code on a webpage that is design so that we can filter out all your possible options and solutions, which is stored in database that some guy checks once a week and if your problem hasn't been reported by numerous people then we really don't care. Once we get through all the priority problems such as creature companions and cubes not dancing, we will get to you.

this is what i want the dev to tell me

1.we are working on it, you will get your xp back

2.the number of times its happens isn't enough for us to care, your screwed get over it.

3.the bug doesn't exist and we don't want any more money from you,
    Last edited by aa7threalm; 08-26-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Community Member

If there is a serious bug why wouldn't they turn off lessers like they did after the release of U14?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

I did 2 LR

First was on 8/5/2012 was a +3 Lesser Heart [ actually forced me to level to 24 since I was banking xp at lvl 23 ]

then a week later on 8/12 used a +5 Lesser Heart [level 24]

and followed with a TR on 8/13 [level 25]

all were Store bought.

But I lost nothing, I even decided to cap at level 25 since I was close enough after the +5 LR before the TR... my ED are still there too.

not sure what the issue with LR is??? unless it's the free one causing the problem or ED xp after capped at lvl 25???

hope this helps?

You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

yes the problem is with the free lesser tr, for some reason they coded differently from the store bought, i knew i should of never tested anything free

not sure why they don't get rid of the free one and mail every1 a lesser heart, and give the people that lost epic destiny levels their xp back
    Last edited by aa7threalm; 08-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn View Post
    Where did you hear that they are fixing this bug? I haven't heard any confirmation from Turbine that this bug even exists. (Not trolling, serious question, just link a dev response or whatever seems appropriate to show where you got this info).
    In my thread http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=385261. The information got out somewhere during Page 2

Because of "pics or it didn't happen" ... Here is a screenshot of the original reply from someone working at Turbine (screenshot taken straight from my Private Messages Inbox + name/info of the Turbine employee is hidden.):

This message is 1 month old right now...
    Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die.

Im guessing the the the problems are in the code for the free lesser tr itself, delete it.

mail out lesser hearts of wood,

the part i care about is getting the xp back. In game gm should be able to do that
    to verify the bug, just have a gm look at your favor bar cause its screwed, also part of the bug

problem fixed

as you can see i hit level 25 without doing any quests as well
    Last edited by aa7threalm; 08-26-2012 at 11:52 PM.

so i reach level 25 with no favor and no epic destiny experience
    please fix this bug, and give me back up my epic destinys

Last edited by aa7threalm; 08-27-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast