Default Double Rainbow bugged if twisted?

On my sorc I have twisted double rainbow AND prism and I get no extra damage from it for some reason. I have prism stance turned on... When I look at the combat log and double rainbow goes off all that it says in the combat log is:

(Combat): you hit Angog the Champion with D N T Prism damage.

But no damage is done.
    Over and over.

In Shiradi Destiny this worked fine. Twisted in with both prism and double rainbow it does not give the damage.

Bug submitted... but anyone else having problems?
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Member of Captains Crew Ghallanda

When I switch over to shiradi I get all the procs and damage when I have prism stance on and up top it says double rainbow on my effects list.

When I go into any other destiny and turn prism stance on all I get is prism stance in my effects list. Do I have to have rainbow twisted as well??
    Characters: Groundnpound - Whatmanabar - Paleforce - ChonknorrisCaelasreth - Giggidy - DrGinger - Brassmonkey

Yes, you need to have double rainbow in one twist and prism in another.

Quote Originally Posted by giggiddy View Post
    When I switch over to shiradi I get all the procs and damage when I have prism stance on and up top it says double rainbow on my effects list.

When I go into any other destiny and turn prism stance on all I get is prism stance in my effects list. Do I have to have rainbow twisted as well??
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. You should try just Prism and Rainbow and see if that works properly.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison View Post
    Yes, you need to have double rainbow in one twist and prism in another.
    I have both double rainbow AND prism twisted. And have prism stance turned on.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Double rainbow requires rainbow which requires prism. Therefore, in order to twist double rainbow you need to twist in prism and rainbow as well. A dev has already commented on this and mentioned that this was WAI.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

As a note, the required twisting means it's impossible to twist a working Double Rainbow currently: it'll take something to the effect of 2 more Epic Destinies for it to be possible, sadly.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge_Clan View Post
    Double rainbow requires rainbow which requires prism. Therefore, in order to twist double rainbow you need to twist in prism and rainbow as well. A dev has already commented on this and mentioned that this was WAI.
    That's contrary to all the descriptions of it I've read here and on the wiki. My understanding is that Twists do NOT require their prereqs to be twisted. Link please.

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    As a note, the required twisting means it's impossible to twist a working Double Rainbow currently: it'll take something to the effect of 2 more Epic Destinies for it to be possible, sadly.
    Huh? Explain? Even if all three tiers of the double rainbow were required (which I'm sure they are NOT), prism - 2points, rainbow - 3 points, and double rainbow - 4 points, only adds up to 9, far short of the maximum 16 fate points currently available... Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by BOgre; 08-23-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

They require each other, I tried twisting prism/double rainbow, and it just doesn't work, it only activates the basic prism stance (it's like judge the many not working without judgement, rainbow doesn't work without prism, double rainbow doesn't work without rainbow)

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    That's contrary to all the descriptions of it I've read here and on the wiki. My understanding is that Twists do NOT require their prereqs to be twisted. Link please.

Huh? Explain? Even if all three tiers of the double rainbow were required, prism - 2points, rainbow - 3 points, and double rainbow - 4 points, only adds up to 9, far short of the maximum 16 fate points currently available... Or am I missing something?

to twist double rainbow the cheapest possible:
    fate slot 1: 1, 2, 3, 4 fate points to get it to tier 4 to be capable of carrying double rainbow (10 points)
    fate slot 2: 2, 3, 4 fate points to get it to tier 3 to be capable of carrying rainbow (9 points total)
    fate slot 3: 3, 4 fate points to get it to tier 2 to be capable to carry prism stance (7 points total)

total fate points required to twist a working double rainbow: 26 fate points, requiring at least 72 destiny levels (24 fate *3), and a +2 tome of fate. So they'd need to add 5 new destinies to get enough fate points. (or add 3 destinies and make the "6th level" count for fate points)

Ah, ok, I had the upgrade costs wrong. And wow, pricey. But still, doublerainbow should NOT require rainbow and prism... well, i guess it should and shouldn't... you shouldn't require prereqs, but since the double rainbow requires you to be IN prism stance... hmm. seems kinda bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Doh!! All... That.... Grind....

Oh well shiradi is a fun destiny to be in!
    I twisted evo focus from magister and draconic as well as sp from angel and am in shiradi and it's crazy!

Thanks fr all the info guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    They require each other, I tried twisting prism/double rainbow, and it just doesn't work, it only activates the basic prism stance (it's like judge the many not working without judgement, rainbow doesn't work without prism, double rainbow doesn't work without rainbow)
    I doubt its WAI tho. I went through the whole lam sharadi topic and saw no dev mentioning you have to have all 3 twisted to use double rainbow...and sorry but your comparison doesnt work cause you could twist judgment and twist judge the many, and not twist lay to rest..and it should work (in the same way I was expecting double rainbow and prism to).

The way I assumed it worked was like the OP, and that if you wanted the extra damage from rainbow..then you would have to slot that in too, but having to waste all 3 twists of fate to use 1 ability is shockingly bad design.

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post

Huh? Explain? Even if all three tiers of the double rainbow were required (which I'm sure they are NOT), prism - 2points, rainbow - 3 points, and double rainbow - 4 points, only adds up to 9, far short of the maximum 16 fate points currently available... Or am I missing something?
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Outside of Shiradi Champion, to gain the benefits of both Prism and Double Rainbow you would need to Twist both enhancements. You cannot gain the benefits of Double Rainbow without Prism.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge_Clan View Post
    Here you go:
    Which matches exactly what the OP is saying he has.

But it's not working.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

*sigh* Wish I had checked the forums before I spent my twist points ><

I saw Varg's post

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Outside of Shiradi Champion, to gain the benefits of both Prism and Double Rainbow you would need to Twist both enhancements. You cannot gain the benefits of Double Rainbow without Prism.
    And thought I would be fine so I spent the points to unlock the tier 4 for double rainbow and the tier2 for prism, but when I turn on prism, I only get the prism buff and it ignores the double rainbow.

I am exceptionally sad right now.

-JJ

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post

I saw Varg's post

And thought I would be fine so I spent the points to unlock the tier 4 for double rainbow and the tier2 for prism, but when I turn on prism, I only get the prism buff and it ignores the double rainbow.

-JJ
    Just clarifying: You can freely reset your fate points at the Epic Trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post

I saw Varg's post

-JJ
    Resetting the fate points only takes a click.

Thank you both, didn't realize that was in game

I am MUCH happier now

-JJ