Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes, please fix this.

Or at least get out an acknowledgement of the problem, some information about what causes it to occur, how to avoid it or repair it if it occurs, and advice about when it is likely to be fixed.

Your customers want to play your game, and things like this just make it harder for them.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

The Hatchery

/signed

Please fix this horrible bug and restore the xp and favor for those who were afflicted by it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS THEN IT WILL SURELY HAPPEN FASTER!!!!

Seriously, they know of the issue and they are fixing it for the next patch/update last I heard. It's a pretty new bug. It'll be fixed soon.
    This is so far from the truth that I don't know where to start.

Yes, I typed in caps lock to scream and I don't regret it. The community is screaming to get this CRITICAL bug fixed. Would you like your toon to be stripped from 4 PLs (if you have them)? That's what 19m exp is.

One of us has lost 47, FORTYSEVEN, epic destiny levels, that's not a joke. They MUST give them exp back to get their levels back and that should be done IMMEDIATELY. This is one of the worst bug that ever happened and it's not new. It's been out since MotU without a Dev acknowledging it.

Apparently the problem is the free LR. Nuke it, Delete it. Give us the exp back.

Community Member

DEVs, please fix...

please?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by simo0208 View Post
    IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS THEN IT WILL SURELY HAPPEN FASTER!!!!

Seriously, they know of the issue and they are fixing it for the next patch/update last I heard. It's a pretty new bug. It'll be fixed soon.
    usual fanboi answer, now where did you see a dev responce, there has been no official answer just a copy and paste pm to carl78

THAT IS NOT A DEV RESPONCE

that is a private message to one player this has happened to

DEVS give us a word on one of these threads

or as normal are you gonna decide its wai at the next patch like 30% of the bugs recently
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Community Member

Unhappy Greater Free LR Bug Pack

Quote Originally Posted by aa7threalm View Post
    so i reach level 25 with no favor and no epic destiny experience
    please fix this bug, and give me back up my epic destinys

Something very similar happened with my bard (Vahlyenah/Argonnessen).
    Also lost all Destinies xp and Favor Points.
    But my quest log was deleted. . .
    Currently can't gain any xp in wilderness areas that have come before the Free LR, can not redo several quests as Lord Of Blades, Chronoscope and the second chain MotUD because I can't advance the quests. The NPCs give me a low level item list and even choosing not complete the quest and NPC gives me a new low level item list.
    Atm im trying reset my quests with the new "teleport in to quest system", but dont works even. . .

Somebody help this guy and fix the issue, hotfix now!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Somebody help this guy and fix the issue, hotfix now!
    Not sure who you are referring to but /signed on the hotfix now to fix this :P

Community Member

Bumping shamelessly.

I would venture to say that this is the worst bug in the game, a real show-stopper.

Turbine, please comment!!

Losing millions of XP would be totally unacceptable. Especially when greeted with silence after reporting it.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by aa7threalm View Post
    so i reach level 25 with no favor and no epic destiny experience
    please fix this bug, and give me back up my epic destinys

I love the picture with all the closed tickets for unresolved issue. Maybe we should start a thread to see who can show the most closed tickets for an issue that was never fixed. It might be fun, plus at least we get something back for the time we spent putting all those tickets in that got washed down the drain.

For the record- for ppl who are scared, I will say that I THINK this has only happened to people using the free tr, not ones where they use hearts of wood. So if you are desperate and want to give money to a company as a reward for not fixing this issue, that is probably a safe option. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Shmuel; 08-27-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    I love the picture with all the closed tickets for unresolved issue. Maybe we should start a thread to see who can show the most closed tickets for an issue that was never fixed. It might be fun, plus at least we get something back for the time we spent putting all those tickets in that got washed down the drain.

For the record- for ppl who are scared, I will say that I THINK this has only happened to people using the free tr, not ones where they use hearts of wood. So if you are desperate and want to give money to a company as a reward for not fixing this issue, that is probably a safe option. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    I have read of one case where the person specifically said they used the free LR (with no issues) and after doing a different LR (not free) they encountered the issue.

Oh and for the record of course this bug is 100% unnaceptable and the response to it has been equally unnaceptable.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Oh and for the record of course this bug is 100% unnaceptable and the response to it has been equally unnaceptable.
    For the record... What has the *actual* response been? I don't work for Turbine after all so I don't know what has been *actually* going on.

I know what the perceived response is.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    For the record... What has the *actual* response been? I don't work for Turbine after all so I don't know what has been *actually* going on.

I know what the perceived response is.
    No public warning to customers.

No attempt to shut down the effected systems.

No response that damage done will be fixed.

Basically just closed tickets and you are out of luck.

When you are dealing with a bug which deletes data the company has an obligation to warn it's customers, fix damage done, and do everything possible to prevent more occurances.

They have not done any of those things. That is why it is unnaceptable.

Community Member

That is why it is unnaceptable.
    And it's par for the course for Turbine, but what can people do besides gripe about it? Is there any other recourse?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

No public warning to customers.

No attempt to shut down the effected systems.

No response that damage done will be fixed.

Basically just closed tickets and you are out of luck.

When you are dealing with a bug which deletes data the company has an obligation to warn it's customers, fix damage done, and do everything possible to prevent more occurances.

They have not done any of those things. That is why it is unnaceptable.
    Yeap, that covers just about all of the perceived. Now about the rest of the *actual* I'm still waiting.

Given the fact it is hard to reproduce and doesn't hit everyone, just a small portion, why shut down a money maker given the majority that it does work?

Is it good PR? not at all. But who will more than likely spend more money? The new person or a person that knows the ropes? Business looks at customers as cattle all the time as they just try to figure out how to get the prime cuts out of us on the lands they give us to graze on.

Now I'm not saying you are wrong in your feelings at all, I agree with them. But I think it would be better if there was actually a player accessible database for bugs that fed into Turbines. This way players could see player submitted bugs and not the behind the scenes bugs that Turbine writes defects against that could show internal engine workings to competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    And it's par for the course for Turbine, but what can people do besides gripe about it? Is there any other recourse?
    http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-r...-hgts-ma-81889

Better Business Bureau of course
    Click on the "File a complaint against Turbine, Inc."

BBB will send the complaint to Turbine, and again 14 days later if no response, and track it. You can read about the exact details of complaints.

Community Member

Stop giving them money is the only recourse as a player you have. This is the worst bug I've ever experienced in an MMO and it would only be an after thought if it was FIXED.

/signed

edit BBB is a great idea, they were an A+ and already down to b- now
    Last edited by Rush007; 08-27-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-r...-hgts-ma-81889

Better Business Bureau of course
    Click on the "File a complaint against Turbine, Inc."

BBB will send the complaint to Turbine, and again 14 days later if no response, and track it. You can read about the exact details of complaints.
    Yup, MMOs should not get a free pass compared to all other products put out by companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Yeap, that covers just about all of the perceived. Now about the rest of the *actual* I'm still waiting.

Given the fact it is hard to reproduce and doesn't hit everyone, just a small portion, why shut down a money maker given the majority that it does work?

Is it good PR? not at all. But who will more than likely spend more money? The new person or a person that knows the ropes? Business looks at customers as cattle all the time as they just try to figure out how to get the prime cuts out of us on the lands they give us to graze on.

Now I'm not saying you are wrong in your feelings at all, I agree with them. But I think it would be better if there was actually a player accessible database for bugs that fed into Turbines. This way players could see player submitted bugs and not the behind the scenes bugs that Turbine writes defects against that could show internal engine workings to competitors.

Cyr stated "the response to it has been equally unnaceptable. "

the response... well it's been... no response, which is the point... so there would be NO "actual" response otherwise people wouldn't be complaining about the way they've responded to it.

A FREE Lesser Reincarnation... how much money you really think they pull in on those???

just REMOVE the free LR and not shut down Reincarnation, which seems to be the culprit and send everyone a Lesser Heart... if anything by not addressing this problem...

actually they stand to lose money by people not buying Hearts in fear losing something and not sure if they'll get back anything lost if that should happen and potentially lose customers when the trust in Hearts is lost.

they also need to to respond to an epic fail like this... by restoring anything lost by this promptly

wouldn't it be better PR to actually have people post about what a great job Turbine did by correcting one of the worst nightmares of a gamer... instead of people having to play Eberron Roulette and hoping the bullet didn't up in the chamber for them while doing a Reincarnation???

If people don't trust the Reincarnation system... that surely does not bode well for DDO

You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast