Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Community Member

bump
    oh has anyone who lost there destinies had them returned yet?
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Community Member

I mean, they shut down the Reincarnation NPC (Kruz), fix the 3rd class bug with LR/GR but won't say a word to those who lost exp?

Man, this really sucks.

Community Member

are you realy suprized the most vocal of the people who lost there ed's are currently enjoying GW2 so looks like this problem will realy just go away
    probably along with 20% of the population

by the way what is the critical minimum mass before ddo dies?
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    I mean, they shut down the Reincarnation NPC (Kruz), fix the 3rd class bug with LR/GR but won't say a word to those who lost exp?

Man, this really sucks.
    I'm guessing this is a "Plausible deniability" situation for them.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I'm guessing this is a "Plausible deniability" situation for them.
    I think they're using industry standard troubleshooting methods:

Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Community Member

I have recently quit the game because as of yet they have simply failed to take any steps in returning all ED exp lost to the players affected eventho this issue is a direct consequence of their lackluster coding.

I have gone trough numerous channels, QA team, Customer support, Called WB games, BBB better business bureau, Ingame support, tech support, bug reports, literally EVERYTHING they have to offer me in terms of service. So far no service has been delivered.

Because im angry of losing MILLIONS of exp i used $$$exp pots to get, bought from THEIR store, LRD using THEIR reincarnation and have as of yet received NO recompensation NOR service i have thought of a way to make them listen. Well i think it will make them listen. I have an old colleague working for Power unlimited who is in contact with several gaming magazines. With this old colleague we were talking about how many unreliable game developers/producers suddenly appeared. Most of these games are free to download etc etc were not talking hardcopy games but "free to play" games. My friend/colleague answered that they had been getting lots of complaints about NUMEROUS companies handling issues like turbine is/has been. As a consumer i have the responsibility and the right to demand a degree of service from products i invest money in, so i have decided together with my old colleague to write an article about it. Yes you can look forward to reading an article about Turbines lackluster/fraudulant behaviour which ofcourse will result in a direct link with WB games with all the consequences thereafter. I have already managed to rile up a lot of LOTR people to provide (Power unlimited)information regarding issues we can consider lackluster/fraudulant. Most common in these complaints was misadvertising. Ofcourse the people at power unlimited would love to get their hands on your juicy information to. If you do not know this magazine there are several other names you can write to and i should be getting my hands on your letter regardless. Gameinformer, Powerunlimited, Gamasutra etc

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label. (think about the changes they made to the preorder packs of both DDO and LOTR)

As in regards to the issue i had initially had regarding service its come to my attention that its not just the coding thats deadwrong. Turbine has been walking in the grey when it comes to legitimate practices for all to long. Diggin into turbines past you find out LOTS of things if you look in the right spots. Also just for peoples information MOTU got rushed because Atari is releasing NWN start coming year. There is also a lawsuit going on between Turbine and Atari considering..well....basicly....theft or simply Turbine not paying what they owe. (sound familiar?)
    Last edited by Wabisuki; 09-14-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I've avoided commenting, but:

I understand completely and entirely support people expressing their frustration both at having this happen and at what they perceive as a lack of response in the forums.

I fully expect that there will be complete restitution of anything lost as soon as possible, otherwise, at that time, I would be VERY disappointed.

I don't agree with the unnecessary bashing and threats, thats just childish.

Did you ever consider, though, how hard this might be to pin down, how inappropriate and even dangerous it would be to attempt any type of compensatio0n without completely understanding what happened and why it happened, and other, really plausible reasons why Turbine staff might not want to, or might not even be allowed to, comment on this until such time as the problem is well defined, the damage is contained and proper reparations are designed that don't cause more problems than they fix?

You wouldn't like THAT outcome I am sure.

You should give them credit for not interfering with your continued requests for feedback, although they would be within their technical rights to do so, it does show they care and are trying not to be mean or rude about the situation.

I have not always approved of everything Turbine has done, but I have had much, much worse issues with other companies which have cost me as much or more time lost, and substantially more in terms of stress, direct money loss and sometimes even more.

We cannot assume that it is not in their best interest to devote substantial resources to this, and that they are not doing so. If you assume they are ignoring this, I'd like proof before I can come to such a conclusion.
    Last edited by My2Cents; 09-13-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    Did you ever consider, though, how hard this might be to pin down
    Pretty damn easy to pin down, just heavily resource intensive which is probably the kicker.

They have backups of the database. You go back to the database, and do a copy of characters effected pre the fup.

You play with those characters step by step to reproduce and see just what changes and the logic calls that happened were.

Without the backing of higher ups giving the go ahead to do so, the fast way of solving the issue just isn't happening.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    I have recently quit the game because as of yet they have simply failed to take any steps in returning all ED exp lost to the players affected eventho this issue is a direct consequence of their lackluster coding.

I have gone trough numerous channels, QA team, Customer support, Called WB games, BBB better business bureau, Ingame support, tech support, bug reports, literally EVERYTHING they have to offer me in terms of service. So far no service has been delivered.

Because im angry of losing MILLIONS of exp i used $$$exp pots to get, bought from THEIR store, LRD using THEIR reincarnation and have as of yet received NO recompensation NOR service i have thought of a way to make them listen. Well i think it will make them listen. I have an old colleague working for Power unlimited who is in contact with several gaming magazines. With this old colleague we were talking about how many unreliable game developers/producers suddenly appeared. Most of these games are free to download etc etc were not talking hardcopy games but "free to play" games. My friend/colleague answered that they had been getting lots of complaints about NUMEROUS companies handling issues like turbine is/has been. As a consumer i have the responsibility and the right to demand a degree of service from products i invest money in, so i have decided together with my old colleague to write an article about it. Yes you can look forward to reading an article about Turbines lackluster/fraudulant behaviour which ofcourse will result in a direct link with WB games with all the consequences thereafter. I have already managed to rile up a lot of LOTR people to provide (Power unlimited)information regarding issues we can consider lackluster/fraudulant. Most common in these complaints was misadvertising. Ofcourse the people at power unlimited would love to get their hands on your juicy information to. If you do not know this magazine there are several other names you can write to and i should be getting my hands on your letter regardless. Gameinformer, Powerunlimited, Gamasutra etc

False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising. As advertising has the potential to persuade people into commercial transactions that they might otherwise avoid, many governments around the world use regulations to control false, deceptive or misleading advertising. "Truth" refers to essentially the same concept, that customers have the right to know what they are buying, and that all necessary information should be on the label. (think about the changes they made to the preorder packs of both DDO and LOTR)

As in regards to the issue i had initially had regarding service its come to my attention that its not just the coding thats deadwrong. Turbine has been walking in the grey when it comes to legitimate practices for all to long. Diggin into turbines past you find out LOTS of things if you look in the right spots. Also just for peoples information MOTU got rushed because Atari (THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF DDO) is releasing NWN start coming year. There is also a lawsuit going on between Turbine and Atari considering..well....basicly....theft or simply Turbine not paying what they owe. (sound familiar?)
    wow you really sound stressed....maybe a vacation/holiday might help ?

Did you ever consider, though, how hard this might be to pin down, how inappropriate and even dangerous it would be to attempt any type of compensatio0n without completely understanding what happened and why it happened, and other, really plausible reasons why Turbine staff might not want to, or might not even be allowed to, comment on this until such time as the problem is well defined, the damage is contained and proper reparations are designed that don't cause more problems than they fix?

Point is, it would be nice to get ANY response in this thread, if only to tell us "we know it's happened to a number of players, we're investigating it, and we plan to eventually offer some means for those players to get their progress back". (And if there HAS been a dev/mod response in THIS thread, about THIS issue, then my bad for missing it.)

I think everyone understands it may be a really hard problem to solve/track, but it's the lack of any communication at all that's frustrating. I've got 1 character I want to TR, and 2 I want to LR, all 3 of whom have some Epic Destiny progress, and I simply don't want to take the chance of losing that progress without some assurance that if it DOES happen, I'll have some way of getting it back, even if it might be some time in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member

I've avoided commenting, but:

I understand completely and entirely support people expressing their frustration both at having this happen and at what they perceive as a lack of response in the forums.

I fully expect that there will be complete restitution of anything lost as soon as possible, otherwise, at that time, I would be VERY disappointed.

I don't agree with the unnecessary bashing and threats, thats just childish.

You should give them credit for not interfering with your continued requests for feedback, although they would be within their technical rights to do so, it does show they care and are trying not to be mean or rude about the situation.

I have not always approved of everything Turbine has done, but I have had much, much worse issues with other companies which have cost me as much or more time lost, and substantially more in terms of stress, direct money loss and sometimes even more.

We cannot assume that it is not in their best interest to devote substantial resources to this, and that they are not doing so. If you assume they are ignoring this, I'd like proof before I can come to such a conclusion.
    There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not fixing something that is IN YOUR POWER to be fixed.

Turbine can restore a backup of a borked character. Turbine can simply give you back the missing XP.

There is no excuse for not fixing this.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

You know, maybe rather than toss out those witty fan-boy retorts, you should take a moment and think about what's being said. Perhaps, because this issue hasn't effected your character/s personally, you forget just how much is lost. When someone as a consumer has invested time and MONEY into a product, to get shafted in such a way as this, they have EVERY right to be displeased and request some form of recompense.

Why? It's simple: you don't give money to something that does not provide service. If you were at a restaurant and your server took your order wrong, then brought it to you cold, or ignored you for your entire meal, I'm pretty certain you'd either speak with management or opt out on tipping, and the same philosophy stands true with any product. (Yes, I am FULLY aware that this is a game and not a bacon cheeseburger, but still, it's the principle.) If you are not satisfied, have been wronged, etc, etc, you speak with customer service. Some form of agreement is made, whether it's a refund, exchange, so on and so forth, SOMETHING is done.

The problem here is that NOTHING is being done.

"Oh, I'm sure they're working on it, it'll happen ASAP." is not acceptable anymore. Is it right to make someone wait nearly two months, and not even bother making the effort to at least keep contact with them? I'm sorry, but if you think that's acceptable, there's something wrong with you. I have years of experience in customer relations, yes, sometimes people are ridiculous, but in this case, the only thing that's wrong here is the absolute negligence and lack of response being provided to those who are experiencing this issue. You all know you'd be just as upset if this happened to you, maybe to some it's not as big a deal, but be honest here: this type of disservice is not doing anyone in this game any favors, and it will NOT encourage new players, nor hold an already dwindling player base.

I fail to see how it's childish as a consumer to utilize programs and information that has been provided to us for our own benefit. Sharing experiences, good or ill feedback alike, is what helps companies see where they're strong, and where improvements may be needed, as well as helping other consumers NOT end up in a situation like this. Perhaps it should be considered a wake-up call. People are EXTREMELY dissatisfied, and nothing is being done. When you start researching things like complaints lodged with the BBB, etc, you notice more and more similar issues with unresponsiveness. Don't get me wrong, there's a LOT of things that are handled well, and a lot of great reviews. Overall, the game had been fun, but in the end, lack of proper support and the immediate call-to-arms by all those fanboys (and girls) out there whenever someone voices a viable complaint or different perspective, is a real game killer.

I've recently seen some great friends and players alike quit due to these issues, and no, it's not the fact that the bug HAPPENED that's the problem,(I understand things can sometimes just happen) it's the fact that experience isn't being granted back that is. Yes, imo, they really should give it back, it was hard and fairly earned, and again, not the fault of the player who's spent the time, money and resources to try and enjoy this game. This is a hobby, this is something we do recreationally to have fun, and many of us have invested quite a bit into it. So, to those of you out there who make your little retorts and seem to lose sight of the fact that you too are playing the same game, I'll say this: you're the ones who are being childish, because you know it would bother you if this happened to you too.

In the three years I've been playing this game, I've seen a lot of ups and downs. I hoped I'd never have to post a single message on this forum like this, because I know it's full of fanboys, and more than likely, there's nothing my words can do. I never complained when I lost my tomes, or my gear when my bank glitched, or even got angry during a multitude of other bugs. I'm not even really angry about this bug, I'm just sad nobody could be bothered to assist, and that one of the things I always looked forward to: getting to play my favorite game with a great friend, is no more. Ignoring an issue will NOT make it go away, attacking someone for speaking out about it will not help either. In the end, all it does is hurt everyone (players, GMs, Turbine, etc) more.

I'll end this simply. Please, PLEASE grant the epic destiny xp back to everyone who lost it. I know I'm just one person, one paying customer, but I'm asking you politely. Please read all the other players in this thread, and everywhere else who just want to be able to play this game we all enjoy. And again, try to put yourself in the position of someone who DID lose all that experience, you wouldn't appreciate some wise-crack either, and you'd be upset too, so don't be a hypocrite.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not fixing something that is IN YOUR POWER to be fixed.

Turbine can restore a backup of a borked character. Turbine can simply give you back the missing XP.

THANK YOU! +1 (since I can't give 1,000)

So I went through the drivethrough at McDonalds today.

Food was not ready yet so they had me park in a designated space.

Took two minutes instead of thirty seconds to get my meal. They threw in an apple pie and apologized for the wait. Note, I did not say anything about the wait.

Contrast that for a minute with how Turbine deals with their own much bigger screw ups.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    So I went through the drivethrough at McDonalds today.

Food was not ready yet so they had me park in a designated space.

Took two minutes instead of thirty seconds to get my meal. They threw in an apple pie and apologized for the wait. Note, I did not say anything about the wait.

Contrast that for a minute with how Turbine deals with their own much bigger screw ups.
    First, McTurbines would make you pay for your food before you even order it.

After placing your order, McTurbines would probably tell you that there was no known issue with missing food, and to go park in that designated spot (i.e. file a bug report). When you went to park in the designated space, it would have a delivery truck parked in it (i.e. bug reporting tool doesn't work).

If they didn't bother to tell you that missing food was not a known issue, they'd eventually tell you to refile your ticket (i.e. if you are unable to wait online 4 hours for a reply, they just close it and do nothing since you're not online for a proper ignoring).

If you went inside and stood in the McTurbines lobby and complained, they'd just pretend you didn't exist (i.e. posting in the forums).

McTurbines has lots of other customers who won't hear your complaints about missing food, and lots of McFanboys who will say that you're crying over nothing, since their order arrived just fine.
    Last edited by Barazon; 09-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Community Member

This is scary because it shows Turbine shows a lack of respect for our time spent grinding these things out.
    It seems like only a matter of time before something like this happens to me and I know what kind of response to expect from Turbine then (none at all).

Very scary to invest so much time and have it taken away without a response...

Community Member

I'm thinking maybe they're worried (or they know) that there's an <insert the name of those things that players do to "cheat" to their advantage against the "rules"> involved and they're not aloud to talk about it by company policy until it's rendered moot.

My main is waiting for LR too.

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    Point is, it would be nice to get ANY response in this thread, if only to tell us "we know it's happened to a number of players, we're investigating it, and we plan to eventually offer some means for those players to get their progress back". (And if there HAS been a dev/mod response in THIS thread, about THIS issue, then my bad for missing it.)

I think everyone understands it may be a really hard problem to solve/track, but it's the lack of any communication at all that's frustrating. I've got 1 character I want to TR, and 2 I want to LR, all 3 of whom have some Epic Destiny progress, and I simply don't want to take the chance of losing that progress without some assurance that if it DOES happen, I'll have some way of getting it back, even if it might be some time in the future.

Community Member

An acknowledgment of the issue: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=392289
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post

I agree that there is no excuse for not fixing it. And I'm running under the assumption that they have a substantial amount of resources devoted to looking into it. How do you know they're not fixing it?

And, given your very understandable frustration I only wish to say, I hope you would want to get your character restored to a place that would not cause you any further headaches. I know I would. Unless Turbine is a bunch of crooks, I'm very sure they'd want to make very sure that any restorations or compensations did not cause any MORE problems and the best way to do that is to be able to define / reliably repeat / reliably repair the problem.

I really do feel for what you are going through and I in no way mean to minimize it. I'm only trying to say that its my best guess that Turbine also understands its in their best interest to get this wrapped up ASAP too.
    Last edited by My2Cents; 09-13-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    First, McTurbines would make you pay for your food before you even order it.

After placing your order, McTurbines would probably tell you that there was no known issue with missing food, and to go park in that designated spot (i.e. file a bug report). When you went to park in the designated space, it would have a delivery truck parked in it (i.e. bug reporting tool doesn't work).

If they didn't bother to tell you that missing food was not a known issue, they'd eventually tell you to refile your ticket (i.e. if you are unable to wait online 4 hours for a reply, they just close it and do nothing since you're not online for a proper ignoring).

If you went inside and stood in the McTurbines lobby and complained, they'd just pretend you didn't exist (i.e. posting in the forums).

McTurbines has lots of other customers who won't hear your complaints about missing food, and lots of McFanboys who will say that you're crying over nothing, since their order arrived just fine.
    You forgot that:

1. They forgot to pay their rent, so between the time you left the window and the time you arrived at the designated spot, the building would have disappeared.

2. Every time they arrived to deliver said food, they changed the food to a more "reasonable calorie count" as dictated by them, not you.

3. Even though they bring you the correct receipt, it lists the food you actually ordered on your last visit, not the current one. (release notes?)

4. The food portions reduce themselves each time you reorder, so you are encouraged to purchase different foods each time, thereby encouraging you to purchase more. (Heroic/Epic repeats?)

5. When the burger arrives, a handy message pops up, asking you if you wish to spend additional money for the bun, cheese, and condiments since those weren't included. (and you weren't told this up front when you ordered.)

6. Your food is delivered at 1000 degrees farenheit, but for an additional fee you can have that food delivered ready-to-eat. (Pay to bypass existing mechanics)

7. Every time you send in a written complaint, an employee tells you that it's not a known issue and therefore they can't help you. Oh, and is there anything else that I can't help you with today? (In-game GM's)

8. Every time they change their menu, the building nearly burns down and they have to rebuild it. (Hello fixes lately?)

9. The food only fills your stomach without any actual food benefits, since they forgot to encode the nutritional requirement part. But that's ok, they changed the menu description so what are you complaining about? (ALtering descriptions instead of fixing the mechanic)

10. They reduced the count of mcnuggets from 10 to 3, since too many people were ordering them, promised to bring them back up after outrage, and never did. (Challenges?)

11. They post lengthy requests for feedback about how their ketchup tastes, while they decide quietly to remove the meat from burgers and implement random condiments in the rest of their line without any explanations. (Adding random nerfs in like Hard to Kill?)

12. To add to the "fun factor" of receiving your food, McTurbine decides that with each burger, there will be a random combination of ingredients, because.. well.. Hey, that would be more fun, right? (Feather's loot?)

and theres more... lol.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast