Community Member

Default Motu Pricings , ingame store, website, steam

Hey there,

just curious about and aleady had some discussions why there is so much difference between what you get depending on where you buy.

On underdark.ddo.com and steam you can get a Motu Standard Edition including Greater learning tome, 1000 TP, Veteran Status 4 and 4 Ebberon Adventure Packs. It's called a Motu Standard Edition. Now in Ingame Store for around same price I can get a Motu Complete pack but it does not include those items that are included in what is called standard. Now this is some behavior Iam somehow confused about. There seem to be something to be meant as standard but a Motu standard is not included in Motu complete. I for myself always thought Complete would not be missing something and include standards.

Of course I know there are TP point offers and such the like in store but also have been those packs having offers in steam or the website so that could not really count to the difference. I do not ask for justification about this as marketing is always another way but I would just like to know why it has been done this way and not just being really the same.

Please beware english isn't my native tongue so there might be some misspelling.

Cheers

Community Member

It's basically a difference in whether you have to buy them with real money or turbine points. They are adding some bonuses to encourage spending money on the game. Turbine points can be obtained from grinding, the monthly points for being VIP, etc. so I assume turbine is trying to give an incentive to spending additional real money rather than using the points players have accumulated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bozone View Post
    It's basically a difference in whether you have to buy them with real money or turbine points. They are adding some bonuses to encourage spending money on the game. Turbine points can be obtained from grinding, the monthly points for being VIP, etc. so I assume turbine is trying to give an incentive to spending additional real money rather than using the points players have accumulated.
    While I agree that it might cost more because it's TP and can follow those arguments my question is still there, why it's called Complete if it's less than standard. They could have make it cost 6000TP for example and really include everything to be complete, or they could have just let it be what it is but not name it complete. I think this might lead to confusion if people see the offer on website and then just think. I just buy that in ingame store, buy some points and then don't get the same. And if people do so they actually paid real money too. Also I really think it should be same because farming 4995 points would be nearly 200 hours (if 25TP/hour) if it's a single non VIP person. So it's not likely that they loose big money because of such. Also if you think about giving a bonus for those who buy in real money because they earn more what about people buying in steam. They get more too but Turbine/WB propably get less money because Valve get their cut. That could be compared to people buying ingame and why is there all the ingame store promotions if they don't want people to use the ingame store ? Well. I just think it's unnecessary difference between those packs but the only thing I really dislike is that they call it complete while it's not. Just my opinion and no offence.

Cheers