Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 135
  1. #21
    Community Member dredre9987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    How do you have your destiny setup since a bunch will not work with unarmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

  2. #22
    Community Member voxson5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Hi OP,

    Is fatal harrier the same as the +alacrity from black dragonscale? (would they stack)

    Looks like a very nice build. Wind stance for doublestrike I assume?
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

  3. #23
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    What about 10 rogue/7 Druid/3 monk? 2% less doublestrike but an extra 15.5 SA/hit or so
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  4. #24
    Community Member voxson5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    What about 10 rogue/7 Druid/3 monk? 2% less doublestrike but an extra 15.5 SA/hit or so
    Big trade offs though, no shadow fade; touch of death, abundant step, and less base Damage (+ loads of other fluff like ki strikes, option for earth 3 etc)

    Wouldn't necessarily lose imp. Evasion, but still down a feat.

    (love rog sneak attack though )
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

  5. #25
    Community Member Veriden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecerak View Post
    I thought fatal harrier and haste didn't stack? In that case you only go from 15% to 25% by having harrier, and you don't gain anything at all unless you have more than 3 stacks.
    It stacked when I cast haste on him in monestary. All in all this build is amazing though lets kinda find a way to keep it from the devs. Monks don't need any more nerfs.

  6. #26
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    It stacked when I cast haste on him in monestary. All in all this build is amazing though lets kinda find a way to keep it from the devs. Monks don't need any more nerfs.
    It's great to be able to see the interaction of different alacrity boosts on the character sheet now. It'd be great to see a screenshot of the full boost applied, I guess it would be 15 haste+15 haste boost+25 fatal for a total possible of 55%.

    Hmm, 12 rogue/7 Druid acrobat II could have 15 haste+30 boost+15 acrobat+25 fatal=85% alacrity! Vanshilars needs to fix up his charts it seems ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  7. #27
    Community Member tygara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    How do you have your destiny setup since a bunch will not work with unarmed?
    My dreadnought is setup to work totally with unarmed
    I know that a lot is bugged with dreadnought towards unarmed attacking (looking at you, stupid momentum swiing / pulveriser) but fact is, even without those 2 abilities which are actually rather nice, it is still too much of dps to give up. I have my 24point s setup as followed:
    t1 legendary tactics 3
    t1 Extra action boost 3
    t1 strenght
    t2 improved PA
    t2 strenght
    t3 haste boost 3
    t3 critical damage 3
    t5 devestating critical
    t5 advancing blows
    t6 masters blitz

    Twist:
    Fury - t4 sense weakness
    Flowersniffer - t2 Dancing with wind
    Flowersniffer - t1 Dance of flowers

    There is not a single ability in that entire setup that does not work with unarmed strikes that I am aware off, all abilities are focussed to increase dps potential (so nothing wasted on defenses) and it gives a sick combination when combining with high attack speed / air stance / double strikes


    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    It's great to be able to see the interaction of different alacrity boosts on the character sheet now. It'd be great to see a screenshot of the full boost applied, I guess it would be 15 haste+15 haste boost+25 fatal for a total possible of 55%.

    Hmm, 12 rogue/7 Druid acrobat II could have 15 haste+30 boost+15 acrobat+25 fatal=85% alacrity! Vanshilars needs to fix up his charts it seems ...
    I do not work with rogue haste boost (which only provides due to the single rogue level 15% attack speed)
    I do in fact work with the maxed out haste boost from dreadnought, so the full 30%
    All in all together, full speed buffs running, it applies to a lvl12 mnk air stanced attack speed (so not earth which slowers it significantely) + Haste 15% + Haste boost 30% + Fatal Harrier 25% = 70%

    I can kind of see what you mean with the actobat, it might indeed attack a little faster, but I am convinced that the monk will provide more dps then the acrobat.
    Also dont forget that innate, the attack speed (not boosted at all) of a monk unarmed attacking is already faster then a stickbuild, so in the end it might actually equal out.

    I would fraps it if I could, the full attack speed, but unfortunately it aint a possibility for me, sorry
    Last edited by tygara; 08-25-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Rogue Shadar-Kai (30th life) - completionist
    Swiing - Artificer (10th life) Supherring - Sorcerer (6th life)

  8. #28
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tygara View Post
    My dreadnought is setup to work totally with unarmed
    I know that a lot is bugged with dreadnought towards unarmed attacking (looking at you, stupid momentum swiing / pulveriser) but fact is, even without those 2 abilities which are actually rather nice, it is still too much of dps to give up. I have my 24point s setup as followed:
    t1 legendary tactics 3
    t1 Extra action boost 3
    t1 strenght
    t2 improved PA
    t2 strenght
    t3 haste boost 3
    t3 critical damage 3
    t5 devestating critical
    t5 advancing blows
    t6 masters blitz

    Twist:
    Fury - t4 sense weakness
    Flowersniffer - t2 Dancing with wind
    Flowersniffer - t1 Dance of flowers

    There is not a single ability in that entire setup that does not work with unarmed strikes that I am aware off, all abilities are focussed to increase dps potential (so nothing wasted on defenses) and it gives a sick combination when combining with high attack speed / air stance / double strikes




    I do not work with rogue haste boost (which only provides due to the single rogue level 15% attack speed)
    I do in fact work with the maxed out haste boost from dreadnought, so the full 30%
    All in all together, full speed buffs running, it applies to a lvl12 mnk air stanced attack speed (so not earth which slowers it significantely) + Haste 15% + Haste boost 30% + Fatal Harrier 25% = 70%

    I can kind of see what you mean with the actobat, it might indeed attack a little faster, but I am convinced that the monk will provide more dps then the acrobat.
    Also dont forget that innate, the attack speed (not boosted at all) of a monk unarmed attacking is already faster then a stickbuild, so in the end it might actually equal out.

    I would fraps it if I could, the full attack speed, but unfortunately it aint a possibility for me, sorry
    A screenshot with the 70% alacrity would be cool.

    I agree that TWF'ing is more DPS. Important to differentiate between attack speed and doublestrike though.

    Certainly a nice opportunity for an acrobat build, something like 12 rogue/7 Druid/1 monk or 13 rogue/7 Druid but that's for another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  9. #29

    Default

    Ace idea of a build. Nice job, OP.

    Unfortunately:

    1. A dev is so watching this thread, already. I'd put money on it.
    2. Double enhancement bonus to melee alacrity, stacking? I smell Nerf.
    3. Enjoy the build while it lasts

    Until a Dev pops in and says 'WAI' then I won't rush out to build this, or a version of it. That said, I might just go test a Druid 7 with a friendly haste caster to witness it for myself.

    Updated Again:

    Just did some testing with a level 7 Druid and a friendly Bard. It looks according to swing animation speed there is No stacking - when the fatal harrier buff expired while hasted, there was a small, noticeable decrease in attack speed, which is consistent with going from 25% to 15% alacrity. When I had a 5 stack of Fatal Harrier for 25%, then had a haste caste on me, there was no noticeable speed improvement.

    The character sheet does not show any stacking either, simply the full 25% alacrity with both 5 stacks of Fatal Harrier and Haste applied.
    Last edited by Arlathen; 08-26-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

  10. #30
    Community Member ~SyZoRe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    #0091C2
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Hands down, seen it in action, a fcking beast..

    mitu will single handedly nerf the whole game
    ~ P h o e n i x - K n i g h t s ~
    ~Thyron || Trysania || Syzore ♠Orien♠ Orcitous || Thyborn || Kruusk~

  11. #31
    Community Member Nuryam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Looks awesome. I hope you don't mind me shamelessly copying this build? :P

    I got bored with my pure druid around level 11 and have been looking around what to do with him. Had different builds on my drawing board. But this one just delegated them to the temporary archive.

    I have a slightly different setup in levels and stats (2nd lifer with paladin past life). And I have a long ways to go before hitting level 25 still. By then they will most likely have changed things around again with regard to melee speed stacking. Right now though with 3 monk and 7 Druid I already notice the synergy.

    I noticed you put 2x toughness in the featlist (for people without the past life feats). Did you plan that to offset the -2 to Con from Air Stance?

    Gr Nuryam

  12. #32
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    7,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Ace idea of a build. Nice job, OP.

    Unfortunately:

    1. A dev is so watching this thread, already. I'd put money on it.
    2. Double enhancement bonus to melee alacrity, stacking? I smell Nerf.
    3. Enjoy the build while it lasts

    Until a Dev pops in and says 'WAI' then I won't rush out to build this, or a version of it. That said, I might just go test a Druid 7 with a friendly haste caster to witness it for myself.

    Updated Again:

    Just did some testing with a level 7 Druid and a friendly Bard. It looks according to swing animation speed there is No stacking - when the fatal harrier buff expired while hasted, there was a small, noticeable decrease in attack speed, which is consistent with going from 25% to 15% alacrity. When I had a 5 stack of Fatal Harrier for 25%, then had a haste caste on me, there was no noticeable speed improvement.

    The character sheet does not show any stacking either, simply the full 25% alacrity with both 5 stacks of Fatal Harrier and Haste applied.
    So haste and fatal harrier don't stack?

    Still not bad, it's like the old tempest I splash without the feat cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    So haste and fatal harrier don't stack?

    Still not bad, it's like the old tempest I splash without the feat cost.
    Yeah, pretty much, but I can still see why the OP build works so well. Fatal Harrier + Haste Boost 4 + Unarmed Base Attack Speed is pretty sick. Combine that with a ungodly amount of Doublestrike (I'm thinking about 19.5% with the right twists) and throwing out massive DC stuns and I can see the build being the next death machine.

    I didn't see mention explicitly, but Dark Monk is crying out for Half-Elf as a racial choice as well. 6D6+13 auto sneak damage on stuns would be just an even more sickening.

    What I don't think is explained well here is also how well Master's Blitz plays into the picture as well. The build obviously excels against destroying trash fast and efficiently, so combine that with a running Masters Blitz and the DPS output would get even more badass.

    One interesting area to look at would be in heavy 6-man group play with some Insta-kill players (PMs & Assassins) stealing kills away from this build. I think the OP mentioned the faster and harder you play the build, the better it is, and in these kind of scenarios would have utilise every ounce of speed to get the kill counters stacking up.

    I'm having real difficulty in *not* rolling this build for a go though, it appeals to my inner speed demon in the most complete way since Ranger lost its Tempest 1 speed perk and I TR'd my acrobat...
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

  14. #34
    Community Member tygara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Yeah, pretty much, but I can still see why the OP build works so well. Fatal Harrier + Haste Boost 4 + Unarmed Base Attack Speed is pretty sick. Combine that with a ungodly amount of Doublestrike (I'm thinking about 19.5% with the right twists) and throwing out massive DC stuns and I can see the build being the next death machine.

    I didn't see mention explicitly, but Dark Monk is crying out for Half-Elf as a racial choice as well. 6D6+13 auto sneak damage on stuns would be just an even more sickening.

    What I don't think is explained well here is also how well Master's Blitz plays into the picture as well. The build obviously excels against destroying trash fast and efficiently, so combine that with a running Masters Blitz and the DPS output would get even more badass.

    One interesting area to look at would be in heavy 6-man group play with some Insta-kill players (PMs & Assassins) stealing kills away from this build. I think the OP mentioned the faster and harder you play the build, the better it is, and in these kind of scenarios would have utilise every ounce of speed to get the kill counters stacking up.

    I'm having real difficulty in *not* rolling this build for a go though, it appeals to my inner speed demon in the most complete way since Ranger lost its Tempest 1 speed perk and I TR'd my acrobat...

    Fact is, I intended to play this build mostely solo in epics, and that is also what I am doing the most
    The build really excels as a solo build, its definately the best by far I ever played for a melee based build.
    I sometimes do play in a party, but then I tend to play with players that really know me and that I do really know myself. I dont really like pugging all that much. Also, if you do play solo, you dont ahve to worry about kill stealers, and if you do play like me in grps of people that you know, you can easy explain to them that the build really turns on getting the killing blows. I havent found a single caster yet that doesnt understand the fact fo jsut not fingering the mob that I am working on and that I got stunned. If you explain it to them that you need the killing blow for this build to really excell, a good player will understand and accept that, and actually play towards the common goal of really pushing the limits as team play.

    Master blitz is SICK on this build. I have in this build already been able to keep it up for over 5 minutes (EH Reclaiming the Rift, full party) I should actually with this build go to Weaponshipment Elite and see how long I can keep it going there hehehe. I have personally already with blitz running seen crits that go over 4k damage, and on a monk build that is just retarded. We are also talking about just base hits of 450-600 dmg (on helpless mobs), and the attack speed that you put out, that is just asking for dropping mobs in under 2seconds at that moment. To give you a point of reference. 2man EH Trial by Fury, a wizard PM and me on this build, you have at the 4th trial of might the big amount of spider that pop up, with at the end the orange named. Obviously that moment is jsut begging to blitz out, and obviously you got extremely fast everything at max as how it is suppose to be. That orange named died literly in under a second. Got a stun on my first hit, and speed + MB + double strikes did the rest. My buddy, the PM, couldnt even target him to try to finger him. He was shocked as before it we were literly debating who would get the killing blow on him, and he stated that he would try to finger him. For him not to be able to target that named guy, ya can kind of already figure out what dmg output I am talking about at that moment then.

    I myself am walking around with a standard 13.5% doublestrike chance, with then obviously the prock from the windstance possible from the sun set.

    Also, I know very well that this build should actually be a helf build with the rogue dilletant, and then go 1 artificer instead of the 1 rogue. I will give you full credit for that thoughtproces, as I personally had been debating it myself aswell. Reason I didnt do it is coz that crappy completionist feat has to be bought and I was 1 feat short to be able to make the build with the feats in it that I wants, so unfortunately I didnt have any other option then to go human.
    Last edited by tygara; 08-27-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Rogue Shadar-Kai (30th life) - completionist
    Swiing - Artificer (10th life) Supherring - Sorcerer (6th life)

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Tygara, thanks much for posting the build. And on your thoughts on how you play it and why you made certain choices. You've definitely giving me some things to think about.

    I have a half-Orc 12onk/7fighter/1art that I'm trying to decide which way to take, tank or DPS. My thought was an Earth III/Kensai I high strength and high wisdom LD running at 25% boosted attack speed (from class) chained back to back with the destiny benefits (20 second boost/20 second cool down). Additional number of boosts from class, PrE, race, and epic destiny. Attack bonus as high as possible so full Half-Orc Power Attack can be used. Crowd control with Stunning Fist (55-60DC) and Blow, maybe Trip if can fit in (I like it and seems to be viable again in Epics).

    Even without the harrier boost would you still stay in air stance or do you think the extra multiplier on earth stance and 40+HP (+3 con) are a fair but viable trade off?
    .

  16. #36
    Community Member tygara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Humperdink View Post
    Tygara, thanks much for posting the build. And on your thoughts on how you play it and why you made certain choices. You've definitely giving me some things to think about.

    I have a half-Orc 12onk/7fighter/1art that I'm trying to decide which way to take, tank or DPS. My thought was an Earth III/Kensai I high strength and high wisdom LD running at 25% boosted attack speed (from class) chained back to back with the destiny benefits (20 second boost/20 second cool down). Additional number of boosts from class, PrE, race, and epic destiny. Attack bonus as high as possible so full Half-Orc Power Attack can be used. Crowd control with Stunning Fist (55-60DC) and Blow, maybe Trip if can fit in (I like it and seems to be viable again in Epics).

    Even without the harrier boost would you still stay in air stance or do you think the extra multiplier on earth stance and 40+HP (+3 con) are a fair but viable trade off?

    This is jsut me now, but I personally never use anything else then air stance. My old build was a hate tank, 12mnk/6ftr/2pali and in 99% of the fights I ended up tanking in air stance even. People keep giving numbers on the forums and what stance is better and all, and I do in fact read them, but still, they havent gotten me convinced at all yet that earth is now the must-be stance. Air for me is way more dps, and it is very hard to draw me away from that thought process.
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Rogue Shadar-Kai (30th life) - completionist
    Swiing - Artificer (10th life) Supherring - Sorcerer (6th life)

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tygara View Post
    Fact is, I intended to play this build mostely solo in epics, and that is also what I am doing the most
    The build really excels as a solo build, its definately the best by far I ever played for a melee based build.
    I sometimes do play in a party, but then I tend to play with players that really know me and that I do really know myself. I dont really like pugging all that much. Also, if you do play solo, you dont ahve to worry about kill stealers, and if you do play like me in grps of people that you know, you can easy explain to them that the build really turns on getting the killing blows. I havent found a single caster yet that doesnt understand the fact fo jsut not fingering the mob that I am working on and that I got stunned. If you explain it to them that you need the killing blow for this build to really excell, a good player will understand and accept that, and actually play towards the common goal of really pushing the limits as team play.
    Its team work at the end of the day, the team that plays together - stays together

    Quote Originally Posted by tygara View Post
    Master blitz is SICK on this build. I have in this build already been able to keep it up for over 5 minutes (EH Reclaiming the Rift, full party) I should actually with this build go to Weaponshipment Elite and see how long I can keep it going there hehehe. I have personally already with blitz running seen crits that go over 4k damage, and on a monk build that is just retarded. We are also talking about just base hits of 450-600 dmg (on helpless mobs), and the attack speed that you put out, that is just asking for dropping mobs in under 2seconds at that moment. To give you a point of reference. 2man EH Trial by Fury, a wizard PM and me on this build, you have at the 4th trial of might the big amount of spider that pop up, with at the end the orange named. Obviously that moment is jsut begging to blitz out, and obviously you got extremely fast everything at max as how it is suppose to be. That orange named died literly in under a second. Got a stun on my first hit, and speed + MB + double strikes did the rest. My buddy, the PM, couldnt even target him to try to finger him. He was shocked as before it we were literly debating who would get the killing blow on him, and he stated that he would try to finger him. For him not to be able to target that named guy, ya can kind of already figure out what dmg output I am talking about at that moment then.
    I thought as much hence my comments. Great examples of the build capabilities here. Positively salivating at the ideas running around my head (See below).

    Quote Originally Posted by tygara View Post
    I myself am walking around with a standard 13.5% doublestrike chance, with then obviously the prock from the windstance possible from the sun set.
    I think you might want to up that as much as you can. Doublestrike is the unsung hero of U14 in my opinion, with random-loot having the bonus now and GMoF opening more opportunity to build on it, I think people will be astounded at the effectiveness if they build for it. I have a Qstaff THF build now that rocks 27% doublestrike, buffing to 42% with Lightning Mace and that is totally cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by tygara View Post
    Also, I know very well that this build should actually be a helf build with the rogue dilletant, and then go 1 artificer instead of the 1 rogue. I will give you full credit for that thoughtproces, as I personally had been debating it myself aswell. Reason I didnt do it is coz that crappy completionist feat has to be bought and I was 1 feat short to be able to make the build with the feats in it that I wants, so unfortunately I didnt have any other option then to go human.
    I can't deny that with all the work of TRs you've put in taking the Completionist feat seems an auto choice really, so I cant fault you for going Human to get that in.

    However, in a different turn of events for myself...

    The Monk12/Druid7 is a fantastic idea, and I think I'll take your core idea and develop it into a theme character I've been debating for some time.

    Of course, the core build tenets stay the same - Speed, More Speed, Even More Speed on Top and 'Oh, would you like some more Attack Speed sir? How about some Doublestrike on the side too?', and combine it with some little extra nuggets:

    1. The build stays primarily unarmed, with as much Unarmed Attack Damage dice, Doublestrike, Alacrity, Stunning and LD Destiny goodies as this build can muster at its core. I have a first life Monk ready for a TR, so I can even pick up the Active PL feat and be on a 34pt life for this.

    2. Go Half-Elf, get the 6D6+13 Sneak Damage and find me some Epic Radiance Handwraps (Freely available in Random Loot). Stuns and no-save Blindness means lots of extra damage in all of that crazy attack speed.

    3. The build of course has proficiency, while Centered, with Shortswords meaning that GS Radiance weaponry, the Star of Day shortsword and Celestia are also viable options. With the terrific amount of base damage increasing steps available these should be decent DPS options although not as good

    4. Blindness - Blindness through the already mentioned Radiance weaponry and also capitilise on the Druid levels through self-buffed Freedom of Movement and throwing out Quickened Sleetstorms (theres no save on Blindness aspect). Great way to simulate having Displacement and automatic Sneak Damage through self-casting.

    5. If I'm already taking Quicken for Sleetstorm, then in-combat healing just became viable through spells. I think you already mentioned the Heal-Scroll and Heal-Amp angle, but with Half-Elf & Monk Improved Recovery and Quickened CSW/Vigor spells you never have to slow down to heal when you can jump-cast your way to the next fight.

    6. Concordant Opposition - With the increase of defense (AC that matters in Epics, Dodge%) ConOpp accessories and the Torc are on the wane. Well sod that, this build can pick up dual ConOpp shortswords dealing DPS and regenerating SP at the same time! Need to check that dual wielding the Shortswords effectively 'stacks' but I don't see any reason it shouldn't.

    I love my theme characters, so will totally play out the Ninja angle on this 'Smoke & Mirrors' build with Sleetstorms, Shortswords and Sneak Attack.

    I think I even have a pair of +5 Holy Handwraps of Radiance banked already.... and yes I do, ML22 and AML20
    Last edited by Arlathen; 08-28-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

  18. #38
    Community Member ~SyZoRe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    #0091C2
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tygara View Post
    Fact is, I intended to play this build mostely solo in epics, and that is also what I am doing the most
    The build really excels as a solo build, its definately the best by far I ever played for a melee based build.
    I sometimes do play in a party, but then I tend to play with players that really know me and that I do really know myself. I dont really like pugging all that much. Also, if you do play solo, you dont ahve to worry about kill stealers, and if you do play like me in grps of people that you know, you can easy explain to them that the build really turns on getting the killing blows. I havent found a single caster yet that doesnt understand the fact fo jsut not fingering the mob that I am working on and that I got stunned. If you explain it to them that you need the killing blow for this build to really excell, a good player will understand and accept that, and actually play towards the common goal of really pushing the limits as team play.
    well casters should do what i did.. i held them when i ran with you.. they will die faster than if i use wail lol
    ~ P h o e n i x - K n i g h t s ~
    ~Thyron || Trysania || Syzore ♠Orien♠ Orcitous || Thyborn || Kruusk~

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    599

    Default Interesting

    Nice build, very interesting.

    I was just playing with the build planner for my next life, which was going to be mnk12/rog6/ftr2 stick build and I think maybe swap to your build but cleave/great cleave/whirlwind spammer stick build..............

    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.14.02
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    
    DOOD Monk.druid.rog
    Level 20 Lawful Neutral Human Male
    (12 Monk \ 1 Rogue \ 7 Druid) 
    Hit Points: 268
    Spell Points: 455 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 16
    Reflex: 15
    Will: 18
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             16                    21
    Dexterity            14                    17
    Constitution         14                    17
    Intelligence         12                    15
    Wisdom               16                    21
    Charisma              8                    11
    
    Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
    
                      Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               6                     8
    Bluff                -1                     0
    Concentration         2                     3
    Diplomacy             3                     4
    Disable Device        5                    20
    Haggle                3                     4
    Heal                  3                     5
    Hide                  2                     3
    Intimidate           -1                     2
    Jump                  3                     5
    Listen                3                     5
    Move Silently         2                     3
    Open Lock             6                    22
    Perform              n/a                    n/a
    Repair                1                     2
    Search                5                    20
    Spot                  7                     9
    Swim                  3                     5
    Tumble                6                     7
    Use Magic Device      3                    23
    
    Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Cleave
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Barbarian
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Fighter
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Ranger
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
    
    
    Level 2 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Dodge
    
    
    Level 3 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
    
    
    Level 4 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Inevitable Dominion: Fists of Darkness
    
    
    Level 5 (Monk)
    
    
    Level 6 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Past Life: Berserker's Fury
    
    
    Level 7 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Combat Expertise
    
    
    Level 8 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 9 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave
    
    
    Level 10 (Monk)
    
    
    Level 11 (Monk)
    
    
    Level 12 (Druid)
    Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Wolf
    
    
    Level 13 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 14 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 15 (Druid)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons
    Feat: (Druid Wild Shape) Wild Shape: Bear
    
    
    Level 16 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 17 (Druid)
    
    
    Level 18 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Whirlwind Attack
    
    
    Level 19 (Monk)
    
    
    Level 20 (Monk)
    RTFM on Khyber

  20. #40
    Community Member tygara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default

    This could in fact work very well as a stickbuild, but I still think you are better off going with a 13rogue/6fighter/1druid for a stickbuild, might be more dps in the end
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Rogue Shadar-Kai (30th life) - completionist
    Swiing - Artificer (10th life) Supherring - Sorcerer (6th life)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload