Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I feel ya, mine is still broken and i dont want to TR to fix it. (TR? YES I SACKED ALL QUESTS IN ORDER TO GET ALL MY EDS THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT BACK IS ACTUALLY RESETTING THE COMPLETIONS)

Community Member

not going to comment about this, cos i whatever i could say wouldnt be even remotely politely (and no, it didnt happen to me yet).

Just had some 'strange' thing happening to me. The ppl that had it happening swapped out by chance a feat at fred and got some nice message about pre-requisite feat changed and thus destiny trees were reset? I mean before they did a lr.

Did that just now on my lvl 6 druid (for which fred is nicely bugged anyways on top of evrything). Swapped out the feat i just too at lvl up for something else cos i changed my mind (the last feat taken is the only i can swap out always as druid currently). And as soon as i finished that, i got 4 messages, each stating that the 4 ed trees i had unlocked or leveld in were reset, due a prerequisite feat swaped out.

Community Member

Hi,

Some more official commentary on this would be really good.

And thanks to the people who are keeping this thread going. +1 when I can.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Right now we're on an extremely aggressive bug crushing spree.
    While some of them are stuff like "Fixed the Astral Vibrance icon in the tree!", others are more complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    We do a mix of both. Losing Epic XP during reincarnation was a high severity one, for example.
    < https://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4705944 >

We're still waiting.
    Last edited by SycronIV; 09-27-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Community Member

Im just confused and dissapointed to be honest.

No1 lost ED exp due to crashing...but they fixed it, so the even less of the very few in a hypothetical future wont be affected! I simply dont know what to say..everyday i look over the forums to see if there is hope. But so far its all political dodgyness

Id like a simple answer really. Will i get my epic exp back? Yes/No

Community Member

Hi,

It's good to hear about the bug-crushing spree. Could the communications people go on a spree too? Send some of that sugar their way, bug-fixers, so they too can be energised.

We don't really even need a spree. But what we would like is for someone from Turbine to stick their head in here and engage by answering some of the questions people have about this bug. Rather than the canned "Thank you, come again" stuff we've had so far.

Is TRing and LRing now safe? If not, when will it be? What will be done for people whose characters are damaged by the bug? At least try to answer these questions, for goodness' sake.

That would not be asking too much, I don't think. Just show a very basic level of care and service for your customers.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    Id like a simple answer really. Will i get my epic exp back? Yes/No
    You forgot the 3rd option: File_not_found.

(Sorry, it's early, I haven't had my coffee, and I just scanned T-D-W-T-F, which I would wager has seen more than one submission of code snippets from DDO)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Okay so let me get this straight. I have toons which I haven't used any reincarnations on since the XPAC came out. I have levelled my toons up to about level 23 and gotten a lot of XP in at least one destiny. If I use up my free LR now (assuming those still work), will I lose all that destiny XP which I have accumulated up to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Okay so let me get this straight. I have toons which I haven't used any reincarnations on since the XPAC came out. I have levelled my toons up to about level 23 and gotten a lot of XP in at least one destiny. If I use up my free LR now (assuming those still work), will I lose all that destiny XP which I have accumulated up to this point?
    According to the devs there is a "Small chance" of this happening. You can help prevent that from happening by making sure you spend all banked XP, all enhancements, and all destiny XP, as well as any other unresolved character options you have (I have no idea if activating favor patrons matters, but I'd do it to be safe). However, even still, there is a chance something could go screwy.

So the question to ask yourself is: How often do you roll 1's?

Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    According to the devs there is a "Small chance" of this happening. You can help prevent that from happening by making sure you spend all banked XP, all enhancements, and all destiny XP, as well as any other unresolved character options you have (I have no idea if activating favor patrons matters, but I'd do it to be safe). However, even still, there is a chance something could go screwy.

So the question to ask yourself is: How often do you roll 1's?
    Right, so after all this time, they still haven't fixed it. I took a break from playing around the time I first discovered this bug. I guess I'll be taking another couple of months break. Not sure if I will bother coming back this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Right, so after all this time, they still haven't fixed it. I took a break from playing around the time I first discovered this bug. I guess I'll be taking another couple of months break. Not sure if I will bother coming back this time.
    They have evidently found and squashed one cause (Crashing during a reincarnation process), but that may not be a major factor. Dev statements make it sound like this is a high priority, though, so lack of progress is probably not from lack of trying.

Is there no way you could play and enjoy this game without using a LR?

Community Member

I'd like to TR sometime this year. But I have all destinies maxed out, and I sure as heck am not going to risk losing that. Come on, Turbine. Get a fix working for this. At the very least, implement some method of tracking completed destinies so you can restore the ones folks lose. I mean, for god's sake. DO SOMETHING. NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    They have evidently found and squashed one cause (Crashing during a reincarnation process), but that may not be a major factor. Dev statements make it sound like this is a high priority, though, so lack of progress is probably not from lack of trying.

Is there no way you could play and enjoy this game without using a LR?
    My characters were all outdated even at the time of the XPAC release. I'm missing several feats which are prerequisites for epic feats and have used several +3 tomes which means I now meet the requirements for other feats which I had previously been unable to take. My latest character is almost a year old, the others 2+ years old, with all the skills and feats that were relevant in that era. So I've gotten about as far as I can go on my outdated builds, all of my characters are well geared and built, but they would gain a significant increase in power from LR tweaking. So I've reached a dead end and my interest in starting to wane. Bugs like this have played no small part in that.

I used the free lesser reincarnate few days ago. i didn't lose any Epic destiny xp when i crashed on the ship putting skill points.

Community Member

99% of people that lr or tr can do so very safely
    BUT if the 1% happens to be you, (it seems untill the devs find the cause then fix it), tough either bank the char or restart all over again ( unless its the favor bug in wich case you are totaly knacked as lose all flags and cant reflag)
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ew_vastano View Post
    99% of people that lr or tr can do so very safely
    BUT if the 1% happens to be you, (it seems untill the devs find the cause then fix it), tough either bank the char or restart all over again ( unless its the favor bug in wich case you are totaly knacked as lose all flags and cant reflag)
    say what now?
    Favor bug?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badnade View Post
    say what now?
    Favor bug?
    There is a chance that some quests will bug and you keep getting end rewards from said quest, without ever completing. So, if it happens to some flag quest, they are not completed hence you can't flag for said raid.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with LR/TR but make sure to complete and turn end rewards in of every quest you have on your panel log before actually LRing.

Community Member

drumroll.

Will we ever get service? Will we ever get answers? Will customer satisfactory ever matter?

Tolero and Cordovan. Could you provide the people actually paying your salary with some information as to what the current standing of this matter is?

Again. Will the people who lost stuff be compensated? Is there a idea as to when this will happen? Do you not think waiting for 9-10 weeks is enough? Do we really need to leave the game before you actually grasp how serious this matter is to us?

This silence is utterly inconsiderate and disrespectfull. If you dont agree feel free to elaborate why you feel this way.

If you guys arent willing to provide answers tell Fernando to.

Community Member

I forgot to mention. Were working on it isnt an answer. An answer would be "It will be fixed next patch which will be released "insert date"

Since fernando mentioned there would only be 2 bugfixes before the end of this year it would mean it has to be the next one if at all this year. Dont treat us like donkeys chasing a carrot

Quote Originally Posted by Badnade View Post
    say what now?
    Favor bug?
    It happened to me during a LR once. Certain favor rewards, most notably the Argonessen favor that grants 10 extra HP, and the Coin Lords favor that grants a bonus to Intimidate, bugged when I LRed and I lost the hp and the bonus to intimidate.
    There is no fix for it. Or at least there wasn't last time I played.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast