Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
    Community Member

LRd Ayspam yesterday, no problems at all.
    ~~~ R E V E N A N T S ~~~
    Ayspam Life #27/27(Completionist Sorc), Aycare Life #10/10(Evoker FvS), Ayplink Life #22/22(Completionist to be decided), Aygo Life #14/14(Helvesbarian)

Community Member

Hi,

So, how about some official advice about this?

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Hi,

Still looking for some official advice about this.

I know it would be nice if this thread just went away. But what would be even nicer is if the bug causing it went away instead, and that the people affected by it were promised that their characters were fully fixed.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    heh my sorc is still a 28 pointer. And in my bank sits the greater heart grinning back at him, smiling as if in a dare.
    I got tired of waiting and I was able to use a greater heart to Greater Reincarnate & upgrade from 28pt to 32pt with no issues. Sounds like this bug didn't affect Total Reincarnations (TRs) but did affect a few Lesser Reincarnations (LRs) but no one has documented any Greater Reincarnates (GRs) occurances that I have seen. That being said the bug seems pretty rare and GRs are much less frequent than LRs and I assume also significantly less frequent than TRs as well so no way of knowing... It can be devastating so obviously we are at our "own risk" with still no updates from Turbine...

Can we please get an official update on whether this bug has been reproduced and whether it is fixed or not?

Please also some help for those that were afflicted...

Community Member

Been there.

#1. Just reset your action points and reallocate and all is well or
    #2. Select another destiny with 0 action points spent then LR.
    #3. If you can't do #2, LR then do #1.

GMs are no help. I never, never lost any XP and have done 5 Free LRs in the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by wgperi View Post
    Sure I can provide more details:
    1. I did a +3 lesser reincarnation to take away 2 classes from my build. Went from Exploiter Rgr18/1Rog/1Mnk to 20 Ranger.
    2. I lost the Fury of Wilds innate ability(Adrenaline) that became unavailable(showing 0 uses) after I LR. Although no ticket/switch trees could solve the issue, once Ive earned enough xp again to get another epic action point it became available again. Now it is working flawless.
    3. Ive LRd 2 nights ago, December 4th.
    Khyber Server
    Tarackian / ZuZu / Lightningbug / Rockme / TerraMater / CuraTeIpsum / IamtheMatrix / LifeTaker / Grimdeath / Godsbreath / Killerbee / Kyokujitsu
    Loreseekers - Member and Elder

Community Member

Hi,

Merry Christmas to all of you.

I was hoping Santa might bring me an update on this issue. But sadly he didn't.

Perhaps if we all good boys and girls next year we might get some help with this. Just a few words is all we need.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

I've been suffering this bug since June. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=380994

Made me quit the game for 6 months, anyway I came back to see its still a problem, the only solution I see is to full TR which sucks. Wouldn't be so bad if a GM threw me a stone of experience, some people got them, I wonder if it was awarded through in game or not, I've submitted multiple reports in game and out, the only thing that gets me is not being able to progress on evening star chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    There is a chance that some quests will bug and you keep getting end rewards from said quest, without ever completing. So, if it happens to some flag quest, they are not completed hence you can't flag for said raid.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with LR/TR but make sure to complete and turn end rewards in of every quest you have on your panel log before actually LRing.
    Now, I get some 20th reward lists ready...

Is this still an issue?

Scared to LR, but not seeing any recent examples of the bug occuring...
    The Nak Abides - Ascent - Argonnessen
    Tanak Arcarius (TR) ~ Xanak the Irregular (TR) ~ Sanak the Streak (TR)
    Ganak Goblinjuicer (TR) ~ Panak (TR) ~ Wanak Ryuha (TR) ~ Vanak Ahriman (TR)
    Manak Bloodscreamer (TR) ~ Qanak the Absolute (TR) ~ Kanak (TR) ~ Fanak Voltaic(TR)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Is this still an issue?

Scared to LR, but not seeing any recent examples of the bug occuring...
    Not seeing any recent complaint either so I've no idea. Next week I'll LR thou and I'm afraid also.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

I LR'd my monk without issue. (just now)
    * she was born and raised on that server. aka not a transfer.
    * 1st lifer.
    * used a LR+0 wood, not the free LR.

additional notes
    * had all tomes applied properly.
    * got the correct XP back
    * have all the EDs correct. (only 3 in GMoF, and 2 in LD. No abilities chosen had pre reqs)
    * She did not use an XP stone.

I'm still worried about LRing my barb (transfer) and my fvs (2nd lifer) but I would hope with the inital conditions stated, it seems to be safe. Just make a point about the 3rd additional note.

EDIT: One issue. my EDs could not be activated. Solution: I had to go to a fatespinner, make a different ED active, then go back to where I wanted to be and make it active again in order to turn all icons active. (aka not grayed out.) That will be bad for a person who can't jump EDs.

EDIT2: Added the fact she didn't use an XP stone.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 02-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Not seeing any recent complaint either so I've no idea. Next week I'll LR thou and I'm afraid also.
    Hi,

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member pokeoutyoureardrums's Avatar
    In my own little existence, they like me here.

Didn't take the time to read all this, and someone may have covered it, but to my knowledge lr works just fine. Unless you use the free one built into the game. That thing is bugged from hell to breakfast and has caused myriad complaints.
    THREAD KILLER
    A truly intelligent person can understand the simplicity of a joke

One lie is all it takes to undo a man
    "I am telling you, the word chicken does not have a 2 in it."

Just thought I'd toss this out there. I just LR'd a 1st-life level 25 human clr20, 28-pt build, with tomes for all stats, greater learning and +2 fate tome, most destinies maxed out.

-I used the free LR.
    -I made step-by-step screen shots of all my favor, experience earned in every destiny, and all of my tomes, just in case (at least I'd have a little evidence if it became necessary).
    -Only feats I swapped out were SP, GSP, & ESP for MT, IMT, and EMT.
    -All destinies worked fine.
    -All state tomes applied while leveling properly.
    -Fate tome and greater learning applied.
    -I made certain to spend all my action points/destiny points before LRing.

I encountered no gliches or hiccups in the process. In other words, everything went off without a hitch.

Community Member

Hi,

It looks like this bug still exists in some form.

See < http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=390688 > and < http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=3852618 > for details.

Once again, could we please get an official statement about the bug. I'd be most interested in seeing the following things:

1. An admission that the bug still exists
    2. An explanation of how and why it occurs
    3. Advice about how to avoid the bug
    4. Advice about what to do if you encounter the bug
    5. An undertaking that characters damaged by the bug will be promptly and fully restored

I don't know how in good conscience the company can continue to sell hearts of wood and the ED pack through the DDOstore while the problem exists and characters affected by it don't get fixed.

Bugs occur, but what singles this out as a massive failure of customer service is the company's unwillingness to communicate with and help its customers with this issue.

Thanks.

Edit: I used the same link twice instead of posting two different ones. Thanks to Missing Minds for pointing that out.
    Last edited by blerkington; 02-06-2013 at 01:34 AM.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    I don't know how in good conscience the company can continue to sell hearts of wood and the ED pack through the DDOstore while the problem exists and characters affected by it don't get fixed.
    once you realise the fact that you are not considered a valued customer, but a disposable wallet by turbine, the better you will feel.

ofc, folks will continue spending money with turbine hoping to not roll that 1% chance. Living in las vegas, I see so many lemmings betting on that 1%. perhaps turbine is on to something

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    once you realise the fact that you are not considered a valued customer, but a disposable wallet by turbine, the better you will feel.

ofc, folks will continue spending money with turbine hoping to not roll that 1% chance. Living in las vegas, I see so many lemmings betting on that 1%. perhaps turbine is on to something
    Hi,

I take your point, but for some reason although I have realised this I do not feel any better.

Perhaps it will come to me in time.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Default LRs are a little buggy still

Since this thread's up on page one again:

LR'd my Sorc last week using a heart i'd won in a lottery, not the free one. As soon as I hit the ship and went to take a level, I noticed that the spells I'd chosen during character creation were selectable again (my spell list was totally blank), that the feats I'd selected during character creation were also not applied, and even the autogrants were missing (my char only had 8hp for example, so no "heroic durability" feat) and that I had no epic destiny at all. Was somewhat annoyed, exited the game instead of levelling him, and went for a smoke.

Re-loaded DDO and logged the sorc in again, but this time all feats/spells/etc had loaded up properly, my epic destinies were back, and all tomes applied at the correct levels.

So LRs do seem to be a bit buggy still.

Community Member

From another thread, posted 02/06/2013 from Carpone:

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    This bug is still alive and well. After TRing one of my characters in January and hitting level 20 today, all of their epic destiny XP/progression was reset to 0.
    Link to the quote

So, are Devs gonna help him and whoever lost XP now? This is unbelievable. He just lost 16 MILLION EXP and he is not alone.

I guess whoever encountered this back then have exped AGAIN without ANY HELP from Turbine.

I repeat myself: THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

Six months now, no acknowledgement, no response, no fix. They are pretty much deciding which characters I am going to play, because any that I would TR or LR to fix due to them changing the game are now sitting in the stable waiting and not seeing action.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast