Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default regarding the guild

I have not heard of that guild either but assume it was built during build a guild time. Link to see information is following. Except for this unknown guild the other information seem fairly spot on.

http://ddocrafting.info/index.php?p=guildList

Truthfully I've never seen anyone on wayfinder in this guild. and im on every day. if you do a search on my.ddo.com for Clubbed Baby Seals you get nothing. if you do a google search you get a link to this thread, and lots of nasty pictures.

I'm having difficultly believing the data is correct. If there are any members of this guild please let us know it exists.

Also Superiority complex has had a guild rename to blood moon. I know this as i have a friend in this guild.
    Last edited by sdrocky; 08-28-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Community Member

Default facts

Clubbed Baby Seals do not exist
    SupComplex+Blood moon are the same thing, one has been renamed to the other

Quote Originally Posted by McFunzel View Post
    Thanks for confirming that my friend.

fin*
    hunters of wayfinder

Send invitations to friends you know play in other servers.
    Add "Punch and Pie"...

Receive new players with Cupcakes, Siberys Cakes, and fists....

If you can handle the influx of new players and can deal with playing the long con. Change the name.

Call it Awayfinder.

Promotes it to the top of the server list. New players will be tempted to join the first server on the list.
    [/post]

Quote Originally Posted by McFunzel View Post

Incorrect. As I mentioned several post back SC and BM merged but both still exist. SC was not renamed and not all members left.

Unless I am seeing ghosts Illumdyl with SC is alive and well and still guilded everytime I see them on,and the last time that was, 2 minutes ago. LOL.
    Last edited by laurawilder; 08-30-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Lady i havnt seen an SC for months. Lots of bloodmoons though..

i will be on all weekend so will regularly check the who list.

Also superiority complex no longer show up on the guild list in my ddo.

i i see one i will withdraw my statement. But as it stands and with McFunzels confirmation (he has been in sc/blood moon since i met him on about week 4 of wayfinder being opened) i have to disagree.

So maybe its dated data that hasnt been refreshed. My.ddo may be borked. Maybe the data is borked as well. If the second is true it would not matter who draws the data. its still borked. As has been said in IT many times before bullsh*t in bullsh*t out.
    Last edited by sdrocky; 08-31-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post
    Incorrect. As I mentioned several post back SC and BM merged but both still exist. SC was not renamed and not all members left.

Unless I am seeing ghosts Illumdyl with SC is alive and well and still guilded everytime I see them on,and the last time that was, 2 minutes ago. LOL.
    It's OT, but anyway, the guild Superiority Complex was renamed to Blood Moon some time (months) ago, during a guild merge that turned out not to work just a few days later.
    Since yesterday, it has been renamed back to its original name, Superiority Complex.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post

still correct.
    Blood Moon was renamed back to Superiority Complex on 08-30-2012 08:00am

edit* damn, notte beat me to it *

Community Member

Hi,

Perhaps your toons should pair off and make some babies. Sure, it will take a while, but in a few years you will have plenty more adventurers around.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Personally I am glad Kamikaze decided to change it back and use Superiority Complex again. Good to see one of the original guilds of the young server on the lists again and running around.

Aggreed. Things are right on Wayfinder seeing Superiority Complex running around again.

Quote Originally Posted by notte.oscura View Post
    That makes sense, I guess I misunderstood your sentence in the first place.

But just out of curiosity, where are these informations from?
    There could still be problems with the data because Wayfinder doesn't have a lvl 92 guild...
    And to be honest I find it strange that the second list hold the number of accounts. Accordingly to your information, a guild has 500+ accounts, others 200+, but I see so few characters on level 20 and above online. Still sounds more like the number of characters to me.
    If she's using MyDDO I have to point out that for some reason anyone who's ever been in my guild on Cannith is still counted on MyDDO as being a Guild member on the Guild's Page.

Yes Every single one - Even those who created a character, came to the harbour, requested a guild invite when I was feeling gracious and then logged off never to return.
    I boot anyone gone more than a month and have never seen any of them return to the game.

Two years I've been playing DDO - My Guild was created the first week I arrived - That's a lot of accounts that are in no way part of my guild at this time.

Offer free transfers again and I'll love to come over.
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Pewf - Koeta

Quote Originally Posted by Pewf View Post
    Offer free transfers again and I'll love to come over.
    mate. come start a toon. even if only fo a favour run. I'm vip. ill open elite for ya.

Default confuxing

I don't understand why there has to be different servers, anyways, except as a holdover from before, when technology wasn't as able to keep up with large numbers of players. Even if one computer or server couldn't handle all the players, there is distributed computing these days, which makes many computers behave as one. Even if that wasn't enough, we have separate instances of the same harbor or marketplace, etc.

The only reason to have separate servers is if people actually want to play in a self-contained environment for whatever reason, like speaking Deutsche, for example. I'm sure Chinese players would like to be able to play with people who speak and type in Chinese. So, I can't really complain about the population of Wayfinder, because I am in the Midwest of the USA. I would really like a server that was either located in my area or just served people from my area. I understand that it doesn't really make much difference anymore, with modern technology, the lag remains the same, wherever you are. I think oceanic distances are likely more laggy, overall.

I wouldn't want to exclude anyone from 'my' server, though. I just would rather play with people from the Midwest than people from either the east or west coast. I do enjoy playing with Australians and most Europeans.

In general, whatever the server, It seems to be a shame that people don't just put up pugs, especially with the auto pug option. Guilds are especially troublesome to join, apparently because of the 'decay' feature. How sad. I think you should remember that "the customer is always right" and give up stuff like decay. You can ask the players for more input, but I suspect they all feel that decay is dumb. It is a shame that guild people don't invite non-guild people to play, meaning they don't put up a pug. I ALWAYS do.

I guess sometimes I would rather play a different game. Nobody is perfect.

;]

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Lets face it. We need to do something. Still waiting on the luvin.

1. Guilds could run more low level pugs.
    2. Turbine could come through with server specific events (xp boost. CC days with reduced requirements for opening, giveaway events etc)

Any idea's.
    I thought that was the german/euro server. One of these three things might help.

1. Offer Lederhosen armor kits
    2. Have a Turbine sausage lottery
    3. Shut it down

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I thought that was the german/euro server. One of these three things might help.

1. Offer Lederhosen armor kits
    2. Have a Turbine sausage lottery
    3. Shut it down
    lol
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Prime Healer (All EDs Capped) | Brogburt - The Warlord (All EDs Capped) | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <The True Path>

Quote Originally Posted by jamvaru View Post
    I don't understand why there has to be different servers, anyways, except as a holdover from before, when technology wasn't as able to keep up with large numbers of players. Even if one computer or server couldn't handle all the players, there is distributed computing these days, which makes many computers behave as one.
    Yes but if you want to be able to scale out you have to build for it... design your architecture around that principle and follow specifications based on the chosen technology.

DDO's design is what? 7-8 years old? More?
    Maybe it will be a matter of discussion if a DDO2 will ever exist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast