Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cya Guys

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    If you enjoy hunting deer, and you buy a helicopter, thermal imaging system, and a Gatling gun, and you then find deer hunting to be too easy, would it make more sense to try hunting in a different way, or complain that the deer aren't challenging enough for you because you are simply too awesome for them?
    +1, because the mental image made me giggle.
    Goddess! You know it baybee.

Nissha - Chanteuse - Zealotry - Zealot - Zeal
    Leader, High Rollers (Cannith)

Community Member

if the turbine remove the stupid Epic C, N and H difficulties can i back in game. I want a serious end game, i want challenge , i want a end game without istant kills. This game now is only for casual players. U like run Raid in N or H? is ridiculous, it s a cake walk, and no reason to run in EE. I m sorry but i hate all casual players and i can t play a game designed for casual players. I love ddo but , this is not my old ddo. GL guys, I love D&D , for sure we will meet on neverwinter night online, i m in beta.

Love , Uri
    Last edited by Sarnind; 08-23-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

I can easily understand this.

Being playing for "only" two years (and not 14h a day, and no compeltionist, no all epic toon) I noticed that most new packs are getting easier, with better loot and - sometimes - one challenging quest. Well challenging the first time and then you know the trick.

So there was epic, that was a bit challenging - not all of them but well you had to have a plan. A wizzard had to grind to get 44+DC - and now with epic destinies BOOOOOOOOOOOOM a first life can hit 46+ and wail everything. Or almost everything.

So I can understand that a completionist can feel frustrated for a move in the game's direction that I have noticed since Attack on Stormreach pack, I believe ("make the arc a couple of times I you'll have better gear than former-at-same-level-that-you-have-already-bought packs").

I'm not saying this game should be designed only for vets but there should be room for them too no ?
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

Community Member

Arrivederci Uri-pacco! All the people throwing dirt on the forums never once had the courage to shortman the good versions of ELOB and Echains (or play on Thelanis? Feeling so small you have to put down players on other servers too?) Looks like Cannith loses a truly unique, extraordinary player who is an around great guy and gains five new complainers.

Goodbye Uri, not that we really know each other, but its a sad thing to see player like you leaving. Perhaps we will get to know each other a little more... in GW

Thanks a lot for all groups.

Wish you the best!

Community Member KutchemesTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Why should only poor players have the right of challanege?
    How do you make that mind ? Make a very powerful rogue and try to solo elite TOD. If you cannot create your enjoyment this is your fault. Your lack of imagination. Hating casual players is a solution ? Lol. If you turn a role playing game to a power players game you shouldn't complain about that thing is too easy.
    Cannith : Khakan ( Ftr ) - Ajattara ( Rog ) - Rigeell ( Fvs ) No guild, No Cry

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnind View Post
    if the turbine remove the stupid Epic C, N and H difficulties can i back in game. I want a serious end game, i want challenge , i want a end game without istant kills. This game now is only for casual players. U like run Raid in N or H? is ridiculous, it s a cake walk, and no reason to run in EE. I m sorry but i hate all casual players and i can t play a game designed for casual players. I love ddo but , this is not my old ddo. GL guys, I love D&D , for sure we will meet on neverwinter night online, i m in beta.

Love , Uri
    So you are quitting because casual, normal, and hard difficulties exist on epic? You like running epic elite, but you are so against the mere existance of other difficultly levels that you are going to quit?

And you say there is "no reason to run Epic Elite" and are quitting because running other difficulties is not sufficiently challenging?

It must be difficult to be so awesome that the mere existance of easier difficulty levels make it impossible for you to continue playing.

Your professed hatred of all casual players may be the most egotistical post I have ever read on these forums. Don't let the tavern door hit you on your way out the door.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    If you are not being sarcastic...

He could easily bank his gear, roll a new character, and limit himself to whatever he finds. When he rolls that new character, he could choose not to min-max it, and maybe roll a sorcerer with 14 CHA or a wizard with 14 INT.
    (...)
    If you are bored but want to keep playing this awesome game, ditch some of your gear and don't min-max your character. Or play permadeath and see if you can solo everything on elite. Or quit, I guess, if that is what makes you happy.
    Yeah or try playing with only your left hand.

/mode sarcasm_off
    Succubus pretty ... too bad she try to kill us
    Lewela FvS (5th life)-Aezechiel Sorc (3rd life)-Usuldur Monk (5th life)-Larsenkarden Cleric (2nd life)-Punkcanard Eva-Artie (2nd life)-Kakophonyc Virtuoso/Fighter
    Le Dernier Chapitre ///// Argonnessen

Love , Uri
    So do you expect every single player in the game to only be able to level up from 20-25 and level epic destinies by running epic elite? There are a lot of players in the game that have a rough time with epic hard as it stands. Requiring them to level up on EE would cause a huge percentage of the player base to quit.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Cya man.

I hope you'll suck it up and we'll see you soon
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

The real irony is that I bet the OP grinded out all those TRs at max speed... repeating the same 30 quests ten times each, all of which were very easy and fast.

And now he complains that he's leaving becase end-game is too easy as well. A direct result of all those TRs, playing the fastest easiest quests for a year plus.

Meanwhile, my five characters have each TRed once or twice, taking 3-4 months each time to TR, playing all 300 quests, instead of 30, experiencing some challenges along the way, enjoying the game, not rushing through it to get to the "real game at end-game" (???)

I have solid gear, but not the best, useful TR past-lives, but not all of them, and I find end-game to be challenging, especially epic elite.

So I got to have fun while leveling, and fun at end-game.

The OP had very little game fun while leveling (he may have had fun hanging with friends, but if he's leaving because the game is too easy, he must not like easy, and uber-elite fast TRing is nothing but doing the easiest quests over and over and over and over).

And the OP is now not having fun at end-game.

I think he did it wrong.

(I'm not telling him my way is better... I'm not saying my way is the only way to play... But his way definitely didn't work out for him. If he hates easy, then TRing fast couldn't have been fun, and the effect of all those TRs is that now even end-game is easy and isn't fun for him).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nedime View Post
    Lol this is getting rediculous
    Yeah, but typing in the code for God-mode does make a game dull after a while.

Community Member

So why not take an ED that doesn't have the "Everything is Easy" epic moment in it?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

The OP's complaints are not along the lines of "there is no content to run", it's more like "there is no one to run the fun content with". I don't think anyone in cannith has run Caught in The Web on elite yet. The server is full of casual players and TR maniacs. After the expansion, most of the people who used to tag along for the old epic and elite raids doesn't want to run stuff on epic elite. The few people who do run epic elite stuff are quitting, one by one - I have seen 5 players give up already. When the pool of people you have to play with is along the lines of 20~30 people, 5 quitters are a lot.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

The OP is a complete PACCO!

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    So, the dullard can find challenge easily. Using all their meager resources, they are naturally challenged along the way. But the intelligent player is not afforded that right. The good player is not allowed to use his resourcefullness and still be challenged. The exeptional player must act like the dullard in order to find challenge. It makes no sense.

You ask what hope new players would have? What hope would normal players have? They have casual and normal difficulties with which they can progress.
    If epic elite is too easy, this guy has the reflexes of a millitary android.

The good player who planned his toon from day one is afforded the right to challenge themselves. THey can play epic elite content in quests we know are tough on that difficulty (not the two minute completion quests in some of the new chains mind you).

Yes, I believe it is ironic that there are players who plan their toons through multiple lives from day one to min max all stats, have insane DCs and huge HP, high saves, etc then complain the game is too easy. The INTELLIGENT (your operative word here) player will see the trap for what it is and make the adjustment.

The real issue: The same people complain about the negatives on both sides of the coin. The same end gamers who complained up a storm that the game was too grindy, are now realizing they no longer get to enjoy that certain level of exclusivity they used to have when less than 5% of the server population had all the same gear they did in all slots. Now many are saying its too easy. Too many "casuals" they say.

The good news for the OP is there are quite a few games that offer the desired level of exclusivity for those who wish to spend ALOT OF TIME grinding for gear. What needs to be realized here is that level of exclusivity elite gamers like to enjoy, comes at the price of having to grind for that gear, running the_same_raids over and over again. theres a high risk of failure in those games as well. You can spend 2 hours clearing trash and mini bosses, go up against the boss, get him down to 3% of his life, then screw up once and wipe the entire encounter. Loot acquired = 0, time spent, far longer than any raid in DDO takes. Its proven that those kinds of games do attract players that want to play them, some in large numbers. Im glad DDO moved away from being one of those games.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The real issue: The same people complain about the negatives on both sides of the coin. The same end gamers who complained up a storm that the game was too grindy, are now realizing they no longer get to enjoy that certain level of exclusivity they used to have when less than 5% of the server population had all the same gear they did in all slots. Now many are saying its too easy. Too many "casuals" they say.
    I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. If this gearing made all the n00bers ubber then the OP would have tons of people to play with, wouldn't he?

I don't know a single vet who's upset that newer players can get good stuff easier. please show me where the OP says this.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

You can't expect one game to entertain you for a lifetime... sounds like you had a good run. 6 years of daily entertainment is a pretty good turnout.

GL in GW2!
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. If this gearing made all the n00bers ubber then the OP would have tons of people to play with, wouldn't he?

I don't know a single vet who's upset that newer players can get good stuff easier. please show me where the OP says this.
    Its in the OP.

I wanted to say hello to all my friends, I stop playing ddo, cause end game too easy , boring and too casual game player.
    Its not about having people to play with. Its about the game being too easy - after planning multiple life min max toons that use the most powerful abilities like EiN.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast