Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    Its pretty easy to find the expiration of ddo's licence from wotc. Hasn't changed since 2009/10'ish time frame. It is still end of 2013.
    Hi,

Thanks, but there are other reasons why a business may close besides the expiry of a license.

Some of them include losing customers by alienating them with a buggy product, providing poor support to existing customers, or better products being available elsewhere.

My point was not so much that I think DDO is about to close, but rather that a decline in customer service is one thing you see from companies that are closing.

Of course, you can also get poor customer service from with companies that are healthy. I don't really know which category DDO/Turbine falls into.

Take care.
    Last edited by blerkington; 09-18-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

and still no word from devs team
    so bump
    Main:- Clerivast - 3rd life - 30 Cleric, Alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 30, 12 Monk , 6 Ranger, 2 Fighter
    Alt:- Vastano 3rd life 30 Monk
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    Meh, the registration "disappeared" on the same month/day as its previous renewal a few years earlier. The grace period prevented someone from permanently poaching the registration. Yes, I am quite sure many reminders were sent to Turbine in the time leading up to the renewal date, and for whatever reason they were ignored. In reality, none should even be needed for such a valuable asset, as domains have been cyber squatted and sold for millions of dollars. It was a case of epic incompetence, that as I recall left even Chai appalled..
    Im more realistic about the issues Turbine has and pick and choose my battles and discuss specifics rather than being completely ambiguous and makign vague blanket statements about how much money the company is supposedly losing and how many people are supposedly walking out the door never to return. When I do see something as an issue I do ask for it to be fixed

I'd compare it to forgetting to renew my house insurance, except my house isn't worth millions of dollars, and it won't automatically catch on fire the day the insurance lapses.

Everything we have seen since that point, including the expansion, update 15, and the very problem described in the title of this thread, points to an organization that has totally spun out of control. If you wish to believe there are other equally valid explanations for Turbine's failure to renew its domain registration, you might as well start to believe that the people in this thread complaining about lost epic destiny XP are just fabricating the entire incident.

Turbine's failure to execute is the one commonality that pervades everything we are seeing, and those who would offer up excuses and rationalizations for that failure are simply telling Turbine that its present performance is acceptable. I'll commend Turbine on its performance when (and if) it ever again merits such a commendation.
    Theres that vague nonspecific claim again. Spinning out of control? More like balling out of control. They just launched an expansion based on the best selling lore in the genre, and even the "ill never give Turbine another red cent" crowd who offer up these vague nonspecific blanket complaints after every single update jumped back on the bandwagon and spent money on the expansion and epic destinies. Ive been seeing players log in nowdays that I havent seen in years.

Im more than willing to talk about specific issues (like the LR bug) where their performance is not acceptable, but using this as a vague blanket statement over years of time after every single update to the game is incorrect, and has been proven so by the sheer fact that after years and years of trash talking about how DDO is supposedly on its last leg, the game is still here for the same people doing that trash talking to log into and entertain themselves. According to many of the louder forumites, DDO has been on its last leg for 4+ years now. And other than labeling those who point this out a fanboi or appologist, those making this claim have nothing to back said claim up with.

We will probably be here in another 4 years having this same discussion, and people will still be claiming that the game is on its last leg.

Community Member

Hi,

Pages and pages of discussion, thousands of views of this thread, and still no official answer.

Fine. I didn't want to do this, but you've forced my hand. It's poetry time.

An official comment
    Would be very nice. Why can't
    You throw us a bone?

There's a lot more crappy haiku where that came from, and it can get much worse from here on in.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    Astrican on Khyber

So is this all still happening? Are there people losing millions of exp when they free lesser reincarnate?

I want to lesser reincarnate but am kind of paranoid now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    the sheer fact that after years and years of trash talking about how DDO is supposedly on its last leg, the game is still here for the same people doing that trash talking to log into and entertain themselves.
    having a paltry amount of users (under 10k concurrent) is considered on a last leg for mmo's with worldwide exposure. just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    having a paltry amount of users (under 10k concurrent) is considered on a last leg for mmo's with worldwide exposure. just saying....

Look at the title of this thread: It`s about a lesser reincarnation bug. I don`t care about the number of users in DDO it`s another topic that I encourage you guys to start your own thread on.

Sooo... Can someone tell me if it is safe to lesser reincarnate or will I lose 10 million exp?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicolaos View Post
    Look at the title of this thread: It`s about a lesser reincarnation bug. I don`t care about the number of users in DDO it`s another topic that I encourage you guys to start your own thread on.

Sooo... Can someone tell me if it is safe to lesser reincarnate or will I lose 10 million exp?
    It's not safe yet, you could lose all your exp or you could not.

And please, keep the discussion about DDO dying in another thread. I don't want this closed. I'm still hoping we will see some kind of action taken for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolaos View Post

According to devs, there is still a "Small percentage chance" you could have one of many different things go sideways if you attempt to LR (Including loss of destiny XP, loss of tomes, etc.). If you wish to risk it, here is a post from a dev stating the best way to insulate yourself against bad things happening (note this is NOT guarenteed):

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    THE best practice is to not attempt a reincarnation if you have outstanding business left to take care of (like having lingering enhancement points to spend with your class trainer, or banked XP towards a next level). Investigation on this has been tricky and it is possible that this is not the root of the errors.
    Also, unrelated to your query but relevant to the thread, OFFICIAL DEV COMMENT:

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We turned off reincarnation during yesterday’s investigation into various performance issues as a precaution while we investigated. We’ve determined that reincarnation was not contributing to the issues, and are re-enabling it. Thanks for your patience while we evaluated this important character system.

We are aware that a very small percentage of reincarnated characters have experienced inaccurate character data, including quest log loss, epic destiny experience loss, or tome benefits not re-applying. We consider these errors to be very important, and are continuing to monitor and investigate these incidents; we will resolve these issues for affected characters as soon as a solution is available. If you have previously contacted us regarding your character you do not need to submit another ticket.

In some cases, there are steps that can be taken to resolve reincarnation-related issues:
    • Epic Destiny errors can often be resolved by switching from one active destiny to another and then back, or by resetting your destinies to refresh the destiny tree view.
    • Players who use the reincarnation system should level up/spend outstanding points prior to speaking with Kruz to further minimize the possibility of destiny / quest log errors.
    • In some cases after reincarnation, tomes may not be applied until the appropriate level or after logout/in after leveling.

Thank you for your patience as we continue our work to resolve the errors for these characters.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    According to devs, there is still a "Small percentage chance" you could have one of many different things go sideways if you attempt to LR (Including loss of destiny XP, loss of tomes, etc.). If you wish to risk it, here is a post from a dev stating the best way to insulate yourself against bad things happening (note this is NOT guarenteed):

Also, unrelated to your query but relevant to the thread, OFFICIAL DEV COMMENT:

Thanks a lot for the info Brennie!

Community Member

The expansion was an epic flop. The game is bleeding players and one of the most lively recent threads on the forums was discussing GW2
    MMOs are always "bleeding players" when the latest hyped game of the month comes out. "Those of us" who have played MMOs for over a decade are tired of generalizations from 'experts' on the forums.

That dev post makes it sound like... TRs aren't safe either (yes?).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    MMOs are always "bleeding players" when the latest hyped game of the month comes out. "Those of us" who have played MMOs for over a decade are tired of generalizations from 'experts' on the forums.

That dev post makes it sound like... TRs aren't safe either (yes?).
    Yep, don't use any kind of Reincarnation if you wanna be safe.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    "Those of us" who have played MMOs for over a decade are tired of generalizations from 'experts' on the forums.
    LMAO.

Some of us have expertise that extends beyond playing MMOs for over a decade

Community Member

so on a thread somewhere the devs have said its a bug NOT related to reincarnation

hmmmmmmm funny how it happens during re-incarnation, not for instance as you are entering a quest

like any non mug is gonna believe you could lose any one of your things (favor, epic destiny xp, tomes etc etc etc) during re-incarnation but it has absolutly nothing to do with you using a heart
    Main:- Clerivast - 3rd life - 30 Cleric, Alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 30, 12 Monk , 6 Ranger, 2 Fighter
    Alt:- Vastano 3rd life 30 Monk
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Is there a population of people that ARE having success with LRing? I have to LR b4 I TR but don't want to waste all that epic xp. Would be nice to get some testimonials.

Edit: Destiny xp
    Deedeeo- 18th life Completionist (12monk/6Ranger/2Artificer) ~ Sonos- 3rd life Artificer (sorc, bard PLs) ~ Tronsector- 3rd Life Wizard
    Flavored Soul- 2nd life Sorc(FVS PL). (and umpteen bank toons and experiments) Member of Synergia(lvl100)-Argonessen

Community Member

Hi,

First, I'd still like to get some more official comment about this. I'm not the only one either.

Secondly, it's just a guess, but the bug could be at least partly related to how your classes and levels are recorded. I remember when my main, who has three classes, got his first epic level, the epic level was displayed in third position on the character sheet.

I wonder if the problems with LRing have something to do with epic levels just being treated as another class level rather than a completely distinct data element.

Was this what occurred? Was there a good reason for it, or was it just a programming shortcut which has had some severe, unintended consequences? I doubt that we'll ever know, but if it was this hopefully lessons have been learnt.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    Is there a population of people that ARE having success with LRing? I have to LR b4 I TR but don't want to waste all that epic xp. Would be nice to get some testimonials.

Edit: Destiny xp
    I LR'd my level 25 pure barb a week ago with no issues at all.

Community Member

Itrd my main between 50-60 days ago and lost all ED's (multiclass)
    someone else on this thread has been waiting longer then me 60+ and was a pure cleric and lost his shizzle

Its basicly completely random as to wether you will be affected and how. Theres lots of stuff that can happen, its kinda like russian roulette atm...

As for the theorycrafting about what and how something happened. I got a hunch. DDO was coded with a max of 3 classes, the fact that you could NOT change classes when you were a dual class with epic destinies suggests the epic destinies to be considered as a CLass according to the games coding. Now the reason most affected players were triple classes leads to suggest that the epic destinies are considered to be the 4th class. Which is a impossibility in the coding and therefor dissapears or something else goes wrong. If this is the problem the game is having its sortof fubar since they cant simply change a root problem without doing what theyve been famous to do(fix something to cause a catastrophic domino effect of bugs). This perhaps is also the reason they probably havent really given a statement and simply reactivated the reincarnations altho nothing changed. Now its a tomato tomatoe story wether you can or should phrase it like tolero did (its not related to reincarnating). Its most definately related to reincarnating otherwise it wouldnt happen while reincarnating. Yes the reincarnating mechanics are fine and doesnt show anything wrong. The problem is the game has the rule/impossibilty of having 4 classes (triple splash + EDs). Anyway thats what i think, either way, this should have never been possible to happen in the 1st place if they actually tested it properly.

TR/LR= NOT SAFE, just because someone managed to reincarnate without any issues does not mean its safe. Just because they turned it back on claiming its not related does not mean its true. The only reason they reactivated it saying nothings wrong is cashflow. Any other reason does not make sense, saying its not related to reincarnating is ofcourse utter bs.
    Last edited by Wabisuki; 09-20-2012 at 05:13 PM.

*Bump*

Has ANYONE got their ED's back? I'm curious.
    Has Turbine taken ANY corrective measures to reimburse the players that have lost their time and energy?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

I just don't get it...

Not 1 official comment on such an important issue in this thread.

This is the type of thing that makes people leave mmo's - & a simple comment, not to mention helping these people out (didn't Turbine help people who lost tomes a while ago) would go so far in quenching so much simmering resentment

Sometimes I think turbine have a hari kari suicide wish.....

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast