Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Rogue life maybe

Yeah I was thinking just as a monk life......something different to get through the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by tygara View Post
    This could in fact work very well as a stickbuild, but I still think you are better off going with a 13rogue/6fighter/1druid for a stickbuild, might be more dps in the end
    RTFM on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    It's great to be able to see the interaction of different alacrity boosts on the character sheet now. It'd be great to see a screenshot of the full boost applied, I guess it would be 15 haste+15 haste boost+25 fatal for a total possible of 55%.

Hmm, 12 rogue/7 Druid acrobat II could have 15 haste+30 boost+15 acrobat+25 fatal=85% alacrity! Vanshilars needs to fix up his charts it seems ...
    Last I checked, class haste boost enhancements and Dreadnaught haste boost are exclusive.

I am thinking of a 12 rogue/8 druid (may end up changing that split) for TR'ing my berserkrobat (since supreme cleave isn't the awesome thing it was now).

OP:

I really like the sounds of this build. And have a 2nd life monk that I rarely play anymore, so sounds like TR time! I have to ask though, why cleave? You can't get momentum swing, you aren't using it as a prereq for anything else. Is it just there so you can AoE hit stuff? I think I may have to try this monstrosity with half-elf.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member

What's your gear set?
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Last I checked, class haste boost enhancements and Dreadnaught haste boost are exclusive.

I am thinking of a 12 rogue/8 druid (may end up changing that split) for TR'ing my berserkrobat (since supreme cleave isn't the awesome thing it was now).

OP:

I really like the sounds of this build. And have a 2nd life monk that I rarely play anymore, so sounds like TR time! I have to ask though, why cleave? You can't get momentum swing, you aren't using it as a prereq for anything else. Is it just there so you can AoE hit stuff? I think I may have to try this monstrosity with half-elf.
    Your objection doesn't make sense, I was incorrect in that post as thought that fatal harrier and haste stacked as that was the premise of the build when the OP posted but there isn't 2 haste boosts there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Your objection doesn't make sense, I was incorrect in that post as thought that fatal harrier and haste stacked as that was the premise of the build when the OP posted but there isn't 2 haste boosts there.
    My apologies, I must have just read something wrong there.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

OP:

It is infact true that haste boost from a class (in this case 15% rogue enhancement haste boost) and haste boost from dreadnought (30% at t3) are exclusing so you have to make a chosie between the 2. Since the dreadnought one provides the biggest boost, you obviously choose for thatone.

I personally like cleave to 2 reasons.
    1- Charge MB faster, as cleave is on a 6second cooldown and doesnt slow your attack animations dramatically so it can easy be used in your regular attack circulation. It also provides a +1 WD, so an obvious bonus on top of it.
    2- Once MB is active, it really gives you a true benefit to really start prepping the next mob which is already smashing on you while you are working on the stunned mob to keep MB going. Same goes for keeping your attack speed from FH up, if you use every 6sec your cleave attack you are in fact already prepping your next target so that it is in fact less HP that you gotta take down once ya truely start going out on that mob to keep all bonusses up.
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Rogue Shadar-Kai (30th life) - completionist
    Swiing - Artificer (10th life) Supherring - Sorcerer (6th life)

I personally like cleave to 2 reasons.
    1- Charge MB faster, as cleave is on a 6second cooldown and doesnt slow your attack animations dramatically so it can easy be used in your regular attack circulation. It also provides a +1 WD, so an obvious bonus on top of it.
    2- Once MB is active, it really gives you a true benefit to really start prepping the next mob which is already smashing on you while you are working on the stunned mob to keep MB going. Same goes for keeping your attack speed from FH up, if you use every 6sec your cleave attack you are in fact already prepping your next target so that it is in fact less HP that you gotta take down once ya truely start going out on that mob to keep all bonusses up.
    That is more or less what I was looking for, thank you.

Community Member

All I can say about that is, play a melee druid, cast a haste on yourself and see the effect.
    I have played in the mean time already 3 druid melee builds all with Fatal Harrier, and I do know very well what stacks and what not
    See, I'm tempted by this build for my next Monk life TR, but I'm wondering if this is not WAI if they are both typed equally in the description text. Perhaps its stacking has been overlooked and is due a fix? I know in the past any supernice attack rates have been nerfed (like how Monks used to be in Windstrike) and replaced with Doublestrike, to reduce server load...

So I wonder if this is due a nerf, from reading the thread so far. I'll probably take a gamble and roll one anyway; can just TR it again I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    See, I'm tempted by this build for my next Monk life TR, but I'm wondering if this is not WAI if they are both typed equally in the description text. Perhaps its stacking has been overlooked and is due a fix? I know in the past any supernice attack rates have been nerfed (like how Monks used to be in Windstrike) and replaced with Doublestrike, to reduce server load...

So I wonder if this is due a nerf, from reading the thread so far. I'll probably take a gamble and roll one anyway; can just TR it again I guess.
    I believe someone confirmed later in the thread that they do not stack. Therefore, any nerfage that may come isn't from something bugged or not WAI.

OP: Was thinking about gearing, what sort of handwraps do you use? Ones with +10 stun? Or do you use a Dun'robar ring for that?

Community Member

Yeah I noticed that from the rest of thread and meant to come back and edit but slipped my mind, sorry!

may I have the damage breakdown? Referring to the X(1d6)+48 in the pics

sorry if you have already posted and I've just skipped it.

I have 1 question:
    -From my personal experience with a monk triying to reach enough counters to activate Master Blitz (Seems to take forever...and i have cleave too). How much time takes for you to reach the 50 counters??
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Does Combat Brute actually work with hand wraps? My monk maxed out LD but there was no increase in weapon damage displayed on the character sheet. Of course it could just be a display bug, but it would be hard to tell one way or the other.

Regardless, thanks for posting this. Really interesting stuff.

Community Member

Default WF because i cant change it

How different will it be if it is wf instead. atm it is lvl 14 wf light monk i will GR/LR it according to your build.

How will it affect the build? with lvl ups going to wis

Community Member

Thank you very much for posting this build. I look forward to trying it!

A question, though: It seems like a lot of the perks are built around having trash on-hand to kill and boost counters. How does it do when this is not the case? Would you suggest another ED for raids like, say, LoB and MA?
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
    Thank you very much for posting this build. I look forward to trying it!

A question, though: It seems like a lot of the perks are built around having trash on-hand to kill and boost counters. How does it do when this is not the case? Would you suggest another ED for raids like, say, LoB and MA?
    I dont tend to change my ED, since no other ED will give the amount of extra dmg that the LD gives
    I know very well that with the high amount of fortification some bosses have, you may be doubt if it is really worth it, but all I can say is then that you gotta make sure that your entire party has the fort debuff arsenal covered, that makes more then up for not needing to change out of LD ever imo.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstre View Post
    How different will it be if it is wf instead. atm it is lvl 14 wf light monk i will GR/LR it according to your build.

How will it affect the build? with lvl ups going to wis
    You have the base of the build typed out here, so all I can say is change the build to suite it towards your needs
    I refuse to butcher or change my own build around for every person who would like a little change added to it, coz it would jsut take way too much of my time and effort towards that to be honest. The base build is well layed out that I dont think it would be hard at all to change it towards your needs and playstyle.
    Next to that, I also refure to make melee WFs to be honest, dont like em at all, since imo human or helf monks are the best choise to go (with Horc a close follower)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    I have 1 question:
    -From my personal experience with a monk triying to reach enough counters to activate Master Blitz (Seems to take forever...and i have cleave too). How much time takes for you to reach the 50 counters??
    It honestely kind of depends on the situation and how fast mobs obviously come
    I honestely never had any severe issues with not being able to charge my MB fast enough, if it takes too long imo in combat, I just charge it out of combat and then restart all over with my charges for attack speed, doesnt take too long to have thatone back at full anyway

Quote Originally Posted by korsat View Post
    may I have the damage breakdown? Referring to the X(1d6)+48 in the pics

sorry if you have already posted and I've just skipped it.
    Already posted in this thread, page 1
    Last edited by tygara; 10-19-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Thinking about those EDs:

Would changing Sense Weakness to Piercing Clarity be a viable idea?

I've also thought of just using some other EDs like Dance of Flower, Hail of Blows and Running with the wind. 6% chance to doublestrike and 1.5[W] more damage. (That is, if Heal and Wind stacks).

Been planning to start this build with my 2nd life TR:

15 STR
    15 DEX
    14 CON
    10 INT
    16 WIS
    8 CHA

Going to buy +3 WIS tome so I can put 2 ability scores into STR. I could also drop DEX to 14 and increase STR to 16, but then I'd get TWF only at lvl 4 (and have to take a lvl of druid probably at lvl 3, then take a monk at lvl 4)
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Thinking about those EDs:

Would changing Sense Weakness to Piercing Clarity be a viable idea?

I've also thought of just using some other EDs like Dance of Flower, Hail of Blows and Running with the wind. 6% chance to doublestrike and 1.5[W] more damage. (That is, if Heal and Wind stacks).

Been planning to start this build with my 2nd life TR:

15 STR
    15 DEX
    14 CON
    10 INT
    16 WIS
    8 CHA

Going to buy +3 WIS tome so I can put 2 ability scores into STR. I could also drop DEX to 14 and increase STR to 16, but then I'd get TWF only at lvl 4 (and have to take a lvl of druid probably at lvl 3, then take a monk at lvl 4)
    Sense weakness is a lot of extra dps on a monk due to the very high attack speed
    IMO that is literly a must have twist, so I honestly never really tried any other high trist-point ability (next to the the maxed out haste boost when I was leveling other destinies as I am addicted to attack speed lol)

According to what I saw myself, but dont take my word on it, as I can be wrong, its been a while since I played that thing since I am TRing again already, is that the hail of blows does stack with the running with wind ability
    Obviously for every unarmed attack build, dance of flowers is akind of a must have twist, 1.5 extra WD is a lot on a monk lol.

I truely recommand getting that +3dex though, the lower your dex is to start, the most you can free up for wis and str which are really the power abilities in this particular build. Although even with 15 dex, starting stats seem well balanced, should work out perfect to get it to the point where you want it to get for your own playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by the613 View Post
    How to go about this one.......... how about I tell you that the only things that didn't exist in pnp (3.5e) is bard/pally, barb/pally, druid/pally, monk/barb, and monk/bard. In pnp a druid can be neutral good, lawful neutral, true neutral, chaotic neutral, or neutral evil. A monk can be any lawful alignment, so a lawful neutral druid/monk could exist. Also, this assumes you are talking about a druid/monk, taking "durid" to be a typo.
    Actually you can have an exmonk/barbarian or an exbarbarian/monk, or an exmonk/bard. You can do this with those others but they lose a lot more. There is a feat for multiclassing bard and paladin, as well as some other combinations. (Monks and paladins can't go back to lvl'ing those classes after multiclassing in 3.5e).

Community Member

Actually you can have an exmonk/barbarian or an exbarbarian/monk, or an exmonk/bard. You can do this with those others but they lose a lot more. There is a feat for multiclassing bard and paladin, as well as some other combinations. (Monks and paladins can't go back to lvl'ing those classes after multiclassing in 3.5e).
    Okay, didn't think about that, but that just pushes my point further.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast