Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Community Member

bump

comon devs tell us whats going on this is getting plain rediculas
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    FYI: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...34#post4665734

I don't know why Cordovan didn't post this link here himself instead of letting us stew like this. Not like the other thread was about the ED issue...
    We know about that and it's not what we have been asking for 2 weeks.

Hello?! Dev's?! No word at all about this? Still? Acknowledgement? Anything?

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    We know about that and it's not what we have been asking for 2 weeks.
    There are a lot of posts to this thread that claim that there has been no dev acknowledgement that this issue even exists. That is an acknowledgement.

Community Member

At this point, this really is a joke....

If this problem is so mystifying, it would seem simple enough to tweak the LR/GR code to automatically perform a complete backup of the toon as step 1 of the process. If anything went wrong, the player could call support and they could click a button and rollback the LR/GR. The player could then retry the process to see if better results could be obtained.

Aside from the obvious player satisfaction issue, it would help determine whether this is a transient or easily reproduced error, and if the latter give the devs something to use to diagnose the problem and test the fix.

See? Simple and straight forward. Turbine has my address, so go ahead and send me a check for consulting services. Given how long you have stumbled around on this issue, I just saved you a large chunk of cash...

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    There are a lot of posts to this thread that claim that there has been no dev acknowledgement that this issue even exists. That is an acknowledgement.
    Well it is an acknowledgement yes, but it doesn't relate to the bug that this thread is talking about. I.e. loss of epic destiny levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfury View Post
    Well it is an acknowledgement yes, but it doesn't relate to the bug that this thread is talking about. I.e. loss of epic destiny levels.
    Not just that but also the loss of all favor, completions, unable to do slayers and unable to advance quests/chains.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by twigzz View Post
    Not just that but also the loss of all favor, completions, unable to do slayers and unable to advance quests/chains.
    Hi,

Oh, so nothing serious then.

An official comment, in this thread, which addresses ALL of these issues, and say what people can do to get their problems fixed, would be great please.

Or was that mea culpa we had around the time of U14 about better communication just a load of you know what? This is really important. Please let us know what you are doing to fix it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 09-05-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    Astrican on Khyber

Let's keep this on the first page guys. It may not be "gamebreaking" in the sense that everyone is affected by it, but I imagine it's "gamebreaking" if it happens to you.

(I've got a level 21 Cleric with progress in both EA and US I want to LR, and another I want to TR soon, and I'm holding back until I know there's some process in place to allow me to get that progress back should I get hit with this bug.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

/signed

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Let's keep this on the first page guys. It may not be "gamebreaking" in the sense that everyone is affected by it, but I imagine it's "gamebreaking" if it happens to you.

(I've got a level 21 Cleric with progress in both EA and US I want to LR, and another I want to TR soon, and I'm holding back until I know there's some process in place to allow me to get that progress back should I get hit with this bug.)
    Then in that aspect (mine as well) it is game breaking due to fear of that bug.

Community Member

/bump

8 Pages and still nothing.
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

So I'm curious since I heard mutterings that those who TR can also be subjected to loss of ED exp....

Why is there no stopgap in place to allow GMs to grant ED exp up to the nearest rank in the players favor in the interim while this issue is investigated?

If its "such a small problem" then tending to this should be only a small impact on the duties of GMs.

If its actually what we say it is, seriously impacted both players wanting to play and actually playing, a response is needed on the steps being taken (and for them to be done). That doesn't mean you stick a "whoops no one can TR/LR/GR" on it and call it a day. It means you fix the customer support, fix the issue, and placate the building anger, in a timely manner.

We, as players, care very little whats coming down the pipeline for "new releases" if the attitude today is "leave the issue be, the faithful will remain".

MMO's, like it or hate it, are a service industry. Why would we pay today for something/anything when the immediate issues are taken care of weeks/months/years/never later?

We get it. The engine is old. Its not going to be redone from the ground up like it should be so it can last another 6-7 years. That's a huge cost and time investment. But the current handling doesnt help. Unbind the GMs hands. Teach them how to use the tools. Update customer support with the comings and goings of the future. Communicate to us, especially when its needed in large unhandled bugs like this.

Or don't and prepare to close the doors. Because it isnt one bug that bothers us. Its the compilation of 213 KNOWN, acknowledged, and unfixed bugs and the numerous other bugs (and that was being nice, didnt count any that were sub to a section, listing numerous more bugs, only counted the large furthest left hand aligned ones) that bother us.

Equip your support to handle the exceptions or prepare for the fatal error of killing the game we all hold dear, dear enough to go out on a limb and play the metaphorical "villain" to have the smallest chance to try and turn things for the better before we are silenced.

/signed
    Stephen Charles Edward Fernandez
    Chelos - TRing multiclassing support
    One of the top scorers of the 2011 and 2012 PAX EAST challenge and winner of 2 Lifetime memberships to DDO.
    "S" of Team BAS (2011)

Community Member

Hi,

Still waiting for that official update.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Default Is it because of the caps in the title?

Just checking. Gotta be some reason why there's been nothing but silence on this one...

Default embarassing

this is terrible on your part devs. you gave the lr for free, encouraged its use, and now turn your back on your customers who followed your advice only to get royally screwed. how long till one of you mans up and makes this right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
    this is terrible on your part devs. you gave the lr for free, encouraged its use, and now turn your back on your customers who followed your advice only to get royally screwed. how long till one of you mans up and makes this right?
    My bet is we will never see a comment on this from Turbine one way or the other.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    My bet is we will never see a comment on this from Turbine one way or the other.
    and why would they? word is out not to use the free lr if you have ED xp so the number of people affected will not be too overwhelming and hey lookie there......store sales on LR's are up! haddya know.

like i said, its embarrassing.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast